ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query on Knowledge of language / Life In the UK

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

pkris.k

Query on Knowledge of language / Life In the UK

Post by pkris.k » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:14 pm

Hi,

I have a query on filling the form AN. Section 1.22 talks about test number for 'Life In the UK'. Is the 'Life In the Uk' certificate enough or do i need to furnish any other documents like my degree certificate etc. Am a bit confused as this section says Life in the UK AND EITHER, and none of my friends seem to have furnished any thing else other than Life in the uk certificate.

Thanks in advance for your guidance

--Kris

go2khurram
Member of Standing

Re: Query on Knowledge of language / Life In the UK

Post by go2khurram » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:45 pm

pkris.k wrote:Hi,

I have a query on filling the form AN. Section 1.22 talks about test number for 'Life In the UK'. Is the 'Life In the Uk' certificate enough or do i need to furnish any other documents like my degree certificate etc. Am a bit confused as this section says Life in the UK AND EITHER, and none of my friends seem to have furnished any thing else other than Life in the uk certificate.

Thanks in advance for your guidance

--Kris
Yes 'Life In the Uk' certificate is the only proof you have to provide to prove however you also have to prove B1 CEFR equivalence knowledge of language mentioned in the "AND EITHER" sections unless you are national of a majority English speaking country or want to claim exemption on medical grounds
*please do not take this as professional advice**

pkris.k

Post by pkris.k » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:47 pm

Many thanks go2khurram. A further question, in that case is it enough to give proof of my degree certificate or do I need to get any certificate from NARIC ? I am from India where majority of the medium of teaching is English.

go2khurram
Member of Standing

Post by go2khurram » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:54 pm

pkris.k wrote:Many thanks go2khurram. A further question, in that case is it enough to give proof of my degree certificate or do I need to get any certificate from NARIC ? I am from India where majority of the medium of teaching is English.
If the Point Based Calculator as a Tier 1 (General) migrant, rewards you at least 20 points in the Qualification section and 10 additional points in the English Skills section then in that case you only have to provide the original certificate and print out of Point Based calculator.

But if calculator gives you 20 or more points for qualification and 0 points in English Skills section in that case you need to get the UK NARIC’s English Language Assessment

pkris.k

Post by pkris.k » Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:07 pm

Thank you. I checked with points calculator..its awarding me 0 points for the qualifications but 10 points for the english skill. Am I doing something wrong :(

go2khurram
Member of Standing

Post by go2khurram » Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:13 pm

pkris.k wrote:Thank you. I checked with points calculator..its awarding me 0 points for the qualifications but 10 points for the english skill. Am I doing something wrong :(

weird .. normally its otherway round ... what qualification you have if you don't mind to share? and what type of visa you had prior to ILR?

pkris.k

Post by pkris.k » Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:15 pm

I have a B.Tech (Bachelor of Technology) certificate in Electronics Engineering which i acquired in 2000. I had a work permit before i took ILR

--Kris

go2khurram
Member of Standing

Post by go2khurram » Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:25 pm

pkris.k wrote:I have a B.Tech (Bachelor of Technology) certificate in Electronics Engineering which i acquired in 2000. I had a work permit before i took ILR

--Kris
Might be you doing something wrong ... it should gives you 30 points for your qualification and 10 points for english skill ... unless [points varies from state to state and institute to institute as i tried using Kerala state and Kerala university ... worth try it again

pkris.k

Post by pkris.k » Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:46 pm

truly weird.. I might have been doing something wrong. I am getting 30 points now :) thank you for your help
--Kris

go2khurram
Member of Standing

Post by go2khurram » Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:08 pm

pkris.k wrote:truly weird.. I might have been doing something wrong. I am getting 30 points now :) thank you for your help
--Kris
You are welcome.