ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Passport application processing timelines (only)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mrsenn

Re: British Passport application processing timelines (only)

Post by mrsenn » Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:12 am

HI ,

Do you know the passport office number to call them directly. Please share with us, that would help to most of the people in the forum pls.

Thanks[/quote][/quote]

---Durham Office number is - 0845 601 5175

Good luck!

AndyAndy
Newly Registered

Post by AndyAndy » Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:53 pm

shiva29 wrote:
AndyAndy wrote:
jsamad wrote:Hi,
My Wife gave an interview on Saturday(21ts June), but so far have not seen anything on Passport, no SMS message, when called 0300 number they said it might still take 6weeks to get the passport, has anyone had anything similar?
As far as I have seen on the forum, most of them who have had interview done, the passport has been delivered in couple of Days, but this is been strange for me, that there have been no update on my Wife's Passport.

Thanks
Samad
Hi, Samad we are in the same situation as you are. Me and my wife had the passport interview in London Victoria Office on 21st of June. Their online system was down and they had to write all our answers in the paper form without any reference for our original application. When we asked if the fact that the system is down somehow can affect passport sending time, they said it shouldn't. I think it does affect it, because they had to send our answers form to the passport office and someone has to manually check the answers again. They told us that it can take up to 10 working days to send the passport.

Don't trust 0300 number, based on my experience those people don't know anything and their computer system is not reliable. I would probably call the passport office directly.

HI ,

Do you know the passport office number to call them directly. Please share with us, that would help to most of the people in the forum pls.

Thanks
Peterborough passport office number: 0845 601 5549. I managed to call 0300 number and they told me there is no any updates.

lynxukauq
Member of Standing

Post by lynxukauq » Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:24 pm

For some reason that number 0845 601 5549 is not working any more.
When you rang that number, were you on hold for ages? I have been trying this number all day today but no joy. It was working fine but now all of a sudden when you dial that number it says "This number is temp out of order"

Joshua221
Newly Registered

Child First British Passport application timelines (only)

Post by Joshua221 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:13 pm

Hi,

I am planning to apply my son's ( 1yr old, born in UK, naturalised in uk) passport through fast track service. It says in the web site they will proceed in 1 week time. Do they only take only 1 week as i got travel plans after two weeks..

Please advice or share your experience

Thanks

Huzain81
Newly Registered

Post by Huzain81 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:30 am

Other than the Birth registration from the registrar's office, no other verification is done...
Should take only a week(regular service) provided you fill up the complete form correctly.
fast track service for less than 16 is a myth... your child is just a year old.

Note: I am sharing my experience and not an expert in guiding the actual duration. things might differ in your case.

DaniiSocks
Newly Registered

Post by DaniiSocks » Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:08 am

Passport for: 1 Adult
Application Type: Renewal
Method of application: Post Office Check & Send
Date of application: 03/06/2014
Date of SMS that application was received: 06/06/2014
Date of return of documents: Waiting...
Date of passport interview: N/A
Date of SMS confirming passport is being printed: 27/06/2014
Date of Passport Receipt: Waiting...

This was at Liverpool Passport Office...
I Fly out on the 7th of July, so fingers crossed it arrives in the next few days!!

jsamad

Post by jsamad » Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:15 am

Luckly before i went for my interview, my wifes passport was tried to deliver by DX, since no one at home, got a text, rearranged it for Monday. My interview was done yesterday and surprise, got a text message today about Passport being printed.
Hope you all guys would recieve passports soon.
jsamad wrote:Thanks nina-23k, shiva29 and Andy, for responses.
My wife had also given it on 21st, as suggested by nina-23k I suppose the only option is to keep calling the 0300 number and ask for update.
I have got my interview today, so hopefully will ask there also once on the progress and the reason for delay.

lynxukauq
Member of Standing

Post by lynxukauq » Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:16 pm

Passport for: 1 Child
Application Type: First Passport
Method of application: Recorded Special Delivery by post
Date of application: 27/05/2014
Date of SMS that application was received: 30/05/2014 (Peterborough Office)
Date of SMS confirming passport is being printed: N/A
Date of Passport Receipt: Waiting...

