ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Eligibility to work when ILR under process

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sresree140
Newly Registered

Eligibility to work when ILR under process

Post by sresree140 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:19 am

Hello,

I am about to apply for ILR. I am currently in UK on dependent visa applied before July 2012, my Husband is a UK citizen.

I am undertaking contract job on my dependent visa and may end the current contract soon. Am I eligible to apply for employment when ILR is under process? I have heard that ILR may take as long as 6 months to process. It is difficult to be out of job for such a long time.

Thanks in Advance.
Sresree

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Eligibility to work when ILR under process

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:43 am

You could as Section 3C will be in place but it will be a bit more difficult to prove your right to work.

The best option would be to apply for ILR in person at a PEO.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

legend786

Re: Eligibility to work when ILR under process

Post by legend786 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:04 am

Yeah do it in a same day by booking an premier same day service