ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Permanent Resident Card Granted in one month and a half!!

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

romairap
Newly Registered

Permanent Resident Card Granted in one month and a half!!

Post by romairap » Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:38 am

Hello:

I would like to thank anybody who contributed in all topics about EE2 Application. I followed Osiris case, I sent my documents to as for EEA1 at the same time that my spouse application EEA2 in May 24th

I don't know the reason this is happening but today 18th I've got all our documentation back as well as my spouse passport with resident card.

I just sent all document they asked and nothing more. I think they receive both application but as a EU national is requesting EEA1 perhaps they do that first and they continue with EEA2 immediately.

As I said, It took only 1 and a half months. I wasn't working, just studying and I showed bank statements demonstrating that I could live here, at least for a while. My husband was working and sent everything Home Office asked.

I would recommend everybody to do the same, perhaps it is faster than sending only EEA2.

Docterror

Post by Docterror » Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:52 am

Em, Congratulations! But there is a slight correction to be made in that if you have used the EEA2, then you have gotten the Residence Card valid for 5 years and not the 'Permanent Residence Card'. However, the moral of the story is much appreciated.
Jabi

yankeegirl

Post by yankeegirl » Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:53 am

Thanks for posting that. I'm due to apply for EEA2 next month and I think I'll have my husband send off the EEA1 application as well. Worth a shot anyways.

osiris

Post by osiris » Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:52 pm

Congratulations on your permit! :D

Its good to see people getting their permits sooner rather than later.
I would assume that if your relationship is geniune, that you have no complications or problems in the past with immigration and have been here legally, that your applications are processed smoothly.

Good luck to all prospective applicants

dsab85

Post by dsab85 » Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:25 am

Glad to hear that it worked out well for you. We sent our EEA1 and EEA2 applications about 2 weeks ago. Hope it will be as quick.

Did you get a confirmation of receipt, and how long did it take? My wife is currently looking for a job but she would like to have the letter to show to the prospective employer as proof of her entitlement to work. some of them seem to doubt her right to work right now.

romairap
Newly Registered

Acknowledgement letter

Post by romairap » Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:57 pm

Hi,

I my case we got a letter about one week and a half after sending applications.

Good luck :D

SunBlue

Post by SunBlue » Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:51 am

I posted my application on 8th January 2007 and I am still waiting the reply! It's a EEA2 application. I have been in the country with a dependent visa of EEA citizen already, and I was applying for extension and it's taking more than 6 months. It's a VERY straightforward application!

I wrote a letter to the Complaints Unit and they wrote me back saying that they aim to give an answer to to my complaint in 4 weeks time.

Anywhere else where I can complain too? I was thinking the Solvit. Or is it better to wait the answer from the complaints unit? But waiting is what I have been doing for nearly 7 months now!

dsab85

Post by dsab85 » Mon Jul 23, 2007 9:14 am

We got our confirmations on friday. So all is fine. Now the wife can go job hunting. :D

SunBlue

Post by SunBlue » Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:22 pm

After I complained to Home Office they processed my application. I sent a pre-paid special delivery envelope and today it should arrive.
It didn't arrive and the homepage from Royal Mail shows that the item has been delivered!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does anyone know what can I do now?

Tomorrow morning I will go to the royal mail distribution centre. I went there today and they told me to go back tomorrow.

No card was left for me, nothing!!!

And no one in the building picked up for me! Do you guys think it's common to get stolen the special delivery package? I mean, it's clearly only papers (ie: no ipods, eletronics, etc).

When I called Royal Mail the people there was insisting I received. It was my words agains theirs. So they asked me to wait 3 working days to see the signature in the homepage.

It sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Docterror

Post by Docterror » Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:02 pm

Glauco, anything further to report?
Jabi

limey

Post by limey » Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:32 pm

Glauco: Special delivery should be signed for by the recipient!

see here...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Mail ... l_Delivery

Royal Mail Special Delivery
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
This article has been tagged since November 2006.
Royal Mail Special Delivery is a service from Royal Mail that insures goods between the value of £500 and £2,500. Your item will reach its destination by 1pm or 9:00 am next day for an increased cost. In the event that the item does not arrive on time there is a money back guarantee. There are specific areas of the UK where later guarantees apply - these can be seen on the Royal Mail website. Quality of service for Special Delivery is very high - at around 99%, and has been consistenly on or about this level for a number of years. It's used by a number of major businesses, as well as consumers and smaller businesses, and can be purchased through a postage account, a postage meter, or from PO Ltd outlets. On receiving the item the recipitent must sign for the item. If the recipitent is not in then a P739 'While you were out' card - should be left by the postman.

SunBlue

Post by SunBlue » Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:13 pm

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all the help.

