ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Residence Requirement (Chapter 18)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

swbai
Newly Registered

Residence Requirement (Chapter 18)

Post by swbai » Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:36 pm

I've been reading and lurking for quite awhile and appreciate the advice given on this forum.

I need further clarification from the well-versed gurus on the residence requirement particularly the Annex B(I) to Chapter 18 that relates to HM Forces. From what I can understand, discretion can be given and high level of absence can be waived for those that were on overseas assignment due to crown service. Spouses and children of service personnel are also in this category.

For the spouses, once the soldier is discharged, can discretion be given for high level of absence because of residence abroad on crown service??? Or does this rule only apply to those that have partners that are still serving?

I'm getting conflicting answers and would love to hear your views?

Many thanks