ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen Visa: Passport Returned Without Visa or Refusal Let

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

sadegh
Newly Registered

Schengen Visa: Passport Returned Without Visa or Refusal Let

Post by sadegh » Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:32 pm

My wife and I submitted our visa applications to the TLSContact on May 9th. The applications were processed and returned from the consulate on June 6th. I applied for a private visa (conference) and my wife applied for tourist visa. We provided all required documents. We collected our passports from TLSContact on June 13th but there was neither a visa nor any refusal letter.
There was only the stamp of the French consulate - London with the date (5/06/2014).

First, I called TLSContact and they told me that they have no information about the result of the application. They advised me to contact the consulate. I called consulate and they asked me to send them an email. Today, I called them and I have been told that they have sent an email to the TLSContact about our applications. I called TLSContact and they told me that all records about our application in their system has been deleted and they do not have access to our files.

My questions are:

1- Does anybody have such an experience with french consulate (no visa, no refusal letter!)?
2- What should we do now?! :shock: I suppose that if I want to appeal, I should know the reason for refusal. isn't it?

Donutz

Re: Schengen Visa: Passport Returned Without Visa or Refusal

Post by Donutz » Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:26 pm

I would contact the embassy again, since
1) TLS says it has no information anymore (perhaps they have thrown anything they received in the bin straight away?)
2) TLS is entirely optional, you are entitled to do everything via the embassy (appointment, application, questions), most certainly questions about what happend to the application when you suspected something went wrong (which seems to be the case).

And indeed they need to give you a reason for denial in writing (to the applicant that is) so that they know why it was denied and can appeal against it. The letter should also say how to do so (appeals are free).

Assuming they were refused, you could decide how to appeal: you yourself if it was something minor or contact a proffesional (lawyer). The appeal is worth it, with any luck you get the decision overturned and thus no longer have a "visa denied" in the system. Such a memo behind your name isn't exactly a positive note for future applications at any Schengen embassy... In the mean time try to see what it could have been refused over and how so strenghten your applications: better clarificatio of travel purpose, better explination in the occompying letter, more clearly stating that you will abide the rules and return in time, try to name various reasons for returning in time (job, house, children, anything that binds you to your home country). Etc.

toofan
Member of Standing

Post by toofan » Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:18 pm

call the embassy or email them and ask the refusal in writing.
You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.
<<<<<<<TOOFAN>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

sadegh
Newly Registered

Post by sadegh » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:06 pm

I called the consulate. They told me that the sent an email to TLSContact and asked me to call TLS. I called TLS again but the operator told me that they dont have any information about my application. I argued, the operator hung up!

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by chaoclive » Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:24 pm

Inform the consulate about the way the TLS operator dealt with you and ask if there's anything that the consulate staff can do.

If not, ask them how to make a complaint as you need this visa ASAP.