Update: Rang Passport Office Helpline first, was told that it is under examination. After reading couple of post decided to rang Peterborough Passport Office on 0845 601 5549 at 9 AM (took me over 20 minutes to get through after being on hold), spoke to a nice lady who was having issue with her system at first, took my phone number and advised to call me back. She called me back in about 10 minutes, told me that she is going to bump my application up and get the examiner to contact me. The examiner contacted me back at about 4 PM and told me that she has examined all the documents and everything is fine and she is going to issue the Passport today which I should get sometime next week.

I had no travel plans at the moment but I did tell them that I am flying out next Saturday just to observe what they do.

It is evidently clear that there is a backlog of application at the moment and if someone certainly has urgent need of travel, wait for the standard guideline time to pass by or call the Helpline first to check if it is under examination and then call the relevant Passport Office and just advise them of the travel plans. That should speed up the process for you.

All the best.

prokabungle
Newly Registered

Post by prokabungle » Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:38 pm

Passport for: Adult First Time
Application Type: New
Method of application: Post Office C&S
Date of application: 6 May 2014
Date application received by HMPO: 9 May 2014
Date SMS Received: 12 May 2014
Date of receipt of interview letter: 20 June 2014 (letter dated 18 June 2014)
Date of Passport Appointment: 26 June 2014 (Reading)
Date SMS Received: 27 June 2014
Date of Passport Receipt: waiting

babyface123
Newly Registered

Post by babyface123 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:36 pm

babyface123 wrote:
babyface123 wrote:Application Type: First adult passport
Method of application: PO check and send
Date of application: 25/04/2014
Date of application received by IPS: N/A
Date SMS received: 01/05/2014
Date of method of fees: cash
Date of return of documents: 20/06/2014
Date of receipt of interview letter: 14/06/14 (dated 12/06/14
Date of interview appointment: 21/06/14
Date of SMS that Passport is being printed:18/06/2014
Date of Passport Receipt: 24/06/2014

After over six weeks of waiting for the interview letter it finally arrived. thanks be to God. :D :D :D
I hope all you guys that are waiting the process would speed up.
i will update you on the out come. Thanks guys for your help and reassurance. :D
Thanks guys it's all over for me now, it's been a long wait but thanks be the God who allowed everyone on this forum to encouraged and reassured me during this period of wait. I hope that those who are waiting just have patience it might seems long but please hold on it will happen. Thanks again

ladie14
Newly Registered

Post by ladie14 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:34 am

I need your advice please,I applied for first son's passport May 1st,I called them yesterday but I was informed they have sent a letter requesting for my entry Passport into the UK,which I don't have,I came in illegal.i had already sent my current passport with right of abode.what shall I write back to them?

Daymohktim
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by Daymohktim » Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:56 am

Ladie14, don't know if your case is similar to mine, but before sending my application for a first adult passport, I called the passport office and told them that I did not enter UK in any passport and that I entered UK as asylum seeker.

This is what they wrote to me:

"Good Morning

Yes, please forward your indefinite leave to remain, alongside a covering letter explaining that you did not enter the country on any passport, and that you entered as an asylum seeker in 2001.

Kind Regards
Her Majesty's Passport Office
Newport"

babyface123
Newly Registered

Post by babyface123 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:08 am

ladie14 wrote:I need your advice please,I applied for first son's passport May 1st,I called them yesterday but I was informed they have sent a letter requesting for my entry Passport into the UK,which I don't have,I came in illegal.i had already sent my current passport with right of abode.what shall I write back to them?
Hi I think you should send the first passport that you came in the uk with whether you were illegal or not, because they want to know that time you say you came in the country it the true, I was refused and went home on my first passport but I send it anyway, so please send it

rojo86
Newly Registered

Post by rojo86 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:33 am

Dear members, i am new on this forum and reason came here is is to get some advice(based on opinion and experience). I was convicted in april 2008 for fare evasion, paid fine which was issued by the court. later checked my crb eveything came clear propably due to the fact that it non recordable offence now my question is would they take this into account when assesing good character requirement?.
My second issue is related 1st course of conduct warning which i recieved in this may, this is not one those warning which becomes part of PNC AS THEre is no admission of guilt. Please let me know if i can apply for BC next month.

majamcr

Post by majamcr » Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:54 am

Finally received my passport today! This is the end of my immigration journey. Many thanks to everybody contributing useful info to this great forum, and special thanks to the moderators and the gurus!

