ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

March 2014 - Naturalisation Application Timeline

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

alinato
Newly Registered

Re: March 2014 - Naturalisation Application Timeline

Post by alinato » Sun May 25, 2014 11:58 pm

man4uni wrote: I would appreicate if everyone can keep their timeline up-to-date, which helps a lot! Not only in this thread but for the next month too.
Dear man4uni, I noticed you highlighted mine and sogy's name in green :mrgreen: ; while I hope to be so, the latest update is that my application was not allocated to case worker yet. I guess sogy is in the same situation.
I'm really hoping to hear good news soon... :|

man4uni

Post by man4uni » Mon May 26, 2014 8:22 am

alinato wrote:
man4uni wrote: I would appreicate if everyone can keep their timeline up-to-date, which helps a lot! Not only in this thread but for the next month too.
Dear man4uni, I noticed you highlighted mine and sogy's name in green :mrgreen: ; while I hope to be so, the latest update is that my application was not allocated to case worker yet. I guess sogy is in the same situation.
I'm really hoping to hear good news soon... :|
Ah! You are right! My bad... It's too late to edit it as well, however I hope by my next update (Sunday) both of your name will be in Green! :mrgreen:

Thanks for the correction :D

spike_UK

Post by spike_UK » Mon May 26, 2014 3:42 pm

Hi guys, I hope you all enjoying the long weekend. I need your advice please. For some reason I might have to fly home and spend Ramadan there. If it happens that I get my approval before I go but I don't go for ceremony, can I postponed my ceremony and rearrange it for later on. Or is it compulsory to do it in 3 weeks. Many thanks for replies.
Applied for EEA4 on 24/02/2012.
HO received on 27/02/2012.
Refusal received on 16/08/2012 dated 11/08/2012
At the court, the HO REP withdrawn the decision and asked me to send the DOC for the time before marriage.
PR dated 05/03/2013

lamijm

Post by lamijm » Mon May 26, 2014 3:45 pm

spike_UK wrote:Hi guys, I hope you all enjoying the long weekend. I need your advice please. For some reason I might have to fly home and spend Ramadan there. If it happens that I get my approval before I go but I don't go for ceremony, can I postponed my ceremony and rearrange it for later on. Or is it compulsory to do it in 3 weeks. Many thanks for replies.
I think I read somewhere that as long as you do it in 3 months you should be ok. Double check it cause im not 100 percent sure.

spike_UK

Post by spike_UK » Mon May 26, 2014 7:25 pm

lamijm wrote:
spike_UK wrote:Hi guys, I hope you all enjoying the long weekend. I need your advice please. For some reason I might have to fly home and spend Ramadan there. If it happens that I get my approval before I go but I don't go for ceremony, can I postponed my ceremony and rearrange it for later on. Or is it compulsory to do it in 3 weeks. Many thanks for replies.
I think I read somewhere that as long as you do it in 3 months you should be ok. Double check it cause im not 100 percent sure.
Thanks lamijn, does anyone else have a second opinion please.
At the court, the HO REP withdrawn the decision and asked me to send the DOC for the time before marriage.
PR dated 05/03/2013

SouthWest1

Post by SouthWest1 » Mon May 26, 2014 7:40 pm

spike_UK wrote:
lamijm wrote:
Thanks lamijn, does anyone else have a second opinion please.
you have to attend within 3 months from the date of approval.
otherwise, you will have to apply again.

lamijm

Post by lamijm » Mon May 26, 2014 7:51 pm

Knew I saw that somewhere before. Spike why dont you call the council and get it from the horses mouth itself to be really sure?

spike_UK

Post by spike_UK » Mon May 26, 2014 8:30 pm

Thanks for your responds guys, yes I will call them once I get the approval which should be buy next week I'm hoping.
PR dated 05/03/2013

alinato
Newly Registered

Post by alinato » Mon May 26, 2014 11:14 pm

man4uni wrote: Ah! You are right! My bad... It's too late to edit it as well, however I hope by my next update (Sunday) both of your name will be in Green! :mrgreen:
Many thanks; hope so too.. :lol:

sogy

Post by sogy » Tue May 27, 2014 7:54 am

man4uni wrote: Ah! You are right! My bad... It's too late to edit it as well, however I hope by my next update (Sunday) both of your name will be in Green! :mrgreen:

Thanks for the correction :D
Yeah, alinato is correct about me too. Still no caseworker, as of last Friday.

tehmer

Post by tehmer » Tue May 27, 2014 11:55 am

Just called HO and they informed me that your decision pack was sent out on 22/05/2014 by 2nd class post but most shocking thing for me is when i called on 23/05/2014 they told me that its in final stages. Dont know they telling us correct information or what? but hope for the best and I pray that its true.

