ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Language Test

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nadiii

English Language Test

Post by nadiii » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:59 am

Please can anyone recommend a UKBA approved test centre in or near Wembley UK, reasonably priced £100-£125?

Anyone recently sat a test and got their certificate? Which awarding body and exam did you take, and how much was the fee?

Does anyone know why some certificates expire after 2 years and some do not? does this matter?

Thank you in advance, my wife has been on the phone to countless "colleges" & exam centres but still cannot decide what or where to take an exam. (she is applying for ILR on a spouse visa)
Thank you immigrationboards.com

sudeepss

Re: English Language Test

Post by sudeepss » Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:24 pm

Does she not have a Degree taught in English? if yes then NO new tests are required

nadiii

Post by nadiii » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:48 am

sudeepss wrote:Does she not have a Degree taught in English? if yes then NO new tests are required
No, she defiantly needs to pass an English Language Test, please advise of any West London test centres, which awarding body do you recommend, and what is a reasonable fee for taking the test. Also how long does the certificate take to arrive? We need to apply for ILR in August 2014. Thanks.

sudeepss

Post by sudeepss » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:53 am

I just googled and got this link

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _tests.pdf

http://www.hotcourses.com/uk-courses/B1 ... 4/page.htm

Regarding the time required and validity is concerned should ask the centre itself

go2khurram
Member of Standing

Post by go2khurram » Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:14 am

nadiii wrote:Please can anyone recommend a UKBA approved test centre in or near Wembley UK, reasonably priced £100-£125?

Anyone recently sat a test and got their certificate? Which awarding body and exam did you take, and how much was the fee?

Does anyone know why some certificates expire after 2 years and some do not? does this matter?

Thank you in advance, my wife has been on the phone to countless "colleges" & exam centres but still cannot decide what or where to take an exam. (she is applying for ILR on a spouse visa)

The cheapest and easiest option available in the market cost you £125 for Trinity GESE Grade 5 . This is 10 min verbal discussion and you will get the required certificate . Check this English Exam Center website for more details
*please do not take this as professional advice**

Mainatsayi
Newly Registered

Post by Mainatsayi » Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:31 am

I took my exam last week Saturday with Trinity College, they have a centre in Waterloo and it's was £125 ...tel 0207 815 1578, they are listed on the home office website...Unfortunately had attended my PEO appointment with my A1 certificate and got rejected.

nadiii

Post by nadiii » Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:47 am

sudeepss wrote:I just googled and got this link

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _tests.pdf
Thanks, we have clicked each awarding body link (under contact us), visited their website, searched for ESOL in London, and found a list of local colleges and exam centre, but the problem is when we phone them individually, half of them don't do ESOL, and try and tell you about another course that they say is approved by UKBA.

We did all this before originally posting my question here. It is very confusing. The awarding bodies lists are out of date.

Also on that pdf from the UKBA there is no mention of LRN (Learning Resource Network) which have been recommended to us when we phone and ask about a Cambridge, Trinity or City and Guilds awarding body exam.

So the PDF from the UKBA is out of date too? I see it states 2013 at the top of the PDF, is there a 2014 version? We cant find it. Surely the UKBA should update the list if they have awarded LRN approved status? LRN is not in the 2013 PDF.

Mainatsayi
Newly Registered

Post by Mainatsayi » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:17 pm

http://www.trinitycollege.co.uk definitely do ESOL, please visit the website the have more info ration there.

zwadi

Post by zwadi » Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:59 am

Hello All,

I am on Tier 1 visa main applicant and wife is on Tier 1 as well. We are going for ILR but need some help regarding English Language test for my wife.

Can you please advise me in plain English , which test I need to book for her and from where I can do that.

There are so many tests B1, ESOL 3 and so on hell confuse now.

Please help
zwadi

mrehanashraf

Post by mrehanashraf » Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:29 pm

zwadi wrote:Hello All,

I am on Tier 1 visa main applicant and wife is on Tier 1 as well. We are going for ILR but need some help regarding English Language test for my wife.

Can you please advise me in plain English , which test I need to book for her and from where I can do that.

There are so many tests B1, ESOL 3 and so on hell confuse now.

Please help
ESOL 3 is equivalent to B1.

zwadi

Post by zwadi » Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:32 pm

Thank you.

Can you please confirm if there is any approved centers where I can attempt test?

I found couple of centers that are approved by City and Guilds ... Certificate should be acceptable to Homeoffice ?
zwadi

mrehanashraf

Post by mrehanashraf » Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:36 pm

zwadi wrote:Thank you.

Can you please confirm if there is any approved centers where I can attempt test?

I found couple of centers that are approved by City and Guilds ... Certificate should be acceptable to Homeoffice ?

http://englishexamcentres.co.uk

Awarding body is Trinity College London UK

zwadi

Post by zwadi » Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:43 pm

I checked it further and there are various awarding body such as Trinity , PET , City and Guildford.

I think it can be done from any of the above associated center. I just called one of the center near my home and lady said it is approved by home office.

Please shed some light if I am wrong.
zwadi