Passport for: 1 Adult and 2 Children
Application Type: New / First time
Method of application: Postal Check & Send to Liverpool
Date of application: 02/05/2014
Date of SMS that application was received: 08/05/2014
Date of return of documents: 19/06/2014
Date of receipt of interview letter: 18/06/2014 (letter dated 16/06/2014)
Date of passport interview: 21/06/2014
Date of SMS confirming passport is being printed: NONE (Children), 23/06/2014(Adult)
Date of Passport Receipt: 18/06/2014 (Children), 28/06/2014 - first delivery attempt on 24/06/2014 (Adult)

Jordiie
Newly Registered

Post by Jordiie » Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:02 pm

Had my Passport interview Monday (23rd) June and still not heard anything back from it regarding the delivery, been promised 3 callbacks not had one and just rang them again today and they still don't know anything about it. There all so clueless I fly out on Wednesday the 2nd and was quite hopeful it would come but now it looks like I'll be loosing money. Also my interview was done on manual paperwork as there systems were down and I was told this would not effect my passport time, obviously lied to again. Wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them.

tod
Newly Registered

Post by tod » Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:43 pm

Jordiie wrote:Had my Passport interview Monday (23rd) June and still not heard anything back from it regarding the delivery, been promised 3 callbacks not had one and just rang them again today and they still don't know anything about it. There all so clueless I fly out on Wednesday the 2nd and was quite hopeful it would come but now it looks like I'll be loosing money. Also my interview was done on manual paperwork as there systems were down and I was told this would not effect my passport time, obviously lied to again. Wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them.
Hey Jordiie , I gave my interview on the 23rd in London Victoria and the system was down too and they took a picture and did every thing manually and I have called twice since then but they had no idea what going on and I was told showing its in the process and has not gone for printing yet . I am worried sick too as most people get there new passport mostly on the fourth day . GOD Help us all .

reddy009

Post by reddy009 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:41 pm

Passport for: 1 Adult
Application Type: New / First time
Method of application: Postal Check & Send to Peterborough
Date of application: 31/05/2014
Date of SMS that application was received: 04/06/2014
Date of return of documents: N/A
Date of receipt of interview letter: N/A
Date of SMS confirming passport is being printed: N/A
Date of Passport Receipt:

Its been 4 weeks so far, i tried to contact passport office they said its on examination process.i dont know how long they will take.

Thanks

babyface123
Newly Registered

Post by babyface123 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:34 am

rojo86 wrote:Dear members, i am new on this forum and reason came here is is to get some advice(based on opinion and experience). I was convicted in april 2008 for fare evasion, paid fine which was issued by the court. later checked my crb eveything came clear propably due to the fact that it non recordable offence now my question is would they take this into account when assesing good character requirement?.
My second issue is related 1st course of conduct warning which i recieved in this may, this is not one those warning which becomes part of PNC AS THEre is no admission of guilt. Please let me know if i can apply for BC next month.
Hi Rojo86
I think you should wait another year but that's my opinion, I would advice you seek advice from a solicitor just to be on the safe side and also to prevent refusal but I don't know if anyone on this forum has a better advice.

AndyAndy
Newly Registered

Post by AndyAndy » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:24 am

tod wrote:
Jordiie wrote:Had my Passport interview Monday (23rd) June and still not heard anything back from it regarding the delivery, been promised 3 callbacks not had one and just rang them again today and they still don't know anything about it. There all so clueless I fly out on Wednesday the 2nd and was quite hopeful it would come but now it looks like I'll be loosing money. Also my interview was done on manual paperwork as there systems were down and I was told this would not effect my passport time, obviously lied to again. Wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them.
Hey Jordiie , I gave my interview on the 23rd in London Victoria and the system was down too and they took a picture and did every thing manually and I have called twice since then but they had no idea what going on and I was told showing its in the process and has not gone for printing yet . I am worried sick too as most people get there new passport mostly on the fourth day . GOD Help us all .

Hi, several people on this forum have the same problem. I had my interview on 21st in London Victoria, the system was down, they also did everything manually. I called the helpline, only after been transferred to "Progress Team" I was told that my passport is due for delivery today ! It seems like there is "Passport printing" backlog from London Victoria office. I hope your passport will be sent before you travel.

