ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TRICKY ONE!

Australia: Points Calculator | Skilled Immigration
New Zealand: Points Calculator | work visas

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

beninspain
Newly Registered

TRICKY ONE!

Post by beninspain » Thu May 29, 2014 3:29 pm

Hi there,

I need some advice.

I am an Australian citizen but a resident of Spain/EU. I am a resident on a type of retirement visa called a non lucrative visa which means I can live but not work in Spain and EU.

I want to know for how long I can stay in the UK, my girlfriend lives there and I would like to live there for 2 years but it is very difficult to find information or talk to UK immigration to get info.

Does being a resident automatically mean I can stay in the UK.

Any idea who I can talk to to get information?

Thank you in advance.

Ben

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Re: TRICKY ONE!

Post by Lucapooka » Fri May 30, 2014 11:00 am

As a visitor you can stay for up to six months. Your EU residence status allows you to live in most of the EU this does not extend to the UK.

http://ec.europa.eu/immigration/tab1.do?subSec=30

"This information applies in 24 of the 27 EU countries, excluding Denmark, Ireland and the United Kingdom."

beninspain
Newly Registered

Re: TRICKY ONE!

Post by beninspain » Sat May 31, 2014 11:06 pm

Hi Lucapooka,

Thanks for the reply, it is good to get some sort of indication as to what the actual situation is. Trying to communicate with the Uk immigration is almost impossible.

If I can stay for up to 6 months in the UK what does this actually mean, if I leave for example and then return to the UK does my 6 months restart or is it 6 months out of a 12 month period for example?

I will be coming and going regularly between the UK and Spain but wonder if there is any limitations or restrictions?

I appreciate your help.

Ben