uvalue90

Post by uvalue90 » Tue May 27, 2014 12:12 pm

@Tehmer

Same thing happened to me I called them on 22-05-2014 and lady said that your application hasnt been allocated to case worker yet. I called them again on 23-05-2014 and another lady on the phone said that decision has been made and posted out to you on 22-05-2014. I have not received anything yet and do not know who is correct...........so it is wait and see game.....

gaboon_viper

Post by gaboon_viper » Tue May 27, 2014 12:51 pm

Called them, rude guy said my status saying IN PROGRESS, wait for 6 months. Whats in progress means, waiting allocation or with case worker please? I ask the guy this question, he said wait for 6 months :twisted:
Always here to help to best of my understanding

ouflak1

Post by ouflak1 » Wed May 28, 2014 9:35 am

ouflak1 wrote: Eligibility criteria: WP 5 years, ILR 4+ years
Language criteria met: Exempt Country (USA) / IELTS
Current nationality: American (me) / Indian (wife)
Method of application: Standard postal
Date of application: March 25th, 2014
Payment method CC/DC, Personal cheque, Bankers cheque etc: CC
Date of receipt by UKBA: 3/4/2014
Date of aknowlegment:3/4/2014
Date of debit or clearance of fees:1/4/2014
Date approval received: 28/5/2014
Date of ceremony:
We had a little bump in this process, but everything was still fairly quick considering when we applied. This was a joint application. My wife is Indian with a degree from India. As has been pointed out in another thread in this forum, the guidance manual has some incorrect wording/formatting, and we assumed that we could simply send the UK NARIC letter and this would satisfy her English requirement. That is ofcource inaccurate and we got a letter back from the case worker asking us to send along the original degree certificate along with a letter stating that the curriculum was taught in English. The curriculum was not taught in English, but my wife had taken and passed her IELTS with a score of 6 (4 is required to meet the English language requirement). So we sent the degree certificate along with her IELTS certificate and a covering letter explaining everything. That was less than two weeks ago and today we got the acceptance (glad they took the 'new evidence'). As soon as we can, we will go for private ceremonies and be done with all this. Then the passports....

spike_UK

Post by spike_UK » Wed May 28, 2014 11:36 am

Called HO yesterday, after details checked, the guy asked me if I want an update?!! Hell yeh, that is why I'm calling. Well after 5 seconds he told me that the update shows, they have received variety of docs and wage slips. So I asked how long will it take CW to decide now as he has what he requested!! 6 months procedure he replied!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOD I'm fed up with call centre.
What you guys think?????????????????? :(
PR dated 05/03/2013

gaboon_viper

Post by gaboon_viper » Wed May 28, 2014 12:01 pm

spike_UK wrote:Called HO yesterday, after details checked, the guy asked me if I want an update?!! Hell yeh, that is why I'm calling. Well after 5 seconds he told me that the update shows, they have received variety of docs and wage slips. So I asked how long will it take CW to decide now as he has what he requested!! 6 months procedure he replied!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOD I'm fed up with call centre.
What you guys think?????????????????? :(
same reply i got to wait for 6 months. Nothing else we can do :?: :?: i stopped calling them, its tension, at least we have ILR, :shock:
Always here to help to best of my understanding

sogy

Post by sogy » Wed May 28, 2014 12:24 pm

spike_UK wrote:Called HO yesterday, after details checked, the guy asked me if I want an update?!! Hell yeh, that is why I'm calling. Well after 5 seconds he told me that the update shows, they have received variety of docs and wage slips.(
When did they request the docs? And how (sent you a letter, or what)?

I guess they cannot give estimates of when the process may be completed. And this is OK - otherwise people would try to complain that the estmates were wrong.

What is not so good is that they don't always provide the current status. After my 69 days of waiting, and seeing how the queue moves, I would really like to know if my application is with the case worker yet. Also, check whether they have requested any additional documents. This is not a whim of mine: if they have sent a request, but it did not reach me, they will reject me after 3 weeks, without me being able to answer their question(s) or send additional evidence. This would not be OK by my book.

That being said, not all customer service officers are the same: some simply tell you about the 6-month rule, others actually find and provide some information. So keep calling, you may get a more helpul person at the other end of the line some time.

spike_UK

Post by spike_UK » Wed May 28, 2014 3:37 pm

sogy wrote:
spike_UK wrote:Called HO yesterday, after details checked, the guy asked me if I want an update?!! Hell yeh, that is why I'm calling. Well after 5 seconds he told me that the update shows, they have received variety of docs and wage slips.(
When did they request the docs? And how (sent you a letter, or what)?

I guess they cannot give estimates of when the process may be completed. And this is OK - otherwise people would try to complain that the estmates were wrong.

What is not so good is that they don't always provide the current status. After my 69 days of waiting, and seeing how the queue moves, I would really like to know if my application is with the case worker yet. Also, check whether they have requested any additional documents. This is not a whim of mine: if they have sent a request, but it did not reach me, they will reject me after 3 weeks, without me being able to answer their question(s) or send additional evidence. This would not be OK by my book.