To summary everything:

08/01/07 - Sent my EEA2 application. Partner already has residence permit (EEA1).
09/07/07 - After 6 months and 1 day - I wrote a letter to the complaints unit (yes, Complaints Unit, and not to the European Directorate). In the complaint I advised them that they are in breach of the EU law regarding the 6 month's processing time delay
13/07/07 - Received a letter from the Complaints Unit department telling my query would be passed to the department who deals with it and I should hear back up 4 weeks.
20/07/07 - Received a letter from the European department telling that they are sorry for taking longer than 6 months according to the EU rules, but they are very busy, etc etc, and that they were dealing with my application that "very moment" - they wrote like this
23/07/07 Home Office sent my residence card. (According to the letter, it was processed on 19/07/07, same day than the letter they wrote to me). Processed on 19/07 but sent out on 23/07.

So now I GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-) Valid for 5 years. A neighbour that I had never seem before picked up for me!

Curious: I called Home Office yesterday and they said that my application is "UNDER CONSIDERATION" - come on, they had even sent my documents to me!!!!!!!!!!

Today, after getting my passport in my hands I called them just to check, to test and they say that my application is under consideration! So crazy and unhelpful them!!

I just knew I was going to receive the package because of the special delivery pack I sent to them with my application.

I moved address during the processing time and gave them a new pre-paid special delivery pack with new address on it.
They used the OLD one with a sticker on it to amend the address and the NEW one they included inside the envelope. Why didn't they use the new envelope I provided???

That's it now. Next step will be permanent residence then!

Thanks for all the help and support,
Glauco

Rozen
Diamond Member

Post by Rozen » Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:20 pm

CONGRATULATIONS!

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:34 pm

Glauco wrote:

Curious: I called Home Office yesterday and they said that my application is "UNDER CONSIDERATION" - come on, they had even sent my documents to me!!!!!!!!!!

That is hilarious!

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

Docterror

Post by Docterror » Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:36 pm

Glauco, congratulations!
Jabi

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:18 pm

dsab85 wrote:Glad to hear that it worked out well for you. We sent our EEA1 and EEA2 applications about 2 weeks ago. Hope it will be as quick.

Did you get a confirmation of receipt, and how long did it take? My wife is currently looking for a job but she would like to have the letter to show to the prospective employer as proof of her entitlement to work. some of them seem to doubt her right to work right now.
Your wife should apply for a National Insurance number. Having that can help to prove you are allowed to work, and you need it once you start. Plus it takes about 4 weeks to get.

Welcome to the UK!

dsab85

Post by dsab85 » Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:42 am

Yes, we are just in the process of doing that. We applied last week, and she was called yesterday to come in for an interview today.

Will she get the number on the spot and only the card arrives in 4 weeks or will it take 4 weeks to get the number itself?

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:49 am

They give you a confirmation letter then. Then post you the number. And then post you the card.

bucktooth
Newly Registered

NEED URGENT INFORMATION

Post by bucktooth » Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:19 pm

Hi there.
I have few questions.My husband is SA and I am EU citizen.We have sent EEA2 application and now just waiting.
The think is that my husband is not allowed to work anymore and I would like to know if he will only be allowed after he'll get the card.Because that can take up to 6 months.We are doing this application via Global visa agency but that woman doesnt really seems to know much about that.
I red in your topics that you received a confirmation letters or something like that?I
So the main question is If my husband has to wait for the card and only after that he is allowed to work.
thanx

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Re: NEED URGENT INFORMATION

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:29 pm

bucktooth wrote:Hi there.
I have few questions.My husband is SA and I am EU citizen.We have sent EEA2 application and now just waiting.
The think is that my husband is not allowed to work anymore and I would like to know if he will only be allowed after he'll get the card.Because that can take up to 6 months.We are doing this application via Global visa agency but that woman doesnt really seems to know much about that.
Your husband is married to you, an EU citizen. If he entered the UK on a EEA family permit, then he was allowed to work from the day he entered the UK. Your application for a Residence Card is useful to prove his ongoing right to work, but he does not need to wait for it.

Can I ask how much you paid the visa agency for your EEA2 application? It is pretty bad if they were not able to explain to you whether or not he can work.

bucktooth
Newly Registered

Post by bucktooth » Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:49 pm

We paid 305 Pounds.
The think is that he was here on working holiday visa, when we met, which allows him to stay for 24 months but only work for 12 months which he already did.
I just need to know how long does it take to get that confirmation letter and if he will be allowed to work after that.

dsab85

Post by dsab85 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:05 am

We received the confirmation two weeks after we sent in our EEA1 and EEA2 applications. That was about a week ago.

If you applied together with your husband (via EEA1) then the process will appearently only take 6 to 8 weeks, btw.

bucktooth
Newly Registered

Post by bucktooth » Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:27 am

THANKS
WHAT DOES THAT CONFIRMATION LETTER SAYS?DOES IT ALLOW YOU TO WORK?WE ARE ONLY APPLYING FOR EEA2 CARD.

dsab85

Post by dsab85 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:06 am

Yes, it states that you are allowed to work, confirms that your passport is with them, asks you not to disturb them while they are processing your application :lol: and give you a hotline number that can be called by any employers if they need any verification on your status.