ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

ikeron

Re: FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Post by ikeron » Sat May 24, 2014 6:32 am

Keisha wrote:
ikeron wrote:What can I say unto the Lord? All I've got to say thank you Lord. It's been a very long battle with the HO. Just a brief one, I made a human rights application over two years ago ,got refused after 9 months with no right of appeal. I then made JR after five months the HO asked me to withdraw for reconsideration. Just had a phone call from my solicitor that I have been granted. Thank you for your support and God bless you all.
*singing*...Great things...He has done,Greater things...He will do,unto the Lord...Give thy glory...Great things He has done.We thank God for His grace and enjoy your freedom.The amoebas have been defeated!!Please recap your story again...thanks! :D

@Keisha Thank you for your support. You know it's a very long story. After my refusal my previous solicitor wouldn't allowed me to go for the JR. Because of his own interest. I have to keep on searching what to do next. By the time I realise 4 months has passed by. I have to look for another solicitor and he told the JR should have been done within 3 months of the refusal. But we can still give it a try and all depends on the judge. Thus 50 / 50 chance.
Some solicitors are not helpful at all. All they need is your money. Will give you more updates later on.
Last edited by ikeron on Sat May 24, 2014 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

ikeron

Post by ikeron » Sat May 24, 2014 6:42 am

@winners, @nilemarques, @Believe 2013 , @kukuwife , @kombwe and all the people on this forum. What can I say unto the Lord? All I've got to say God bless you. Thank you for your support.

ThisYear

Re: FLR(FP) and Discretionary Leave to Remain timelines

Post by ThisYear » Sat May 24, 2014 7:29 am

Wow. ....big fat congrats @ikeron. We thank God you were able to fight for JR. Wishing you all the very best
FLR(O) private life/parent of BC
App sub - Feb2012
Contact HO - Feb2013
Further info requested - Apr2013
Decision - Refused Nov2013
JR - Dec2013
JR withdrawn - Mar 2014
JR Sealed - Jun 2014
Granted - Aug 2014

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Sat May 24, 2014 10:19 am

Big big congratulation@ikeron. What a day!!!!! Enjoy your freedom. God bless.

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Sat May 24, 2014 11:19 am

Ladies and Gents we really need to pray for God's mercy and grace,seeing that UKIP is hogging the political scene.We all know that they're anti -immigration and ready to rumble.May God disable their plans and works.

God's Authority

Post by God's Authority » Sat May 24, 2014 2:30 pm

Hello Nilemarques. Am so sorry to read about the decision.
I can only pray that God gives you the resources you need and favour to achieve the ultimate goal . Pls do not despair. Positive change will come through for you soon.
Congrats Ikeron. God bless.

Rina,Keisha,shondra,dapsonlee,bsmith, summer 2013 and dear Believe, you are all in my prayers. God bless you all.

Pls if I left out your name it's not intentional o. Got nothing but love for you :) God bless.

Al Haqq

Post by Al Haqq » Sat May 24, 2014 10:12 pm

ikeron wrote:What can I say unto the Lord? All I've got to say thank you Lord. It's been a very long battle with the HO. Just a brief one, I made a human rights application over two years ago ,got refused after 9 months with no right of appeal. I then made JR after five months the HO asked me to withdraw for reconsideration. Just had a phone call from my solicitor that I have been granted. Thank you for your support and God bless you all.
A warm and hearty CONGRATULATIONS to you ikeron. Enjoy your VISA stress free life.

ikeron

Post by ikeron » Sun May 25, 2014 10:43 am

Al Haqq wrote:
A warm and hearty CONGRATULATIONS to you ikeron. Enjoy your VISA stress free life.
@Al Haqq
Thank you for your support. I am still praying for them to withdraw their decision even before the date of your appeal. I will always remember the people of this forum in my prayers.
During the reconsideration of your application , did they request any additional documents from you?

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Sun May 25, 2014 12:27 pm

[quote="God's Authority"]Hello Nilemarques. Am so sorry to read about the decision.
I can only pray that God gives you the resources you need and favour to achieve the ultimate goal . Pls do not despair. Positive change will come through for you soon.
Congrats Ikeron. God bless.

Rina,Keisha,shondra,dapsonlee,bsmith, summer 2013 and dear Believe, you are all in my prayers. God bless you all.

Pls if I left out your name it's not intentional o. Got nothing but love for you :) God bless.[/quote]

@God's Authority and @ Al Haq! Thanks for the support! You know that I'm a fighter! Will fight till kingdom come!! Lol!!
Stay Blessed!

east579new

Post by east579new » Sun May 25, 2014 2:22 pm

Keisha wrote:Ladies and Gents we really need to pray for God's mercy and grace,seeing that UKIP is hogging the political scene.We all know that they're anti -immigration and ready to rumble.May God disable their plans and works.
If i was you i wouldn't worry too much about UKIP i would be more worried about the immigration bill which is now law

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/immi ... ecomes-law

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Sun May 25, 2014 2:30 pm

@East...I read about that few weeks back and I'm not worried about their immigration law,as God's law is above every law.I trust in God that that He will surpass every law!

