ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

March 2014 - Naturalisation Application Timeline

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Castro32
Newly Registered

Re: March 2014 - Naturalisation Application Timeline

Post by Castro32 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:33 pm

I HAVE SOME GOOD NEWS

Eligibility criteria: Spouse of a British Citizen+ 1 year ILR
Language criteria met: UK masters degree and Life in the UK test certificate
Current nationality: Angolan
Method of application: Post office (Special recorded deliver)
Place: Sheffield
Date of application: 29/03/2014
Payment method: Credit Card
Date of receipt by UKBA: 31/03/2014
Date of acknowledgment:10/04/2014
Date of debit or clearance of fees:10/04/2014
Documents returned on the: 17/05/2014
Date approval received: 04/06/2014 DATED (29-05-2014)
Date of ceremony:TBC

THANKS ALL FOR SHARING YOUR EXPERIENCES……..

rubina20102010
Member of Standing

Post by rubina20102010 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:13 pm

Finally, Got the good news this morning.

Eligibility criteria: 2 years HSMP + 3 years Tier 1 General + 1 year ILR
Language criteria met : IELTS (6.5) band
Current nationality: Pakistani
Method of application: NCS
Council name if NCS used: Croydon
Date of application: 31 March 2014
Payment method: Debit card
Date of receipt by UKBA: 02 April 2014
Date of acknowlegment: 14-April-2014 Received - Dated 09-04-2014
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 09 April 2014
Date approval received: 04-Jun-2014 Dated: 23-May-2014
Date of ceremony:TBC

gaboon_viper

Post by gaboon_viper » Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:23 pm

Congrats guys enjoy, just called them they said wait till 6 months. I am 27 march
One issue in my case. I forgot to mention one address where i lived for 4 months. Will this make any delays or issue in my case? Thx
@sogi.......thanks for your valuable and uplifting input. Finger crossed. Let see what happen. Game still ON. :o . Xx
Last edited by gaboon_viper on Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Always here to help to best of my understanding

sogy

Post by sogy » Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:32 pm

gaboon_viper wrote:Congrats guys enjoy, just called them they said wait till 6 months. I am 27 march
One issue in my case. I forgot to mention one address where i lived for 4 months. Will this make any delays or issue in my case? Thx
Most of them say about 6 months, but some will look you up. Not that the info is up-to-date anyway...

That ommission of yours may delay your case. However, one could expect them to contact you and ask about this address, if they notice it at all.

And don't think you are alone: I appld a week before you, and still in the same situation.

Haidi5

Post by Haidi5 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:17 am

Morning Guys,
Seems every Govt department all over the world are same. After many calls to council finally they have given me the confirmation of certificate. I have been given 26th June for ceremony. Thanks God.
I hope and pray for all waiting. Hopefully it will be soon.

sogy

Post by sogy » Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:14 am

An update on my progress: having applied on 19th of March, i am now with a case worker. As I said before, somtimes calls to the HO yield no real information, sometimes they do. Told yesterday that I have been sent a request for additional documentation, including the PSNI ("Norn-Iron" Police) crminal records consent form (DAT1) and this should reach me within a few days. This form is something unknown to most applicants, and is needed only for those who live (oh have lived, as I did) in "Our Wee Country"), as the police there does not provide criminal records without the person's formal written consent. I have left Northern Ireland for England almost 5 years before applying, but nevertheless. Ready to provide th form as soon as the request reaches me, and rejoycing that the end of the process will be in sight then!

Can anyone tell me: if I send a pre-paid sepecial delivery envelope with the additional docs (for a faster delivery of the decision pack), do I need to write my address on it, ro leave it blank, so they could fill it?

spike_UK

Post by spike_UK » Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:27 am

sogy wrote:An update on my progress: having applied on 19th of March, i am now with a case worker. As I said before, somtimes calls to the HO yield no real information, sometimes they do. Told yesterday that I have been sent a request for additional documentation, including the PSNI ("Norn-Iron" Police) crminal records consent form (DAT1) and this should reach me within a few days. This form is something unknown to most applicants, and is needed only for those who live (oh have lived, as I did) in "Our Wee Country"), as the police there does not provide criminal records without the person's formal written consent. I have left Northern Ireland for England almost 5 years before applying, but nevertheless. Ready to provide th form as soon as the request reaches me, and rejoycing that the end of the process will be in sight then!

Can anyone tell me: if I send a pre-paid sepecial delivery envelope with the additional docs (for a faster delivery of the decision pack), do I need to write my address on it, ro leave it blank, so they could fill it?
Hi Sogy, that is a good news mate ;) that is what happened to me and with in 1 week they received my docs they got me approval, so soon you will be joining us. About the special delivery, yes mate they will inform you to send an envelop with it. I sent my docs with special delivery and included pre-paid envelop with my address on it. Good luck mate and let us know how it went.
Applied for EEA4 on 24/02/2012.
HO received on 27/02/2012.
Refusal received on 16/08/2012 dated 11/08/2012
At the court, the HO REP withdrawn the decision and asked me to send the DOC for the time before marriage.
PR dated 05/03/2013

sogy

Post by sogy » Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:58 pm

I got the letter today (2nd class, 5 days in the mail), downloaded and filled the form, and sent it to the Northern Ireland police. They say they handle these in about 2 weeks' time, so, I guess, I have another month or so to wait. As I had to send the form directly to the police, and not the HO, I could not enclose a first class stamed envelope.

