ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

April 2014 - Naturalisation Application Timeline

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

techie78

Re: April 2014 - Naturalisation Application Timeline

Post by techie78 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:12 pm

little_brain wrote:
techie78 wrote:Could not resist the temptation to call HO.. :).. Called yesterday, connected immediately.. and was promptly informed that they are implementing a new software and they are not in a position to give out updates immediately.. They took my details and somebody from service desk called me today and informed me that the my application is under consideration.. not sure if it is updated information.. but at least an update:)

PS: I applied on the 29th April 2014

That is what I got the other day when I called them, minus the "new software" news. The call center agent can only tell what they see on the screen, its the lazy case workers who don't update the status of a particular application. I applied on the 4th of April.

Update: I just received approval letter from HO.. Strange.. I resisted calling HO all this while.. and the day I get an update, I also receive the approval letter.. I also got the ceremony invite letter from my council .. My timeline

Eligibility criteria: 5 years Work Permit+ 1 year ILR
Nationality: Indian
Language criteria met: Life in the UK test + UK Degree
Method of application: NCS Wokingham
Date of application: 29/04/2014
Payment method: Credit card
Date of receipt by UKBA: 30/04/2014
Date of acknowledgement: 12/05/2014
New payment details received by UKBA: NA
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 08/05/2014
Date approval received: 11/06/2014 ( dated 03/06/2014)
Date of ceremony: 09/07/2014

I seem to have missed this month's ceremony by couple of days..

All the best to others waiting.., and Thanks for the updates.

go2khurram
Member of Standing

Post by go2khurram » Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:43 pm

techie78 wrote:
little_brain wrote:
techie78 wrote:Could not resist the temptation to call HO.. :).. Called yesterday, connected immediately.. and was promptly informed that they are implementing a new software and they are not in a position to give out updates immediately.. They took my details and somebody from service desk called me today and informed me that the my application is under consideration.. not sure if it is updated information.. but at least an update:)

PS: I applied on the 29th April 2014

That is what I got the other day when I called them, minus the "new software" news. The call center agent can only tell what they see on the screen, its the lazy case workers who don't update the status of a particular application. I applied on the 4th of April.

Update: I just received approval letter from HO.. Strange.. I resisted calling HO all this while.. and the day I get an update, I also receive the approval letter.. I also got the ceremony invite letter from my council .. My timeline

Eligibility criteria: 5 years Work Permit+ 1 year ILR
Nationality: Indian
Language criteria met: Life in the UK test + UK Degree
Method of application: NCS Wokingham
Date of application: 29/04/2014
Payment method: Credit card
Date of receipt by UKBA: 30/04/2014
Date of acknowledgement: 12/05/2014
New payment details received by UKBA: NA
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 08/05/2014
Date approval received: 11/06/2014 ( dated 03/06/2014)
Date of ceremony: 09/07/2014

I seem to have missed this month's ceremony by couple of days..

All the best to others waiting.., and Thanks for the updates.
Many Congratulations .... If you are not keen to wait for a month book a private ceremony.. its only £119 odd :wink:
*please do not take this as professional advice**

handytom30
Newly Registered

Post by handytom30 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:25 pm

update....

Language criteria met (ESOL ENTRY 3-B1 test): Life in the UK
Current nationality: ----
Method of application: NCS
Council name if NCS used: Worcester
Date of application: 9/4/2014
Payment method CC/DC, Personal cheque,
Date of receipt by UKBA: 10/4/2014
Date of aknowlegment: 28/4/2014 dated 23/4/2014
Date of debit or clearance of fees: deducted on 6/5/14
Date approval received:11/06/2014 dated 03/06/2014
Date of ceremony:27/6/2014

Finally got the approval!
Good luck everyone from april with their applications
Thanks for this forum

little_brain

Post by little_brain » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:52 am

I was so calm when i sent my naturalization application but today's passport office news has blown my lid off :evil: . I travel a lot for my job and at every "road works" where there is a ridiculous 50mph average speed camera, I see workmen sitting down, having coffee or one man digging and 3 watching him do it. It feels like the HO works the same way. All day long they fly paper planes and and at exactly 4 o clock do minimal amount of work so they don't get that "skiver's guilt" when they get back home. I applied on 2nd of April and also put a self addressed special delivery envelope in to avoid that "cheap" mailing service used by HO. Straight forward case with absolutely no kinks whatsoever, but no, more than 2 months later, I have got nothing and now this blooming passport backlog news :!: I bet now they will shift people from visa application side to passport side to try and process passport applications quicker. Why doesn't Mrs. May change her last name to "Maybe Maybe not"? It would suit her better :?: I feel like kicking walls now and pulling all my hair out together,,,,, is there a scream button on the forum so I can actually attach my screams for the benefit of the HO :x

Congratulations to all the fellows who have got their approvals 8) , I hope we get the approvals soon too...