Al Haqq

Post by Al Haqq » Sun May 25, 2014 4:45 pm

@ikeron
No, they did not request anything. They just requested 3 months and did it within that time. I hope this information helps.

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Tue May 27, 2014 2:23 pm

@es2013

R u still waiting for outcome of your application?
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

es2013

Post by es2013 » Tue May 27, 2014 3:08 pm

Zee ali wrote:@es2013

R u still waiting for outcome of your application?
Yes am still waiting, havent heard anything since biometrics, hope a decision comes real quick. thanks
Application sent: 10.04.14
Received by HO : 11.04.14
Acknow dated : 14.04.14 received 19.04.14
Biometric letter: 15.04.14 and letter of ECHR received on 17.04.14
Biometrics done: 19.04.14
More docs requested: 04.06.14 Posted 14.06.14
BRP: 19.06.14

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Tue May 27, 2014 4:48 pm

Good afternoon/evening all. This is too good not to share. Extremely powerful piece/report. It's about 20 pages long. Enjoy, if you have not come across it before http://www.brighterfutureslondon.co.uk/ ... UP-Web.pdf
Keep the faith.
“I am not a saint unless you think a saint is a sinner who keeps trying"

Al Haqq

Post by Al Haqq » Wed May 28, 2014 9:02 am

ikeron wrote:
Al Haqq wrote:
@Al Haqq
Thank you for your support. I am still praying for them to withdraw their decision even before the date of your appeal. I will always remember the people of this forum in my prayers.
During the reconsideration of your application , did they request any additional documents from you?
@ikeron
That is so "touchy" thanks for that I can not express how happy that makes me feel. Once again thanks and God bless.

Al Haqq

Post by Al Haqq » Wed May 28, 2014 9:16 am

Hello all,
I would appreciate some information / guidance about an issue. My appeal date is next week;
1. I will like to know if my daughter (17 years old?) and my son (14 years) would be required to talk/qeustioned in the court on the day of appeal.
2. I will also like to know how to prepare (apart from going there with the evidences I sent to the court and HO)
3. I will like to know if there are websites to visit for such informations.
Thank you in advance for your help.
NOTE: I am representing myself. I am still looking around to see if I can get a pro bono wo will explain these questions.

Once again thanks in advance.

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Wed May 28, 2014 10:41 am

Good morning

@Al Haqq, please kindly clarify the nature of your appeal on what basis is it for i.e application for permission for JR or appealing against a JR ruling? thanks

Al Haqq

Post by Al Haqq » Wed May 28, 2014 1:48 pm

@ Believe2013,
apologies, it is a first tribunal appeal, appealing against the decision of the HO.
One of the condition of me accepting to withdraw my JR was that if they make a negative decision then I would be granted a right to appeal the decision. It is not a JR. Thanks

jayachandran
Newly Registered

Post by jayachandran » Wed May 28, 2014 6:41 pm

hi,.
can any one please tell me what are the documents do i need to submit to extend visa with FLR(o) form for my wife, my wife got Discretionary leave to reamian in the uk for 3 years in june 2011.

do i need to submit my british Passport with the application, my pay slips and proff of living to-geather for 3 years like all our bills, english language requirement test..

Linda21
Newly Registered

Post by Linda21 » Wed May 28, 2014 8:46 pm

Evening to you all.

Congratulations to everyone who got their visas. :)

Wanted to ask for your opinions guys.
By the end of July my son's class is going on a trip abroad. When we sent my applications at the ho we included the letter from the school showing the dates of this trip. It will be the first trip abroad for my 10 yr old and don't want him to feel left out because of me(mum).
Do you think asking for his British passport back will affect my application? We also want to ask for my husband's passport too. I'm just a mess at the moment because don't know what to do and also scared that the ho will find this as one more reason to refuse me. Please advise me if u can . X

Al Haqq

Post by Al Haqq » Wed May 28, 2014 9:46 pm

Linda21 wrote:Evening to you all.

Congratulations to everyone who got their visas. :)

Wanted to ask for your opinions guys.
By the end of July my son's class is going on a trip abroad. When we sent my applications at the ho we included the letter from the school showing the dates of this trip. It will be the first trip abroad for my 10 yr old and don't want him to feel left out because of me(mum).
Do you think asking for his British passport back will affect my application? We also want to ask for my husband's passport too. I'm just a mess at the moment because don't know what to do and also scared that the ho will find this as one more reason to refuse me. Please advise me if u can . X
@Linda
You are in order to request back both BP, I remember a guidance was released some in the recent past , that the BP of those supporting applications should be returned and not held on to. I will see if I can find the link.

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Thu May 29, 2014 7:55 am

Good morning all!

