ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Passport application processing timelines (only)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Daymohktim
Newly Registered
Russia

Re: British Passport application processing timelines (only)

Post by Daymohktim » Sat Jun 21, 2014 7:56 pm

Congratulations guys!
Looks like May applications are being dealt with;)

adnanmirza

Post by adnanmirza » Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:17 pm

Hi guys
Does any one know the number of Liverpool office?

Thanks

londonellebelle
Newly Registered

Post by londonellebelle » Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:48 am

Passport for: Adult
Application Type: New, Naturalized
Method of application: Post Office Check & Send Service, Canary Wharf, London.
Date of application: 23/05/2014
Date of SMS received: Never
Date application received by IPS: Uknown- still waiting for reply to online enquiry
Date of return of documents: Awaiting
Date of receipt of interview letter: 21/06/2014 (dated 19/06/2014)
Date of Passport Appointment: 01/07/2014 (London Victoria)
Date of Passport Receipt: Awaiting

Phoned to book the appointment today, got through immediately on the appointment line.

Thanks for all the updates and advice on this forum :D

Haidi5

Post by Haidi5 » Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:39 am

Hi Guys,
Just need a quick info regarding passport form please.
When it ask about providing details about grand parents, does include grand parents from both father and mother side or only father's side is enough?

Thanks

lamijm

Post by lamijm » Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:35 am

Haidi5 wrote:Hi Guys,
Just need a quick info regarding passport form please.
When it ask about providing details about grand parents, does include grand parents from both father and mother side or only father's side is enough?

Thanks
Dont need to provide grandparents info just your parents. All i provided was my parents information and it all went ok, passed interview and just now waiting for passport to arrive.

Haidi5

Post by Haidi5 » Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:44 am

Thanks Lamijm,
In section 4 it says clearly that if parents were born after 1982 then need to provide grandparents details?

jmehmud

Post by jmehmud » Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:46 am

Hi Haidi!

This section is for those people whose grand parent were born in England but their parents were born abroad and became british because of their parents. I hope it works for you.
Jasim Mehmud

sian.b
Newly Registered

Post by sian.b » Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:57 pm

sian.b wrote:Passport for: 1 Adult
Application Type: Naturalisation first British passport
Method of application: Post Office: Check and Send
Date of application: 3/6/14
Date application received by IPS: 6/6/14 Received at Durham :(
Date of SMS: 9/6/14
Date of return of documents: Waiting
Date of receipt of interview letter:Waiting
Date of Passport Appointment: Waiting
Date of Passport Receipt: Waiting

Due to travel on 27th July....everything already booked. Hoping 7 and a half weeks from application to receipt will be long enough. My heart dropped when I found out today it was received at Durham, as that's the one that's been in the news and everyone here has been complaining about. I live nowhere near Durham so I'm not sure why it would be sent there?

beebritish

Post by beebritish » Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:35 pm

Passport for: 1 Adult
Date of application: 16/5/14
Date application received by IPS: 21/5/14
Date of receipt of interview letter: 18/06/14 (dated 16/06)
Date of Passport Appointment: 28/06/14 (I wanted a Saturday appointment at Crawley's office, they told me I can be as picky as I want!)

As I never received a txt from the Passport Office to confirm they received my documents, I rang them couple of times to check the status of my application. I called them 3 wks after I submitted my application, first call no one replied so I left my phone number for a call back. I tried again few minutes after I've left the message and got through. Spoke to a very nice lady, she told me they received my application and it was being examined in Peterborough office. Told me the process now takes 4-5 weeks and if I don't hear back from them by 23/6 to call back again. I also got a call back on the same day, from a guy that was polite enough, but very stingy in sharing specific information I was interested in with me, comparing to the lady I spoke with earlier in the day. So if you need to call, just be persistent and try to tease out information rather than accepting what they feel is the level of information you should know. :twisted:

Katie105
Newly Registered

Post by Katie105 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:42 am

My partner applied for his first adult passport on the 23rd April. He received a text to say it had been received on the 24th. He has heard nothing since! We are due to fly on the 12th July. He sent it using the check and send service too. So he started calling a few weeks ago to check what was going on. First he was just fobbed off with 'call back next week if you haven't heard anything' which then turned in to 'we can't see you on our system yet'. After reading these forums we followed advice of others and asked to be put through to the progress team. They escalated his case and was told his application was sent to an examiner on the 3rd of June - 3 weeks ago!
He's due to be called back today by an examiner who will hopefully give him the reference number needed to book his interview. Hopefully!! It seems that if you need your passport, you need to really press them for information...the 0300 number proves to be useless! We thought 12 weeks before flying would give plenty of time but apparently not. It looks like it's been sat in a pile for 5 weeks before even being looked at! Seeing others on here who applied after he did though who have received theirs back so hopefully it will be sorted soon...who needs the stress eh! Really frustrating as feel we can't look forward to our holiday as right now it seems so uncertain :( his application is in the Durham office btw.

lamijm

Post by lamijm » Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:47 am

lamijm wrote:Application Timeline
Passport for: Adult naturalized
Application Type: New
Method of application: Check & Send or Postal
Date of application: 20th May
Date of SMS received: 22nd May
Date of return of documents: tbc
Date application received by IPS: 21st May (Durham)
Date of receipt of interview letter: 21/06/2014
Date of Passport Appointment: 20th June
Date of SMS printing passport: none
Date of Passport Receipt: 23/06/2014

Didn't receive an interview letter from Durham so i called on thursday the 18th and told them due to the nature of my job, i need my passport asap as i am going on company duties on the 6th of July. Yesterday the 19th a very nice lady called me from Durham which turned out to be an examiner who then said she was examining my application atm and gave me an interview reference number. As soon as i hung up with her i called and got an appointment for today the 20th. the examiner gave me her personal number ( an 0191 number)for her desk which i called to tell her my interview just went fine, she said good and she can now see that on her computer and will request for the passport to get printed asap.

what i found weird is that she called me back while i was driving home to tell me because i am not travelling until the 6th of July, to get my passport by Tuesday (24th of June) i can pay and upgrade which is 65 pounds or stay with the standard service and get the passport on wed-thursday (25th or 26th). I said one day wait aint gonna make a difference so i will stay with the standard service.

Seems like a money making ploy to me.
Took exactly 4 weeks from application to receipt. They said on friday when I had the interview if I needed the passport by monday I would have to pay 65 pounds for fast track or wait normal time and get it wed. I chose to wait and the passport came this morning at 7 am. I would have Wasted 65 pounds. Guys if you have done interview already dont get tricked into paying for fast track cause passport is only a day or two after doing the interview. If you are still waiting and you havent received interview letter or date and you are due to leave soon then maybe you can take that option. I also didnt receive sms that passport is being printed nor have I received supporting docs back as yet.

I am surprised the courier didnt even knock my door. I was just about to put my shoe on to go to work at 7am then saw a white envelope fall thru the slot of the door. And the man just walked away. Knew it was the passport so was overjoyed my long 5 years immigration process is fully to an end now.

Thanks to this forum and evreyone on it for the help from naturalisation to passport. It really helped a lot. Good luck to all who are waiting. :)

Muscovite

Post by Muscovite » Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:05 am

Passport for: 1 Adult
Method of application: By post
Date of application: 29/5/14
Date application received by IPS: 3/6/14
Date of SMS: 4/6/14

Contacted passport office via official gov site form a few days ago and today received an e-mail back stating that my application is "under examination" at the Liverpool office.

prokabungle
Newly Registered

Post by prokabungle » Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:46 am

Passport for: Adult First Time
Method of application: Post Office C&S
Date of application: 6 May 2014
Date application received by HMPO: 9 May 2014
Date SMS Received: 12 May 2014
Date of receipt of interview letter: 20 June 2014 (letter dated 18 June 2014)
Date of Passport Appointment: 26 June 2014 (Reading)
Date SMS Received: waiting
Date of Passport Receipt: waiting

babyface123
Newly Registered

Post by babyface123 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:34 am

babyface123 wrote:Application Type: First adult passport
Method of application: PO check and send
Date of application: 25/04/2014
Date of application received by IPS: N/A
Date SMS received: 01/05/2014
Date of method of fees: cash
Date of return of documents: 20/06/2014
Date of receipt of interview letter: 18/06/2014
Date of interview appointment: 21/06/2014
Date of SMS that Passport is being printed: 23/06/2014
Date of Passport Receipt: waiting
Thanks again guys for your support, i hope all those who are waiting that their waiting would be over soon.