Forum admin, plz hit me with a frying pan on my head to calm me down if have gone against the forum rules....

bkarthikisc

Post by bkarthikisc » Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:37 am

A couple of approvals in the first three days of the week so a midweek update to the tracking sheet...We have crossed the 50% approval mark. 51 applications approved out of the total 93
Attachments
Image 2.png
Image 2.png (64.46 KiB) Viewed 1600 times
Image 1.png
Image 1.png (66.26 KiB) Viewed 1600 times

runie80
Member of Standing

Post by runie80 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:07 am

little_brain wrote:I was so calm when i sent my naturalization application but today's passport office news has blown my lid off :evil: . I travel a lot for my job and at every "road works" where there is a ridiculous 50mph average speed camera, I see workmen sitting down, having coffee or one man digging and 3 watching him do it. It feels like the HO works the same way. All day long they fly paper planes and and at exactly 4 o clock do minimal amount of work so they don't get that "skiver's guilt" when they get back home. I applied on 2nd of April and also put a self addressed special delivery envelope in to avoid that "cheap" mailing service used by HO. Straight forward case with absolutely no kinks whatsoever, but no, more than 2 months later, I have got nothing and now this blooming passport backlog news :!: I bet now they will shift people from visa application side to passport side to try and process passport applications quicker. Why doesn't Mrs. May change her last name to "Maybe Maybe not"? It would suit her better :?: I feel like kicking walls now and pulling all my hair out together,,,,, is there a scream button on the forum so I can actually attach my screams for the benefit of the HO :x

Congratulations to all the fellows who have got their approvals 8) , I hope we get the approvals soon too...

Forum admin, plz hit me with a frying pan on my head to calm me down if have gone against the forum rules....
I feel your pain. In the same boat as you. there is not much one can do when you are at the mercy of the waves.
Unfortunately in this situation we have to just "suck it up". All i can say to you is thats you are not alone & at least you have a job unfortunately i cannot even get a job because all jobs want to see my "visa" and i just have to wait until someone decides my fate at home office. having all the "qualifications" & "skills" are worth "0" I am unable to contribute to society & my family. its not a great feeling.

also some new info

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-27806441

:roll: :roll: :roll:
In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

sancsan

Post by sancsan » Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:08 am

Update:

Eligibility criteria: 3 years Tier 2 + 2 years Tier 1 + 1 year ILR
Language criteria met : NARIC + LIUK + PBS Calculation Sheet
Council name if NCS used: Croydon
Date of application: 10/04/2014
Payment method CC/DC, Personal cheque, Bankers cheque etc: Debit Card
Date of receipt by UKBA: 15/04/2014
Date of acknowledgement: Received 24/04/2014
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 22/04/2014
Date approval received: 12/06/2014 (Dated:05/06/2014)
Date of ceremony:02/07/2014

Good Luck everyone!!!

skilled_migrant

Post by skilled_migrant » Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:45 am

bkarthikisc wrote:A couple of approvals in the first three days of the week so a midweek update to the tracking sheet...We have crossed the 50% approval mark. 51 applications approved out of the total 93
Very nice work bkarthikisc. I know you are doing hard work to sniff the updates from the forum.

It will be nice to have another column in the sheet showing how many days it took for approval from date of application. If it is excel sheet, hope it will not be difficult to calculate date difference.

Thanks.

bkarthikisc

Post by bkarthikisc » Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:53 am

skilled_migrant wrote:
bkarthikisc wrote:A couple of approvals in the first three days of the week so a midweek update to the tracking sheet...We have crossed the 50% approval mark. 51 applications approved out of the total 93
Very nice work bkarthikisc. I know you are doing hard work to sniff the updates from the forum.

It will be nice to have another column in the sheet showing how many days it took for approval from date of application. If it is excel sheet, hope it will not be difficult to calculate date difference.