Oh Al haqq thanks for clarifying. I am not familiar with the procedures other than JR ones but i suppose the concept is the same. Did your children provide written statements as part of the evidence for your trial bundle? If so, i don't see any reason why they can't testify in front of a judge. Its not unprecedented for kids to provide answers in court when called upon to do so! If you are comfortable with the idea then it could strengthen your proceeding! All the best!

helpme123

Post by helpme123 » Thu May 29, 2014 5:42 pm

Case History
Me and my daughter are British. My husband is a Pakistani. We had been living in Pakistan until 2 February 2014. My husband is on a visit visa till August. We came to the UK because our daughter has a rare genetic condition; the treatment is very limited in Pakistan. Without the treatment she would die.She has to take medicine thrice in a day for her whole life also need some surgeries .She has been treated under NHS special Dr Team. We moved to the UK only because of our daughter. We qualify for the 'unreasonable for the child to leave UK'. We have applied under FLR FP-Ex1 through a well known solicitor with a good repute. Our weaker side is source of income. My husband cannot work because he is on a visit visa and I cannot work because I have to take care of our daughter. Though we have a saving of about £5000. And a land in Pakistan worth £60,000. My husband is a software engineer and I am doctor though currently do not qualify for practise in the UK. Here in the UK we have rented a house to show that we intend to settle permanently. With our application we have attached an appeal letter describing our situation, utility bills, council tax bill, tenancy agreement, our daughter's nursery registration, and NHS medical record.Also a Dr letter from pakistan stated that treatment is very limited in Pakistan . Can anybody please tell me the chances of winning in a first go without an appeal? How much time would it take approx.People with similar cases or anybody who has known of a similar case, please reply. We are in a very difficult situation.
@Believe and Kiesha ,thanks for replying.
Actually my husband just came here for our daughter's surgery but after meeting NHS dr we decided it is very dangerous to go back for our daughters life. HO should consider our application under article 8. We have not another way.She is just 18 month old. we cannot let our daughter to die. she needs medicine after every 8 hours .i cannot handle it alone. we have only 4000 pound left.
we dont know what to do:(
Application Sent FLR (fp) - 18/05/2014
Acknowledgement from UKBA - 19/05/2014
Fee deduct - 20/05/2014
Biometric Letter and Human Right Considration - 23/05/2014
Biometric given -
Home Office requested additional documents -
Documents sent -

Please let us know how much time UKBA normally takes in such type of application . UKBA letter states
Thank you for your application for permission to stay in UK. Your application raises issue relation ECHR (human rights) .which are complex in nature .As such it falls outside our normal service standard for leave to remain.Please be assured we will try to make decision as quickly as possible.

kezza84
Newly Registered

Post by kezza84 » Thu May 29, 2014 9:33 pm

helpme123 wrote:Case History
Me and my daughter are British. My husband is a Pakistani. We had been living in Pakistan until 2 February 2014. My husband is on a visit visa till August. We came to the UK because our daughter has a rare genetic condition; the treatment is very limited in Pakistan. Without the treatment she would die.She has to take medicine thrice in a day for her whole life also need some surgeries .She has been treated under NHS special Dr Team. We moved to the UK only because of our daughter. We qualify for the 'unreasonable for the child to leave UK'. We have applied under FLR FP-Ex1 through a well known solicitor with a good repute. Our weaker side is source of income. My husband cannot work because he is on a visit visa and I cannot work because I have to take care of our daughter. Though we have a saving of about £5000. And a land in Pakistan worth £60,000. My husband is a software engineer and I am doctor though currently do not qualify for practise in the UK. Here in the UK we have rented a house to show that we intend to settle permanently. With our application we have attached an appeal letter describing our situation, utility bills, council tax bill, tenancy agreement, our daughter's nursery registration, and NHS medical record.Also a Dr letter from pakistan stated that treatment is very limited in Pakistan . Can anybody please tell me the chances of winning in a first go without an appeal? How much time would it take approx.People with similar cases or anybody who has known of a similar case, please reply. We are in a very difficult situation.
@Believe and Kiesha ,thanks for replying.
Actually my husband just came here for our daughter's surgery but after meeting NHS dr we decided it is very dangerous to go back for our daughters life. HO should consider our application under article 8. We have not another way.She is just 18 month old. we cannot let our daughter to die. she needs medicine after every 8 hours .i cannot handle it alone. we have only 4000 pound left.
we dont know what to do:(
Application Sent FLR (fp) - 18/05/2014
Acknowledgement from UKBA - 19/05/2014
Fee deduct - 20/05/2014
Biometric Letter and Human Right Considration - 23/05/2014
Biometric given -
Home Office requested additional documents -
Documents sent -

Please let us know how much time UKBA normally takes in such type of application . UKBA letter states
Thank you for your application for permission to stay in UK. Your application raises issue relation ECHR (human rights) .which are complex in nature .As such it falls outside our normal service standard for leave to remain.Please be assured we will try to make decision as quickly as possible.

Hiya,

I guess my case might be an article 8 as well, I have been her almost 15 years I came as a child, my daughter has ASD, has a legal statement of special needs for school and is under the care of the Autism specialist team, she also attends a special needs school my fiance is British but stationed overseas. They sent a request for further Doc in March and I am still waiting both my children are British citizen.

Still nothing! The lawyer said 2 months after they request you get a response this June will be 2 months