ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

visa refused in two week need help for admin review overseas

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

passion5

visa refused in two week need help for admin review overseas

Post by passion5 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:19 am

Dear ALL,

My wife applied Tier 1 Entp £2000,000. outside UK and got refused in 2 weeks. She had an interview and ceo did many stupid questions. The case officer asked about the expected profit which she told after three year could be £8000,000 in a garments boutique. He refused on the ground that he is unclear how she could earn a profit of £8000,000. Relating to the the profit he also quoted that the applicant did not show any relevant research about the income of other boutiques.

Now the point is that she did not submit any business plan. He asked about the business plan and she replied that`s in her laptop. Further he asked about the risk involved in the business which she replied no risk only i know is to compete with the competitors.

Finally he asked about the £2000,000. source which she told him that it came from father, father in law and uncle and he further asked from where they got this money from and she replied that they are well stable people. He refused on this ground as well that she failed to answer the origin of money and therefore the money would not be available genuinely for the business and so zero for all the attributes.

He refused on the same day of interview and did not demand any further evidence about the source of money and business plan.
Now my question is how could he refuse without looking in to the projected balance sheet and full financial plan made by the accountant. Plus we fulfilled all the requisites of the t1 mentioned in the guidance. He should ask and wait for the business plan and source. Although money was available in her personal bank account and remained available beyond the date of application. Please advice if it is a strong case for Administrative review or what? We cant go for appeal as it is outside UK. Does ADMIN REVIEW makes any changes in such cases of its a waste of time. Or do we have any right to get right to appeal from judicial review. I don't know plz help and advice as much as u can ,,plz

remoteali3030
Newly Registered

Re: visa refused in two week need help for admin review over

Post by remoteali3030 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:51 am

Sorry to hear about

Let me be honest with you. £800,0000 profit means more or less 270,0000 in a year that by no means can be earned by start up businesses by investing only £200,000. Everything should be factual. if you expect to earn that much money you should be able to demonstrate Sales/profit/margin slab based on facts and figures. It is only your wife who know HOW?, this can be earned in one year after paying Tax, NI, Payroll, Payroll taxes Utilities and other expenses. And second thing, if you profit is in millions then whats about turn over. how much sales do you expect in one year.

Try to put more efforts in sorting the figures out. Please do not take me wrong but the profit figure is really very high and explaining how to achieve it is near to impossible based on the investment of £200,000.

Feeling sorry to say, but ECO has the strong refusal ground so i cannot see much chances of winning this case in Admin review.

Wish you very best of Luck

passion5

Post by passion5 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:08 am

Brother its the gross profit of £800,000 and it was stated after three years like in year four . You have under stood £8000,0000. Thanks for the reply. Apparently it is a big figure of £800,000. That is only the gross profit, yes after tax and expenses this would defiantly go down. The question is that he did not see the financial plan which covers the items price and average sale. The low cost manufacturing and high price items can take u up in the sale. My point is that if they just read our business plan and products description then it makes sense that the items are really very costly and could make a heavy sale for instance bridal dresses and hand made stuff.

Lastly, we only want to make the point clear that the financial plan was not seen and this should be done now. And how about the source of money?

Thanks again for replying and please advice further, highly appreciated

razi1234
- thin ice -

Post by razi1234 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:23 pm

passion5 wrote:Dear ALL,

My wife applied Tier 1 Entp £2000,000. outside UK and got refused in 2 weeks. She had an interview and ceo did many stupid questions. The case officer asked about the expected profit which she told after three year could be £8000,000 in a garments boutique. He refused on the ground that he is unclear how she could earn a profit of £8000,000. Relating to the the profit he also quoted that the applicant did not show any relevant research about the income of other boutiques.

Now the point is that she did not submit any business plan. He asked about the business plan and she replied that`s in her laptop. Further he asked about the risk involved in the business which she replied no risk only i know is to compete with the competitors.

Finally he asked about the £2000,000. source which she told him that it came from father, father in law and uncle and he further asked from where they got this money from and she replied that they are well stable people. He refused on this ground as well that she failed to answer the origin of money and therefore the money would not be available genuinely for the business and so zero for all the attributes.

