ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New job and just applied for first british passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

phospholipid

New job and just applied for first british passport

Post by phospholipid » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:47 pm

I recently got naturalised and then two weeks after sent off my application for my British passport. I'm now applying for various jobs and they ask me to prove that I have the right to work in the UK. They usually ask for passport with residency permit (which I don't have, sent to the passport office), I also do not have my naturalisation certificate which I sent to the passport office. Are there any documents I can use to show I can work in the UK?

skilled_migrant

Re: New job and just applied for first british passport

Post by skilled_migrant » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:04 pm

Don't you have any photocopy of passport /ILR BRP / ILR Visa ?

Normally photocopy should be acceptable.

phospholipid

Post by phospholipid » Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:19 pm

skilled_migrant wrote:Don't you have any photocopy of passport /ILR BRP / ILR Visa ?

Normally photocopy should be acceptable.
No unfortunately not, I did not realise I'd get a job before the documents were returned.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:38 pm

Just tell them you have applied for a new passport. You should get it back within a few weeks. Most employers should be OK to wait for that.
Check the FAQ before posting!
Citizenship (adults, children, passport)
EEA (EEA FP, RC, PR, Surinder Singh)

phospholipid

Post by phospholipid » Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:51 am

Jambo wrote:Just tell them you have applied for a new passport. You should get it back within a few weeks. Most employers should be OK to wait for that.
I'm planning to when I go to my interview, but they specifically say that if you can't prove that you're eligible to work in the UK then they wont even interview me :\