But at least it is moving ahead!

gaboon_viper

Post by gaboon_viper » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:23 am

Any news apart from waiting? :cry:
Always here to help to best of my understanding

Desi_munda
Newly Registered

Post by Desi_munda » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:49 pm

Eligibility criteria: 2 years HSMP + 3 years Tier 1 General + 1.5 year ILR
Language criteria met : UK degree + life in uk (B2 certificate + life in uk for wife)
Method of application: NCS(Joint Application)
Council name if NCS used: Camden
Date of application: 4th March 2014
Date of receipt by UKBA: 5th March 2014
Date of acknowlegment: 14 March 2014 - Dated 07 March 2014
Date of debit or clearance of fees: 07 March 2014
Date approval : still waiting
Date of ceremony: still waiting

Is there anyone else waiting from early March application?

faani

Post by faani » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:28 am

Desi_munda wrote:Eligibility criteria: 2 years HSMP + 3 years Tier 1 General + 1.5 year ILR
Language criteria met : UK degree + life in uk (B2 certificate + life in uk for wife)
Date approval : still waiting
Date of ceremony: still waiting

Is there anyone else waiting from early March application?
Hiya

I am also waiting..........I applied on 10th March via NCS ( HO received on 12th March) Its a joint application

No need to worry.........inshaAllah we will get our approvals soon.

sogy

Post by sogy » Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:27 am

I am also waiting, although from mid-March.

Apparently, they did assign a caseworker for my application in early June, who sent me a letter, requesting consent for a Northern Ireland police check. I have sent that, but the check will take about 2 weeks to complete, upon which, i hope, the review will be finished quickly. I hope, everything else in the application has been reviewed, and there will be no further requests or delays.

I have no grudge, except I don't understand why the NI police check request came so late, when many April applications have already been reviewd and approved?

I also found out that if you are asking the customer service for specific things, rather than for an update, they may do it for you. In my case, I wanted to let the caseworker know that the police check results are unlikely to reach her by the deadline mentioned in her letter. The customer service had a friendly adviser call me back, and he put a note on the case that the police check request had been submitted, but that the results might come in later than expected.

ouflak1

Post by ouflak1 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:21 pm

All done. Now for the passports.

Rehqureshi
Newly Registered

Post by Rehqureshi » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:31 am

Hi guys ,
Can I please help issue I have regarding knowledge of english requirement
I applied for citizenship on 20/3/14 and received letter today case worker asking evidence of knowledge of english requirement saying :

" evidence that you satisfy the knowledge of english and life in the uk requirement. As your application was received at this office on or after 28th October 2013 you must provide both a life in the uk test pass notification and an acceptable english language qualification in order to meet this requirement. Could you please provide either a uk naric letter or point based calculator confirming that your degree meets the english language requirement and british degree standard ."

My question is , it is a uk Master degree and she studied in uk ,on the same master degree Home office point base calculator she had approval on her work permit than why home office want letter from uk naric or point based calculator confirmation ?!

Because degree held in uk but affiliation university was (v.n. Karazin Kharkiv national university )
And that's why case worker asking for statement of comparability from naric ?!
But why case worker put or simply asking for point based calculator confirmation ?! I could not understand what document caseworker needed to satisfy her

Any suggestion guys!!

Reh

Desi_munda
Newly Registered

Post by Desi_munda » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:26 pm

Eligibility criteria: 2 years HSMP + 3 years Tier 1 General + 1.5 year ILR
Date approval : 12th June 2014 Dated 2nd June 2014
Date of ceremony: 18th June 2014

Good Luck to everyone waiting. May almighty Allah keep all of you blessed.

Castro32
Newly Registered

Post by Castro32 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:56 am

I HAVE SOME GOOD NEWS

Eligibility criteria: Spouse of a British Citizen+ 1 year ILR
Language criteria met: UK masters degree and Life in the UK test certificate
Current nationality: Angolan
Method of application: Post office (Special recorded deliver)
Place: Sheffield
Date of application: 29/03/2014
Payment method: Credit Card
Date of receipt by UKBA: 31/03/2014
Date of acknowledgment:10/04/2014
Date of debit or clearance of fees:10/04/2014
Documents returned on the: 17/05/2014
Date approval received: 04/06/2014 DATED (29-05-2014)
Date of ceremony:17/06/2014

THANKS ALL FOR SHARING YOUR EXPERIENCES……..

spike_UK

Post by spike_UK » Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:42 am

Hi guys, I have ceremony on Thursday 19/06 but I have no Idea how long is and what I have to do!!!! :D
Also, what do I need or to do to apply for passport, how does passport process work? Can someone help please. Many thanks.
At the court, the HO REP withdrawn the decision and asked me to send the DOC for the time before marriage.
PR dated 05/03/2013

lamijm

Post by lamijm » Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:02 am

spike_UK wrote:Hi guys, I have ceremony on Thursday 19/06 but I have no Idea how long is and what I have to do!!!! :D
Also, what do I need or to do to apply for passport, how does passport process work? Can someone help please. Many thanks.

