ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Not a great passport interview experience - doomed

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ijaz.ahmed

Not a great passport interview experience - doomed

Post by ijaz.ahmed » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:07 am

Stressed!
I believe I've screwed My passport interview this morning!
I think I've been absolutely stupid took this interview so light to attend and did't bother to memorize my addresses beyond 5 years back.

All the standard questions about name,job,credit cards went fine.
BUT
she was keen to find out which addresses I'was living in 2009/10 as there were few brief period addresses which I always confused.She kept asking me and My mind went completely blank.
And
She wasn't convinced why I was living in London(as I do job in central London) and have address still in Bournemouth.(Although I explained her very well and even with my passport application before:I live in London temporarily, my Mrs visa is in process once she will get visa then we'll decide weather we want to live in London/Bournemouth) She was very skeptical about this.

In the end I asked weather I passed she said they need further checks. But I can sense from her response I did not succeed?

I'm very stressed, any idea what will happen now,If I do get failed can I appeal/reapply?

And people don't take it so much easy like I did, It lasts about 25 minutes and well designed to confuse/pressurise you(at least with me) ,Like they ask me names of landlords,colleagues , how long it takes you to travel from Bournemouth to London, guide me directions from station to your home etc
Last edited by ijaz.ahmed on Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

gaboon_viper

Re: Not a great passport interview experience - doomed

Post by gaboon_viper » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:15 am

You are the actual person and applying for your lawfull passport. No need to worry. Everyone panics. U didnt do anything wrong. Chill man, you will get it. Yhanks
Always here to help to best of my understanding

shahid2000
Member of Standing

Post by shahid2000 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:44 pm

The questions you have mentioned are normal questions, everyone is asked these including myself. As long as you got most of the things right don't worry everyone gets one of two wrong and forgets one or two things ..... its quite normal.

ayoubtt

Post by ayoubtt » Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:03 pm

Dont worry, it happens to all of us, I couldnt remember my childrens dates of births, my own wedding date, my wifes birthday, the post code to my previous two addresses, I even forgot one of my bank accounts.

Can it get worse than that ?

But I promptly received the passport two days after my interview. I was also told the same thing that they need to do some further checks.

So dont worry.

dadageer
Mood:

Post by dadageer » Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:27 pm

Don't worry man...you will get your passport as these are normal questions..

Just say to yourself "All is well!.." :D
Not all those who wander are lost...

ijaz.ahmed

Post by ijaz.ahmed » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:48 am

God much relived now ..

Thanks everyone whoever helped and said kind words , "I got passport printing SMS just now this morning" .. :wink:
No wonder I'm a serial moron :D ( I don't mean it actually)

I wish everyone all the best.

ijaz.ahmed

Post by ijaz.ahmed » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:25 am

Update!
Guys I've just received my passport as well.. :)
So total elapsed time about a month since applied on 15th may.
best of luck all of the rest.

upsydaisy
Newly Registered

Post by upsydaisy » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:36 am

I had an interview today at Luton office as London was pack and I didn't get any appointment. Unlike London, the stadd there wasn't friendly. Well leave that aside, my main concern is she keep making notes of whatever I was saying! !is that normal? I mean word to word she was noting down. She asked all common questions like spell your name and address and dob , parter and parents details etc . She also asked me how did I apply NI? What document I submitted! ! That was 9 years ago. . I don't even remember it so I was like a bit shocked by question and didn't know what to say. . Still I manage to recall as much I could. The next question was about my college and which course I did n subjects and when it was started when finished etc!!it was more like a immigration questions than id check! It was 9+years ago and I didn't remember perfectly, it was obvious that I had to recall so I took little time to reply. But why she was asking me all those questions! ? I was already nervous and she made me more. I'm bit worried now. . Please can anyone guide me or response?

Rayking

Post by Rayking » Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:36 am

Nothing to worry about,it's not an exam,it's just an interview,it's normal for them to write or jot down what you were saying.
You'll get your passport soon.

upsydaisy
Newly Registered

Post by upsydaisy » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:07 am

Thanks a lot for your reply. I had a sleepless night. My friends had interview at London office and they said ahe never noted down a thing! And this lady was like sat on her chair with pen and paper and kept writing. . I was so nervous that I think I didn't even get my signature right! :( I'm scared to death

upsydaisy
Newly Registered

Post by upsydaisy » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:31 pm

Thanks for your kind words. . I got my passport just now:)

ammu28

Post by ammu28 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:38 pm

upsydaisy wrote:Thanks for your kind words. . I got my passport just now:)
Congratulations :)
Regards
Ammu