That being said, not all customer service officers are the same: some simply tell you about the 6-month rule, others actually find and provide some information. So keep calling, you may get a more helpul person at the other end of the line some time.
Hi Sogy, I guess you forgot I had replied to your hesitation last week!! My friend you are just paranoid that is all. In 2 weeks or 3 I'm sure you and I will get over it ( Inshallah ). I received the letter on 17 May (dated 15 May) I gathered everything they requested ( Well, what I had ) sent them on 19 May by Special D ( included prepaid Special envelop ) seen signature on mail site 20 May, and when I rung HO update says they have received it on 22 May. So my point is if they request anything of you!!! They will definitely write to you. Stop annoying yourself, stop coming to this site,, go away and ignore everything and you will be surprised ;) as the time will go fast, PATIENT is the key bro.
PR dated 05/03/2013

rubina20102010
Member of Standing

Post by rubina20102010 » Thu May 29, 2014 9:51 am

rubina20102010 wrote:
rubina20102010 wrote:Eligibility criteria: 2 years HSMP + 3 years Tier 1 General + 1 year ILR
Language criteria met : IELTS (6.5) band
Current nationality: Pakistani
Method of application: NCS
Council name if NCS used: Croydon
Date of application: 31 March 2014
Payment method: Debit card
Date of receipt by UKBA: 02 April 2014
Date of acknowlegment: 14-April-2014 Received - Dated 09-04-2014
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 09 April 2014
Date approval received:TBC
Date of ceremony:TBC
UPDATE

This morning I've called UKBA and they replied that decision has been made and post it to you on last Friday 23-May-2014 but still I haven't received it yet.

Anyone in the same situation please?

Haidi5

Post by Haidi5 » Thu May 29, 2014 10:30 am

Hi Guys,
I called today for update. Guy said that it is still under consideration. I asked him if it has been allocated to a case worker yet?
He said unfortunately he does not have the previliged to check that status.(it is funny).
After that he was about to start the normal 6 month lecture but I said thanks a lot for update.
Waiting game continues.

sogy

Post by sogy » Thu May 29, 2014 10:32 am

Haidi5 wrote:Hi Guys,
I called today for update. Guy said that it is still under consideration. I asked him if it has been allocated to a case worker yet?
He said unfortunately he does not have the previliged to check that status.(it is funny)..
Exactly the same as my call yesterday.

Haidi5

Post by Haidi5 » Thu May 29, 2014 10:39 am

@Soggy
At least we got new status ( consideration) lol.
So we don't know what does that mean allocated or not allocated. When he said that he can't check anything else,I really wanted to laugh.
Just praying to God and waiting now. Hopefully everything will be fine.

spike_UK

Post by spike_UK » Thu May 29, 2014 11:13 am

"Something for you" the little slip from Royal Mail. I can't believe I had been so tired I couldn't hear the door. It says Y item, TICK on Special Delivery, Letter A4, Signature required, Waiting at your local Delivery Office. It's also under my new name so for sure it's HO and I'm not expecting anything else :)
Again it's a waiting, annoying game to be continued!! I have to wait till tomorrow to collect and yet again whether it's just documents returned (I had included a pre-paid envelop as they requested ) or decision; approval or refusal..............
GOD help me please :(
PR dated 05/03/2013

rubina20102010
Member of Standing

Post by rubina20102010 » Thu May 29, 2014 11:32 am

spike_UK wrote:"Something for you" the little slip from Royal Mail. I can't believe I had been so tired I couldn't hear the door. It says Y item, TICK on Special Delivery, Letter A4, Signature required, Waiting at your local Delivery Office. It's also under my new name so for sure it's HO and I'm not expecting anything else :)
Again it's a waiting, annoying game to be continued!! I have to wait till tomorrow to collect and yet again whether it's just documents returned (I had included a pre-paid envelop as they requested ) or decision; approval or refusal..............
Great - Congr8. Could you please share when/what date you called them and they replied that they have posted it?

spike_UK

Post by spike_UK » Thu May 29, 2014 11:39 am

rubina20102010 wrote:
spike_UK wrote:"Something for you" the little slip from Royal Mail. I can't believe I had been so tired I couldn't hear the door. It says Y item, TICK on Special Delivery, Letter A4, Signature required, Waiting at your local Delivery Office. It's also under my new name so for sure it's HO and I'm not expecting anything else :)
Great - Congr8. Could you please share when/what date you called them and they replied that they have posted it?
Thanks mate but please don't cograt me for nothing yet!!! This is HO and they can just send me DOCs back and thank me for them, and ask me to wait upto 6 months for the decision!!! :shock:
I have to go to Royal Mail tomorrow and then update you guys, if I do get the approval then I have something in my mind :) (I'm gonna ring HO for an update!! )
PR dated 05/03/2013