Thanks.
@skilled_migrant, have added the no of days now
Attachments
Image 2.png
Image 2.png (69.47 KiB) Viewed 1506 times
Image 1.png
Image 1.png (72.67 KiB) Viewed 1506 times

bkarthikisc

Post by bkarthikisc » Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:57 am

bkarthikisc wrote:
skilled_migrant wrote:

Thanks.
@skilled_migrant, have added the no of days now
Average number of days for the approvals is 50 days

skilled_migrant

Post by skilled_migrant » Thu Jun 12, 2014 12:04 pm

bkarthikisc wrote:@skilled_migrant, have added the no of days now

Average number of days for the approvals is 50 days
Excellent ! Thank you bkarthikisc, you are star! :wink:

srirags

Post by srirags » Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:12 pm

Got my invitation letter from Home Office today and my update as below.

Eligibility criteria: 2 Years HSMP + 3 years Tier 1 + 1 year ILR
Language criteria met : NARIC + LIUK + PBS Calculation Sheet
Date of application: 23/04/2014
Date of receipt by UKBA: 24/04/2014
Date of acknowledgement: Received 30/04/2014
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 01/05/2014
Date approval received: 12/06/2014 (Dated:05/06/2014)
Date of ceremony: 18/06/2014

sangram
Newly Registered

Post by sangram » Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:27 pm

Congrats Sarirags
Do you know any telephone number of home office,I can call.
I have applied naturalization since 4th of April 2014 but have not got any approval.
Thanks

go2khurram
Member of Standing

Post by go2khurram » Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:37 pm

sangram wrote:Congrats Sarirags
Do you know any telephone number of home office,I can call.
I have applied naturalization since 4th of April 2014 but have not got any approval.
Thanks
Try 03001232253
*please do not take this as professional advice**

Sunface
Newly Registered

Post by Sunface » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:00 pm

"Sunface" Bkarthikisc please can you update the spread sheet my application was approved on 09-06-14

bkarthikisc

Post by bkarthikisc » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:28 pm

Sunface wrote:
"Sunface" Bkarthikisc please can you update the spread sheet my application was approved on 09-06-14
Congrats sunface. Sheet updated

adkh2_1

Post by adkh2_1 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:16 pm

Hi Guys,

A bit of update, i called HO regarding my application (applied on 29-APR), the lady on the phone said a letter has been
posted to my address today, but she couldn't tell, if its a approval letter or they need some more info regarding my application..

i mean is it normal ??
Patience and Gratitude are best tools to have in life....

baburo123
Newly Registered

Post by baburo123 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:30 pm

baburo123 wrote:Current nationality:India
Method of application:NCS
Council name if NCS used:Bracknell
Date of application:25-04-2014 (Friday)
Payment method CC/DC, Personal cheque, Bankers cheque etc:Debit card
Date of receipt by UKBA:28/04/2014
Date of aknowlegment:08-05-2014( dated 06-05-2014)
Date of debit or clearance of fees:
Date approval received:waiting
Date of ceremony:waiting

Sent them email and received the reply today saying decision has been made and you letter will soon sent out to you. It also mentioned in the email saying that they don't have liberty to disclose the outcome of the application.

Called Home office today, they said your application has been approved on 5th of June and the letter has been printed by case worker, they don't know why it hasn't been arrived yet? they don't have dates on which it was sent. Good Luck to all of you who are waiting to hear some good news.

Very helpful forum..

runie80
Member of Standing

Post by runie80 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:32 pm

[quote="runie80"]Eligibility criteria: EEA route . 5 +1 Years
English Language Criteria: Completed life in the UK + English test
Current nationality: Pakistani
Method of application: NCS Poole
Date of application: 02/04/2014
Payment method CC/DC, Personal cheque, Bankers cheque etc: CC
Date of receipt by UKBA: 03/04/2014
Date of aknowlegment: 15/04/2014
Date of debit or clearance of fees: Awaiting
Date approval received: 13/06/2014 dated 6/6/2014
Date of ceremony:11 July

Finally the wait is over.
I am the living proof that you don't need to apply EEA4 . went straight from EEA2 to British Naturalization and success.
my wife is still EU citizen and didn't apply even EEA 3 . we only applied EEA 1 & EEA 2 .

and done believe people at NCS (she told me she spoke to case worker and my application will be rejected and if i want to take chance its not her responsibility I held my self together and sent the application all i had was info from this forum)

No words can say how much i appreciate the work people do to help each other. plenty of people here who helped me. Jambo you are a star many many prayers for you may the almighty bring u lots of happiness. Thanks to everyone for their help . and those who are waiting i hope u get your letters soon. (i know staying "be patient" is easy when you have your own letter on your hand. )