He refused on the same day of interview and did not demand any further evidence about the source of money and business plan.
Now my question is how could he refuse without looking in to the projected balance sheet and full financial plan made by the accountant. Plus we fulfilled all the requisites of the t1 mentioned in the guidance. He should ask and wait for the business plan and source. Although money was available in her personal bank account and remained available beyond the date of application. Please advice if it is a strong case for Administrative review or what? We cant go for appeal as it is outside UK. Does ADMIN REVIEW makes any changes in such cases of its a waste of time. Or do we have any right to get right to appeal from judicial review. I don't know plz help and advice as much as u can ,,plz
hi brov
from which country ur wife has applied?
and the interview letter they sent to come for interview ,does the reference number on that interview letter starts from word 'GRY' ?
RAZI

passion5

Post by passion5 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:38 pm

In India my friend

remoteali3030
Newly Registered

Post by remoteali3030 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:55 am

hi'

My first answer was according to the figure you mentioned in the first post that is £8000,000 (80 Millions)

We all have to keep the fact in mind that ECO's are not accountants so apart form a bit knowledge of basic calculations they do not understand finanationals of a business plan and they never bother it. They just need to know about Turn over, Gross Profit, Net Profit, Payroll, PAyroll Taxes, Tax Deductions, Output Tax, Input Tax etc. these are the basics which all start up businesses have to look into before figuring out sales/profit/margin slab. Just telling them about the profit figure does not solve the mystery. you have to demonstrate how you got this figure. Expected number of items to be sold, expected profit etc.

ECO's are trained in rejecting the visas. when you do not explain them the figures, they can refuse the application on the grounds of lack of knowledge. Please NOTE, they do not bother ot ask about how the figure have been achieved. It is our responsibilty to explain it. For Example when they ask about turn over, do not simply tell them the amount , rather explain it by telling them the number of item soled, cost, profit etc. This is the best way to let them know that you have the strong knowledge about how to run this business.

Second thing, they are always suspicious about the source of money as they know funds can be arrnaged by paying money in Pakistan and India. So simply telling them we have got it from relatives does not justify the source. You should have some kind of paperwork to justify the reason.

Hope it helps

passion5

Post by passion5 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:20 am

Thanks for the reply,,Do u finally see any weight for AR AND JR in future? We are taking the plea of UN seen business plan and self assumption as we are very confident to show the profit of £8000,000 after three years like in year four. In one stage of interview ECO stated that he is not interested in what we are selling when my wife tried to explain the products. Can we share this in AR, but hope fully this wouldn't be mentioned in interview record, that`s the part of off record.

how do u see that? the chances and luck?

usemobile

Post by usemobile » Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:06 am

Hello

Similar Refusal here,...

But its refused on basis that, "How ever I am not satisfised that those funds are genuinely avaliable to you for your exclusive use"

I have applied for Tier1 Entreprenuer visa to brothers in India and funds 200k held in UK bank account where i am provided bank statement/bank letter and third party/legal representative letter from UK solicitors that i am willing to give funds to them for their business.

What else they ECO wants to check...

Next regarding the business plans, They are planning to start Papa Johns pizza franchise in the UK and provided business plan,fore cast and ECO called for an interview and asked 70 questions atleast 1 hour interview. In that interview some questions like whats the turnover my brothers 10k a week and ECO put into trouble that your expecting more turnover but this information is provided by Franchise company and their projected figures....still its refused.

I am planning to go for Administrative Review ? can you help any one whose faced this situation or shall i go for straight for Judicial Review ?

How far AR is fair decisions.

Look forward to soon

RK

chweee
Newly Registered

Post by chweee » Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:13 pm

Hi,
I will suggest, don't go for administrative review and they are going to refuse again.
Its better to do a proper business plan and marketing research to show them your genuine.

usemobile

Post by usemobile » Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:13 pm

Thanks...

You mean, shall i a make fresh application.

Can chance of JR review

RK

chweee
Newly Registered

Post by chweee » Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:24 pm

Hi,

Try making a new application.
1. Business plan should be made genuine( please don't copy from internet).
2. Marketing research and information about competitors
3. What will you do if business is not doing good.
4 Previous business experience.
5. Maintenance
6. Business forecast (Please use a proper accountant) Do not assume you going to make a profit of£ 600,000 in three years.
You are investing £200,000 and expecting £800,000, its very hard to make it happen. Border agency will not believe that you could make such a big profit in three years.
7. Contingency plan.

Send me your email ID we will discuss about this to make it happen, do not rush for AR as there is several ways to prove your ground. Once you send me your Email id I will help you in your financial projection.