ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Which test to take to satisfy the language requirement?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

najas
Newly Registered

Which test to take to satisfy the language requirement?

Post by najas » Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:37 am

Hello,

I got my ILR in Sep 2011 and now I intend to apply for citizenship. I came to the UK on WP and converted to ILR after 5 years. I have an engineering and MBA from Indian universities. I have passed the Life in UK test. My question is

a) Is there a simple process where I can get a letter (stating the course was in English) from the college where I did my engineering or MBA to satisfy the language requirement and submit it along with the Life in UK test to satisfy the language requirements.
b) If a) is going to be a difficult process, I prefer to take a test and comply with the requirements. Which is the test that I can take where my priority is ease of applying and sitting for the exam. I am confused after seeing all the test options.

Many Thanks
Najas

Amber
Mood:

Re: Which test to take to satisfy the language requirement?

Post by Amber » Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:14 am

If your degree is awarded 10 points for English skills on the PBS calculator that should suffice (a print out) with the degree certificate.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

najas
Newly Registered

Post by najas » Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:02 pm

Dear Amber,

Thank you. This is helpful. I tried the PBS with , Tier 2 (skilled workers), (General) Category, Inside the United Kingdom with permission to enter or stay , Switching you current immigration status in the United Kingdom and I got 10 points for my Bachelors degree. So I take this printout and submit along with the degree certificate will it suffice the requirements. I have two doubts

a) The Who can use PBS does not say that naturalisation/citizanship application can use this.
b) If I want to make sure that I take a test and ensure that no questions are asked, which test can I take

Many Thanks
Najas

aizazuddin
Newly Registered

Post by aizazuddin » Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:27 pm

Hi,

Myself and my wife will be eligible to apply for citizenship in April 2014. I have a Masters Degree which exempt me from English language requirements. My wife did a CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools (QCF), Qualification Reference Number: 501/0031/2 in Sep 2012 to Sep 2013. As per the requirement of this course, she has also done 140 hours of volunteer work in a local school as a teaching assistance. She is very fluent in written and spoken English. Can anyone please tell me if she is exempted from the English requirement because of the above course?

Thanks
Aizaz

najas
Newly Registered

Post by najas » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:00 am

Dear All,

Today, I completed the exam for satisfying the following requirement for naturalisation "to have a speaking and listening qualification in English at B1 CEFR or higher, or its equivalent". This is what I did. I went on to the site http://englishexamcentres.co.uk and booked a Grade 5 (ESOL Entry 3 / B1 exam by paying 125 GBP. I prepared for the exam by watching two videos of 10 mins each suggested by them as part of their confirmation email . The exam is 10 minutes duration and I passed with double A meaning with distinction. I feel that the exam is very easy. I recommend this route

Many Thanks
Najas

SimpleThings
Newly Registered

Post by SimpleThings » Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:31 am

aizazuddin wrote:Hi,

Myself and my wife will be eligible to apply for citizenship in April 2014. I have a Masters Degree which exempt me from English language requirements. My wife did a CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools (QCF), Qualification Reference Number: 501/0031/2 in Sep 2012 to Sep 2013. As per the requirement of this course, she has also done 140 hours of volunteer work in a local school as a teaching assistance. She is very fluent in written and spoken English. Can anyone please tell me if she is exempted from the English requirement because of the above course?

Thanks
Aizaz
Hi Aizaz

My partner has completed the same course as your wife.

Did you ever find out whether your wife was exempted from the English requirement based on this qualification?

Thanks

SimpleThings
Newly Registered

Post by SimpleThings » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:00 pm

Hi Aizaz

If you get this, please let me know how your wife met her English language requirement as my partner is in the same position.

Thanks

phospholipid

Post by phospholipid » Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:58 pm

I applied and got approved using the B1 qualification.