All you need to know at the ceremony will be told to you when you get there so no need to learn anything in advance. They will tell you how its gonna go and what to do.

For the passport I would advise you not to do the online application. Go to the post office and get an application form, fill it in amd send it via post office check and send with your naturalisation certificate, 2 photos with one countersigned and your current passport that has not been expired. And that's it.

Be sure to know that there is a massive backlog at the passport office so if you send your passport of just make sure you have no travel plans in the near future as u wont be getting your documemts back any time soon.

spike_UK

Post by spike_UK » Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:26 am

lamijm wrote:
spike_UK wrote:Hi guys, I have ceremony on Thursday 19/06 but I have no Idea how long is and what I have to do!!!! :D

All you need to know at the ceremony will be told to you when you get there so no need to learn anything in advance. They will tell you how its gonna go and what to do.

For the passport I would advise you not to do the online application. Go to the post office and get an application form, fill it in amd send it via post office check and send with your naturalisation certificate, 2 photos with one countersigned and your current passport that has not been expired. And that's it.

Be sure to know that there is a massive backlog at the passport office so if you send your passport of just make sure you have no travel plans in the near future as u wont be getting your documemts back any time soon.
Hi lamijm, thanks for the great response. Couple of things to clarify; How long is the ceremony? How long should I expect for passport process and if I then have to travel can I ask for return of my passport? For passport, do I need any prove of address or prove of work or anything? Many thanks in advance.
PR dated 05/03/2013

lamijm

Post by lamijm » Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:56 am

spike_UK wrote:
lamijm wrote:

Hi lamijm, thanks for the great response. Couple of things to clarify; How long is the ceremony? How long should I expect for passport process and if I then have to travel can I ask for return of my passport? For passport, do I need any prove of address or prove of work or anything? Many thanks in advance.
1. My ceremony itself took about 30-45 mins. but when i got there i had to wait a bit as they still had admin work to do in regards to booking people in.

2. for the wait for the passport service, i'm sure you have seen on the BBC where there were estimating a backlog of 30,000 applications that's just sitting there without even being processed.As you are applying for a first time passport it should take up to six weeks. However, as there is a current backlog i wouldn't expect it back anywhere in that time. I would wait expect 2-3 months. I applied on the 20th of may and still haven't received an interview invitation as yet.

3. I have seen cases where people applied and had a death in their family and still they are finding it hard to get their original passport back in order to go home and attend the funeral. one guy from Australia sister met in a car crash, his passport application is way pass the 6 weeks wait requirement and still he cant get his supporting docs back to travel home to tend to his sister. I would strongly advise that you do NOT !! send your passport and original documents with your application if you will need them some time soon. wait until you have no plans whatsoever before you apply.

4. as said before in my previous answer to your question. the only thing you need is your naturalization certificate, current uncancelled passport, 2 photos with one countersigned and a completed application form. no need for no job letter etc. if you want further clarification, refer to the booklet that is provided within the passport application pack.

spike_UK

Post by spike_UK » Tue Jun 17, 2014 7:57 pm

Thank you very much for all that information.
Regarding Passport application, A teacher is signing back of my picture but does he also have to sign the application anywhere? Thanks you.
PR dated 05/03/2013

sogy

Post by sogy » Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:07 pm

Section 10. Countersignature

spike_UK

Post by spike_UK » Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:28 pm

sogy wrote:Section 10. Countersignature
Thanks Sogy, is section 10 compulsory?!
By the way, what is happening with your case?
PR dated 05/03/2013

sogy

Post by sogy » Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:36 pm

Apparently it is - for a first adult passport. M understanding is that it is signed by the same person, who signs the photo.

My case is still delayed by the UKBA waiting for the criminal check results from the Police Service Northern Ireland. I hope to be through in 3-4 weeks. At least I know there is a case worker, and what is delaying the process. What i don't know is whether the case worker has already gone through everything else, but hope she has.

spike_UK

Post by spike_UK » Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:40 pm

sogy wrote:Apparently it is - for a first adult passport. M understanding is that it is signed by the same person, who signs the photo.

My case is still delayed by the UKBA waiting for the criminal check results from the Police Service Northern Ireland. I hope to be through in 3-4 weeks. At least I know there is a case worker, and what is delaying the process. What i don't know is whether the case worker has already gone through everything else, but hope she has.
I'm sorry to hear that you still waiting but hopefully not long to go.
PR dated 05/03/2013