sian.b
Newly Registered

Post by sian.b » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:40 am

sian.b wrote:
sian.b wrote:Passport for: 1 Adult
Date of application: 3/6/14
Date application received by IPS: 6/6/14 Received at Durham :(
Date of SMS: 9/6/14

Due to travel on 27th July....everything already booked. Hoping 7 and a half weeks from application to receipt will be long enough. My heart dropped when I found out today it was received at Durham, as that's the one that's been in the news and everyone here has been complaining about. I live nowhere near Durham so I'm not sure why it would be sent there?
This was the exact email I got when enquiring which office had received it. They seem to think they will process it within 3-6 weeks according to the email! I really hope so!:

I can confirm that we received your application at our Durham office on 6th June.

Your passport application is currently going through the examination process.

Correctly completed applications are generally being processed within the timescales of the service you have applied for:

If you posted your application the current processing time is approximately 4 weeks, allowing for postage. Please note this is not a guaranteed service time.

If you applied using the Check and Send service, available through selected branches of Post Office Limited, your application has a turnaround target of 3 weeks. This, however, is not a guaranteed service and turnaround times may exceed this during periods of peak demand. Please note that if you are aged 16 or over and are applying for your first passport you will be required to attend an interview as part of the application process. We recommend that you allow 6 weeks for your application to be processed.

Thank you

Gnanasekar

Post by Gnanasekar » Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:54 am

Gnanasekar wrote:
Gnanasekar wrote:
Gnanasekar wrote:Passport for: Minor (For UK born Child, Both parents on ILR)
Method of application: Post office Check & Send
Date of application: 10-May-2014
Date application received by IPS: 15-May-2014
Date of return of documents:
Date of receipt of interview letter: Not Applicable
Date of Passport Appointment: Not Applicable
Date of SMS for Printing: 20-Jun-2014
Date of Passport Receipt: 23-Jun-2014

Getting a bit tensed with no progress update even after calling their helpline twice. Have plans for visa and travel. Looks like will cause a mess if it doesn't come back in 6 weeks time. Fingers crossed !
Update (18-Jun-2014) - The person who has counter signed the child's passport application has received a letter to confirm details. The same has been filled in and posted today (on pre-stamped envelope). Does anyone know how long (on avergae) should this take after this stage.
Update (20-Jun-2014) - Received a text saying the passport is being printed and should be delivered in few days. I'm expecting it tomorrow or early next week and will give an update. My application was processed in Peterborough.
Update (23-Jun-2014) - Much awaited Passport has been delivered today. Thanks to all who have been updating this thread. I'm yet to receive the supporting docuemnt which I think will be in few days.

newbie_t

Post by newbie_t » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:50 pm

newbie_t wrote:
newbie_t wrote:
newbie_t wrote:Passport for: Adult First time
Application Type: New (Naturalised)
Method of application: post office check and send
Date of application: 17/05/2014
Date application received by IPS: 22/05/2014
Date of SMS: 22/05/2014
Date of return of documents:18/06/2014
Date of receipt of interview letter: 17/06/2014
Date of Passport Appointment: 19/06/2014
Date of SMS Received: 20/06/2014 - passport being printed
Date of Passport Receipt: 23/06/2014
Final update.. received the passport today, it took 22 working days from the date of receipt at IPS. My application was processed at Peterborough office.

asadulla

Post by asadulla » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:52 pm

asadulla wrote:Application Timeline
Passport for: 2 Adult + 2 Child
Application Type: New (Nationalised)
Method of application: Postal (Sent through Special delivery)
Date of application: 13/05/2014
Date application received by IPS: 19/05/2014
Date of receipt of interview letter: 21/06/2014 dated 19/06/2014
Date of Passport Appointment: 05/07/2014
Date of Passport Receipt:

