ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement for spouse (out of country)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

betterlatethannever

Settlement for spouse (out of country)

Post by betterlatethannever » Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:06 am

My wife was in UK on Tier 1 general dependent visa from 03/12/09 to 18/08/13 (3 y 8 m). After that she went to India for pregnancy and had twins. Now the plan is the get her and twins back to UK.
Scenario 1: I will have my ILR soon and if she apply for settlement from India with child on ILR dependent, will she get ILE as we were married for 7+ yr and she was with me in UK for 3+ years (she first came to UK in 12/2009). or will she will get spouse visa for 2.5 years? Is there any clause?
Scenario 2: If she apply for Tier 1 dependent with child before I apply for ILR, can she (and child) apply for ILR with me?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Re: Settlement for spouse (out of country)

Post by Lucapooka » Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:12 pm

S1. She would be granted a 2.5 year spouse visa which would have to be renewed for a further 2.5
S2. She would be granted leave in line with the expiry of your current leave and then she could continue to extend that leave until she has completed five years. Her previous leave would not be considered or aggregated into those five years.

betterlatethannever

Post by betterlatethannever » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:02 pm

Thanks for reply. Regarding s2.
What happens after 2.5(initial) + 2.5(extension)? ILR?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Mon Jun 09, 2014 10:37 pm

Yes

betterlatethannever

Post by betterlatethannever » Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:05 am

Ok thanks for reply.