ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen Visa for mother traveling from India-->UK-->France

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

kannit

Schengen Visa for mother traveling from India-->UK-->France

Post by kannit » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:32 pm

Hi,

My mother will be visiting us in UK on Family Visitor visa next month and I am planning to take her to Paris. I am aware that she'll need to apply her schengen visa from India before travelling to UK.

Please help to clarify below questions:
1. How long does it to get take to get schengen visa from India (Delhi) after applying?

2. While applying for schengen visa in India, will it be OK if she shows her air-travel from London to Paris instead of Delhi to Paris?

3. Does she need to have UK Family Visitor visa on her passport before submitting application for schengen visa?

4. Also does she need to show her air-travel ticket from Delhi to London to support that she'll go to Paris from London?

5. Any suggestion about which travel insurance she should take (she's 60yrs old)?

Thanks for taking out time to answer my queries.

Cheers!

dalebutt

Re: Schengen Visa for mother traveling from India-->UK-->Fra

Post by dalebutt » Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:01 pm

1) Please visit http://www.vfs-france.co.in/delhishortstay.html

2) No problem, it's even better.

3) Contradicting? Does she not yet have her UK Visa?

4) Better is she shows it

5) AXA.

kannit

Post by kannit » Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:31 pm

Hi,

UK Visa application date is on 8th-July so to save time was just thinking if we can apply for schengen by 01-Jul. But guess we have to wait till she gets UK visa in hand, that'll be better

Thanks for your reply

Cheers!

Srohatgi
Newly Registered

Post by Srohatgi » Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:09 pm

hi Kannit

Even i am in the same situation but my mother has got 5 yr tourist visa which is valid till 2018. she is coming next month but we want to go to paris in early june. French embassy in india is saying that you can apply only for 3 months validity and if one wants to travel after 3 months of reaching uk then where do you have to apply.

french embassay in Uk are saying that one has to apply from their own country.. Do you have any suggestion???

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:42 pm

Srohatgi wrote:hi Kannit

Even i am in the same situation but my mother has got 5 yr tourist visa which is valid till 2018. she is coming next month but we want to go to paris in early june. French embassy in india is saying that you can apply only for 3 months validity and if one wants to travel after 3 months of reaching uk then where do you have to apply.

french embassay in Uk are saying that one has to apply from their own country.. Do you have any suggestion???

The problem here is that you are dealing with two different visa systems; UK and Schengen.

The UK is one of very few countries that allow visits longer than 90 days.

For a Schengen visa, you can apply in your country of nationality or where you are ordinarily resident (not a visitor).

Suggestion: change your plans and visit Paris within the first three months of her stay in the UK.

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:18 pm

Srohatgi wrote: French embassy in india is saying that you can apply only for 3 months validity and if one wants to travel after 3 months of reaching uk then where do you have to apply.
Did you speak with French embassy directly or to VFS agents? I am not sure if the "3 months validity" got lost in translation.
Validity of visa and duration of stay are two separate aspects of a schengen visa.

An applicant usually can apply upto 90 days in advance to their planned travel date. The validity of the visa could be anything from "duration of travel"+15 days upto 5 years (max). Though it's exteremely exteremely unlikely a 5 year visa will be issued in this case. French embassies are known to be most liberal with visas (even in India). I don't know the applicant's past travel history but a 6month to 1 year visa may be issued. That's will solve your june paris travel plan. Unless you are willing to move forward your paris travel dates, perhaps consider an extra day/overnight trip to calais or lille within the 90 days from the application and request a double/multiple entry visa.