ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR dependant visa refused decison overturned on reappeal

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sandeep_m
Newly Registered

ILR dependant visa refused decison overturned on reappeal

Post by sandeep_m » Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:23 pm

Hi
My wife's ILR dependant visa got refused initially but decision got overturned on reappeal after 6 months. The immigration officer today sent an email with letter stating the visa is now granted but we need to send passport with TB certificate to Chennai office,India via VFS global for visa stamping in 3 months.
But my wife came to UK on visitor visa after refusal as we thought re-appeal would take ages. We are currently in UK. Can you pls suggest if the stamping can be done in UK itself? Any helpline i can contact..

Thanks

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: ILR dependant visa refused decison overturned on reappea

Post by Wanderer » Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:28 pm

You can't switch in-country from visit visa anyway so only option is to leave, take test, get visa, and re-enter.....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

sandeep_m
Newly Registered

Post by sandeep_m » Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:38 pm

thanks for the reply. Is it not possible to send passport by post to Chennai office. its because of their mistake in the first place the visa got refused and they accept it by overturning it? We had to spend on reappeal and visitor visa fee apart from the dependant visa fee.. around £400 extra. would they refund?

85 East

Post by 85 East » Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:18 pm

The issue will be that you won't have the exit stamp/record from the visitors' visa, nor the entry stamp/record from the ILR on record, which will create problems.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:27 pm

Consider also the chance that the ECO might consider entering on a visit visa soon after a refusal might be considered as circumventing the immigration rules.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

abhisheksingh4442002
Newly Registered

Post by abhisheksingh4442002 » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:06 am

Hi,

Can you please let me know if you were on critical skills and your wife applied accordingly?

Am facing the same issue where my wife was rejected visa and am on critical skills work permit so I appealed but its been 5 weeks now and no response yet on the appeal from the New Delhi office.

Can you please let me know if your appeal was a normal join family appeal or of anyother kind?

Many thanks,
Avishek