Eirikur
Netherlands

Post by Eirikur » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:55 pm

Almost there

Passport for: 1 Adult (first time)
Method of application: check and send
Date of application: 06/05/14
Date application received by IPS: unknown
Date of SMS: never
Date of return of documents: 21/06
Date of receipt of interview letter:21/06
Date of Passport Appointment: 04/07

pondhopper123
Newly Registered

Post by pondhopper123 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:47 pm

Application Type: Adult- Naturalisation first British passport
Date of application: 21/5/14
Date application received by IPS: 28/5/14 Belfast?
Date of SMS: 28/5/14
Date of receipt of interview letter:
Date of Passport Appointment:

I am very stressed and confused- the Online query I did (filed 11/6, reply recd 13/6) said my Application was received at BELFAST. I live in London. I have called numerous times to try to get my Docs back and have had no call backs from Belfast at all (even though they are supposed to call within 48h). I called again today and apparently my App is now in PETERBOROUGH?

Did this happen to anyone else? Does it mean my application will be delayed longer than usual?

Thanks in advance!

sian.b
Newly Registered

Post by sian.b » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:28 pm

Hi Pondhopper

I've read through the posts over the last few weeks and quite a few people have mentioned two different passport office locations dealing with their application. I wouldn't think this would delay it, they surely wouldn't do it otherwise. Maybe it's their procedure -they get sent to a central office then divided up to other offices from there depending on staff/workload etc?
I was thinking the same as you - mine was sent to Durham yet I live in Hampshire...I assumed they would send them to the nearest office.
Good luck, I hope you hear something very soon!

lamijm

Post by lamijm » Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:06 pm

sian.b wrote:Hi Pondhopper

I've read through the posts over the last few weeks and quite a few people have mentioned two different passport office locations dealing with their application. I wouldn't think this would delay it, they surely wouldn't do it otherwise. Maybe it's their procedure -they get sent to a central office then divided up to other offices from there depending on staff/workload etc?
I was thinking the same as you - mine was sent to Durham yet I live in Hampshire...I assumed they would send them to the nearest office.
Good luck, I hope you hear something very soon!
I noticed something when the examiner called me up and gave me the reference number to book the appointment. She told me to speed up my application and receive my passport asap, when the interview is over, i should tell the interviewer to return the progress to them at Durham so they they cant get the passport printed straight away. when i told the interviewer she told me there was a note already on the computer stating that. i found that weird as i though all applications were dealt with from the office our docs were sent to.

Maybe after interviews, passports are printed from the nearest passport office and not from where it initially went. i dunno im just speculating.......

tunjy

Post by tunjy » Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:42 am

pondhopper123 wrote:Application Type: Adult- Naturalisation first British passport

I am very stressed and confused- the Online query I did (filed 11/6, reply recd 13/6) said my Application was received at BELFAST. I live in London. I have called numerous times to try to get my Docs back and have had no call backs from Belfast at all (even though they are supposed to call within 48h). I called again today and apparently my App is now in PETERBOROUGH?

Did this happen to anyone else? Does it mean my application will be delayed longer than usual?

Thanks in advance!
Please do you know the telephone number of passport office Belfast?

powerfox
Newly Registered

Post by powerfox » Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:41 am

pondhopper123 wrote:Application Type: Adult- Naturalisation first British passport

Thanks in advance!
I am based in Glasgow but like you, got app in Wales. Actually, letter wasn't delayed and came withing time limit.

AndyAndy
Newly Registered

Post by AndyAndy » Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:03 pm

2 passport applications (the latest change is in bold):

Date of SMS received: 28/05/2014
Date application received by IPS: 28/05/2014 by Peterborough Passport Office, I had to do online equerry
Date of return of documents: 24/06/2014
Date of Passport Appointment: 23/06/2014 (London Victoria)
Date of Passport Receipt: awaiting

Date of SMS received: never
Date application received by IPS: 27/05/2014 by Peterborough Passport Office, I had to do online equerry
Date of return of documents: 24/06/2014
Date of Passport Appointment: 23/06/2014 (London Victoria)
Date of Passport Receipt: awaiting