ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Longterm Residence

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Ringmaster6666
Newly Registered

Longterm Residence

Post by Ringmaster6666 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:21 pm

Heyi Guys im in a dilema in a wrong country and i need any available advice//I hve been working in Ireland for morethan 5yrs on workpermit and my passport endorsements equals 62.The renewal for my sixth workpermit was delayed by my company and the permits dept rejected the application and the whole thing is now subject to appeal.Will this affect my {LTR}residence application which i expect a decision in 4months??Has anyone been in a situation like mine and what was the resolution???Should i contact a solicitor or write to the DoJ about my situation because my current garda card remains expired,but im still at work............

jack_in_the box

Post by jack_in_the box » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:26 pm

I'm really not sure. To be honest I think They only look at the amount of months you had in your passport at the time of application which needs to be more than 60 months - so hopefully yo uwill be okay. i really hope so for your sake. Because once you get the LTR you can work freely anyway so then there's no more problem.

May I ask how you went about applying for your Long Term Visa? I know it can be done & I have been here about 70 Months now, but still not sure where or how to apply.

Can you help?

mktsoi
Member of Standing

Re: Longterm Residence

Post by mktsoi » Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:52 pm

Ringmaster6666 wrote:Heyi Guys im in a dilema in a wrong country and i need any available advice//I hve been working in Ireland for morethan 5yrs on workpermit and my passport endorsements equals 62.The renewal for my sixth workpermit was delayed by my company and the permits dept rejected the application and the whole thing is now subject to appeal.Will this affect my {LTR}residence application which i expect a decision in 4months??Has anyone been in a situation like mine and what was the resolution???Should i contact a solicitor or write to the DoJ about my situation because my current garda card remains expired,but im still at work............
i think you better go to talk to gnib. may be your 6th work permit is in appeal right now. but by law, you have to keep your gnib card and permission to remain in your passport current when you apply for anything( e.g. citizenship or long term residency ). when did your gnib card expired? when did you apply for long term residence.

mendo

Post by mendo » Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:44 pm

Hi Ringmaster6666,

As I said in a previous post, you need 365 days * 5 years = 1825 days for LTR. They are counting the days for the LTR and not the months.
The days should be covered by GNIB stamps in the passport and the stamps should be covered by Work Permits or Working Visas.

Read my previous post:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=16209

If you have enough money to support yourself for another couple of months or if you can find another job (you might try to work whithout a work permit, as long as you have a PPS number and pay taxes I would not worry to much). Don't tell the employer that you don't have a work permit. If they ask, say that you are in the process of receiving the documents and that they should not worry about it.
You can't leave Ireland durring this time, but for another few months maybe is worth staying here.
At the moment it takes at least 12 months, for applications sent in July 2006 as far as I know, but it takes longer and longer every week.

If your visa will expire, you might get away with it, it is not reinforced yet .
When you will get your letter for LTR you will get a warning that you have to keep your status legal here all the time, but it is not your fault that it takes more than a year, at least, for them to process a very simple request.

If Ireland is your only way of working in Western Europe, then stay (you have chances to get the LTR).
I hope you've applied for naturalization before your visa expired.
If you haven't done it, do it as soon as possible, again if your visa hasn't expired yet.
This could be your long term backup plan.

Good luck with the GNIB, but I would not bother, they are useless and very very rude, it will only affect your moral.

Regards,

Mendo
________
New Jersey Marijuana Dispensaries
Last edited by mendo on Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ikoonman
Newly Registered

Re: Longterm Residence

Post by ikoonman » Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:16 pm

Ringmaster6666 wrote:Heyi Guys im in a dilema in a wrong country and i need any available advice//I hve been working in Ireland for morethan 5yrs on workpermit and my passport endorsements equals 62.The renewal for my sixth workpermit was delayed by my company and the permits dept rejected the application and the whole thing is now subject to appeal.Will this affect my {LTR}residence application which i expect a decision in 4months??Has anyone been in a situation like mine and what was the resolution???Should i contact a solicitor or write to the DoJ about my situation because my current garda card remains expired,but im still at work............
I have been in a similiar position. I started a co unbeknownst of needing permission. I spoke at length with the CRO and they said everything would be fine, until I got to the GNIB and the guy came down on me like a ton of bricks.

The best thing I can advise is for you to go talk to an immigration laywer to help you. Not sure abt the forum policy but I can prob not give u their details here. Give me a PM and in the meantime I'll try and look if I can find it. They charged abt 70 euros for the session and was worth it at the end. Today I have my LTR, so for me it really made a difference.
Best of luck

greentea

Post by greentea » Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:39 am

Find below information on migrates rights centre web http://www.mrci.ie/news_events/index.htm. It may be useful for somebody who stuck with the delay of work permit renewal. The content is taken from 'MRCI E-bulletin July-Aug 2007'

''Renewal of Permission to Remain on the basis of valid employment permit
A notice has been posted in the Garda National Immigration Bureau (GNIB) offices at Burgh Quay, Dublin regarding renewal of ‘Work Permit Permission’ for people who do not yet have their new work permit, in certain circumstances: The work permit permission (registration Stamp No. 1) will be renewed for one year without production of the new permit if the person:
§ Has been registered with GNIB for 3 consecutive years
§ Has proof that they or their employer has applied for a renewal
§ Is not changing employer
§ Has a current wage/salary slip and most recent P60
§ Has complied with the conditions of their permission to remain in Ireland
Persons who have been less than 3 years on a ‘work permit permission’ (Stamp 1) and do not yet have their new permit can renew their permission to remain for 3 months. They can choose to renew without being issued a new Registration Certificate at no charge, or with a new certificate for €100. If they opt for a new certificate it will be valid for only 3 months and they will be charged a further €100 when their work permit is renewed. ''