See you all in passport que (will have the best sleep since i sent the application ) all family is feeling great !
In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

little_brain

Post by little_brain » Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:52 am

little_brain wrote:
little_brain wrote:
little_brain wrote:Eligibility criteria: 7 Years Legal Residence + 2 years & 9 months ILR
Language criteria met (UK degree, exempt countries, PBS used documents, NARIC, or B1 test): IELTS 8.0 (Expired)
Current nationality: Pakistani
Method of application: RoyalMail (Special Delivery + Self addressed envelope)
Council name if NCS used: N/A
Date of application: 02/04/2014
Date of receipt by UKBA:04/04/2014
Date of aknowlegment: 24/04/2014 (Dated: 16/04/2014)
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 16/4/2014
Date approval received: 14/06/2014 (Dated :12/06/2014)
Date of ceremony: TBC
"Knock Knock!!!
Who's there? :|
Me!
Me who? :?
Special Delivery mate!
Oh :mrgreen: "

You can guess the rest. I believe this is where the journey ends. Thanks to all who have been a great help here, best wishes for the ones still waiting for the special envelope. And as the poster above said, see you in the passport queue.

P.S. it says on the letter that I shouldn't contact the council for ceremony invitation, they will contact me. Is this right or should I just contact them anyway ?

runie80
Member of Standing

Post by runie80 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 6:09 pm

"Knock Knock!!!
Who's there? :|
Me!
Me who? :?
Special Delivery mate!
Oh :mrgreen: "

You can guess the rest. I believe this is where the journey ends. Thanks to all who have been a great help here, best wishes for the ones still waiting for the special envelope. And as the poster above said, see you in the passport queue.

P.S. it says on the letter that I shouldn't contact the council for ceremony invitation, they will contact me. Is this right or should I just contact them anyway ?
you can contact council they will be able to confirm that you are booked onto their system and will confirm the time and date for your ceremony and will tell u thats they will send u a letter with details
I contacted mine and they said i am already booked for ceremony for 9th next month. I asked for private ceremony and the fee was 275£ . I was expecting it to be around 100 but Bournemouth council are posh boys they dont work cheap . will have to wait till 9th but i am not complaining i have waited 2 months everyday for post man to bring a letter (I am expert in my areas postman habits now )

liuzhbob
Newly Registered

Post by liuzhbob » Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:04 pm

My timeline is as follows:

Eligibility criteria: 10 years Long Residence + 1 year ILR
Language criteria met : UK Degree
Date of application: 04/04/2014
Payment method CC/DC, Personal cheque, Bankers cheque etc: Cheque
Date of receipt by UKBA: 08/04/2014
Date of acknowledgement: Received 16/04/2014 letter dated
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 16/04/2014
Date approval received: 23/05/2014 letter dated
Date of ceremony: 24/06/2014

Good luck to all of you!!

adkh2_1

Post by adkh2_1 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:55 am

Hi Guys,

I am a bit confused here, i called HO on friday, they said a letter has been sent to my address, obviously i haven't received it till today, So i called them again this morning, they replied a decision has been made, but we are waiting for case worker to dispatch the letter.

I find it contradicting friday, they said letter has been sent, today they saying letter hasn't been dispatch yet ?

Your thoughts on this ?
Patience and Gratitude are best tools to have in life....

7r0y
Newly Registered

Post by 7r0y » Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:29 pm

It almost feels like both times you have been given their own interpretation of they could see on the screen when they answered your call.
From what you have shared so far, I could learn following:
- that decision has been made, and it is being finalized, and
- that you are just one "posted envelope" step away from discovering your faith.
:)

sjj101
Newly Registered

Post by sjj101 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:29 am

My timeline - sorry a bit late :D

Eligibility criteria: 2 Years HSMP + 3 years Tier 1 + 1 year ILR
Language criteria met : LIUK + IELTS for HSMP (the lady at NCS first said my IELTS certificate is not valid since it's not on her list and that she'll confirm with her colleagues and let me know if it's a problem, never heard back so assumed it was fine)
Date of application: 15/04/2014
Payment method: Credit card (Bank blocked my transaction since it was "suspect", so I had to phone up and make another payment once I realised what had happened)
Date of receipt by UKBA: 17/04/2014
Date of acknowledgement: 29/04/2014
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 01/05/2014
Date approval received: WAITING
Date of ceremony: WAITING

I phoned to get a progress update on Friday (13th of June) and they weren't able to help me, but phoned back Saturday morning to let me know my application is under consideration.