My original post is http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... l#p1052485

lynxukauq
Member of Standing

Post by lynxukauq » Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:46 am

Passport for: 1 Child
Application Type: First Passport
Method of application: Recorded Special Delivery by post
Date of application: 27/05/2014
Date of SMS that application was received: 30/05/2014 (Peterborough Office)
Date of SMS confirming passport is being printed: 30/06/14
Date of Passport Receipt: 30/06/14

Update: Rang Passport Office Helpline first, was told that it is under examination. After reading couple of post decided to rang Peterborough Passport Office on 0845 601 5549 at 9 AM (took me over 20 minutes to get through after being on hold), spoke to a nice lady who was having issue with her system at first, took my phone number and advised to call me back. She called me back in about 10 minutes, told me that she is going to bump my application up and get the examiner to contact me. The examiner contacted me back at about 4 PM and told me that she has examined all the documents and everything is fine and she is going to issue the Passport today which I should get it sometime next week.

I had no travel plans at the moment but I did tell them that I am flying out next Saturday just to observe what they do.

It is evidently clear that there is a backlog of application at the moment and if someone certainly has urgent need of travel, wait for the standard guideline time to pass by or call the Helpline first to check if it is under examination and then call the relevant Passport Office and just advise them of the travel plans. That should speed up the process for you.

All the best.
Update: Passport was delivered today

Jordiie
Newly Registered

Post by Jordiie » Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:05 am

Well just rang them again and was advised on a callback, and to my surprise 5 minutes later I recived the call and was advised that my passports been cleared now and sent for printing which can take 24 hours and then the courrier to deliver it is 24-48 hours, and I have 32 hours till I fly (Wednesday morning) so looks like I might be able to make it hopefully. Many thanks to all the people who've helped and good luck to everyone else :)

beebritish

Post by beebritish » Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:48 am

beebritish wrote:Update:
Application Type: Naturalisation first adult British passport
Method of application: Post Office: Check and Send
Date of application: 16/5/14
Date application received by IPS: 21/5/14
Date of return of documents: 24/06/14
Date of receipt of interview letter: 18/06/14 (dated 16/06)
Date of Passport Appointment: 28/06/14 (I wanted a Saturday appointment at Crawley's office, they told me I can be as picky as I want!)
Date of Passport Receipt: Waiting
Date of SMS received that passport it being printed: 30/06/14

AndyAndy
Newly Registered

Post by AndyAndy » Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:31 pm

2 passport applications (the latest change is in bold):

Passport for: Adult
Application Type: New, Naturalized
Method of application: Post Office Check & Send Service, Canary Wharf, London.
Date of application: 23/05/2014
Date of SMS received: 28/05/2014
Date application received by IPS: 28/05/2014 by Peterborough Passport Office, I had to do online equerry
Date of return of documents: 24/06/2014
Date of receipt of interview letter: 21/06/2014 (dated 19/06/2014)
Date of Passport Appointment: 23/06/2014 (London Victoria)
Date of Passport Printing SMS received: 30/06/2014
Date of Passport Receipt: awaiting

Passport for: Adult
Application Type: New, Naturalized
Method of application: Post Office Check & Send Service, Canary Wharf, London.
Date of application: 23/05/2014
Date of SMS received: never
Date application received by IPS: 27/05/2014 by Peterborough Passport Office, I had to do online equerry
Date of return of documents: 24/06/2014
Date of receipt of interview letter: 21/06/2014 (dated 19/06/2014)
Date of Passport Appointment: 23/06/2014 (London Victoria)
Date of Passport Printing SMS received: 30/06/2014
Date of Passport Receipt: awaiting

jah79

Post by jah79 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:12 pm

jah79 wrote:
jah79 wrote:Type of Application: Adult First (Naturalization)
Method of Application: Post Office check & send
Date of Application: 16/05/2014
Date of SMS Received: 22/05/2014
Date of Receipt of Interview Letter: 18/06/2014
Date of Return of Documents: 20/06/2014
Date of Interview booked: 27/06/2014
Date of Passports received: 30/06/2014
ALL DONE :P