ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching an expired post-study work visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

scarfetish
Newly Registered

Switching an expired post-study work visa

Post by scarfetish » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:55 am

Hi all,

I was a previous owner of a post-study work visa, which expired on September 2013. I applied for it upon my return to my home country and never had the opportunity to go back to the UK and find a job with it. Therefore, it has never been used before expiry.

However, I was recently offered with a job in London, but unfortunately the company cannot sponsor me as they are new and small. They could only employ me if I have a work permit there.

The question: Is there a way to switch an expired post-study work visa to a Tier 1 or Tier 2 visa without being sponsored by a company?

Or do you know any other methods to make this opportunity to become real?

Thanks a lot.

C.

riz1986

Re: Switching an expired post-study work visa

Post by riz1986 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:18 pm

there is no such thing of using ur expired psw visa to convert into Tier 1 or Tier 2 as u hvn't used it.......its actually funny lol if u can meet the requirements of tier 1 or tier 2 u can switch but can't claim any relief on da basis of psw