ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

join family visa for step daughter

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

missusmurphy
Newly Registered

join family visa for step daughter

Post by missusmurphy » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:50 am

Hi I just want a bit of information.. We moved to Ireland last march, my Irish husband and I (non-eu) would like my 13 year old daughter from a previous relationship to join us here permanently. What is the process for this? Most info I see online is about spouses. We were married in London and I used my rc as family of eu national to get in Ireland now I have a stamp 4 gnib card.. The garda won't give me the eu4fam gnib card as he said I'm a spouse Of an Irish national.

We are both working although just for a few months he's self employed. I'm on paye hence we won't have 6 months bank statements... Does this mean we have to wait longer before we submit her application? I have full custody as I wasn't married to her father.

357mag
Member of Standing
Bulgaria

Re: join family visa for step daughter

Post by 357mag » Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:46 pm

Off the top of my head she should be able to apply for visa now to join family of EEA citizen.
I am not a forum GURU, I am often wrong
Dont take any notice of anything I post, I'm getting old and havn't the foggiest what I'm talking about.

janet0001

Post by janet0001 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:16 pm

The EU Directive clearly stated that an EEA national can only exercise their treaty right out of their country.For u to bring in the step daughter,if the EEA national isn't the biological parent,u must get a court order that bestowed u the sole custody of the child.A court affidavit wouldn't be sufficient.This could be done if u can get a capable esquire back home.

357mag
Member of Standing
Bulgaria

Post by 357mag » Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:01 pm

The OP says she used RC as family of EEA citizen to go to Ireland. Bearing in mind the family member has rights equal to the spouse I would have thought the child would as well. The child being equally family of the eea as well as mother having RC she should have the same right to go there.
The EEA may not be biological but his wife is and she will have the same right as her partner.
Maybe the OP spouse should consider adopting the child http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/bi ... child.html
I am not a forum GURU, I am often wrong
Dont take any notice of anything I post, I'm getting old and havn't the foggiest what I'm talking about.

Mystica09
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Mystica09 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:49 pm

Hi missusmurphy,

Are you from the Philippines? First you can call the consulate in makati and ask for the requirements.
Let me share my experience with you. Me and my 14 year old daughter from a previous relationship came to Ireland last Feb with a join eu spouse visa and her join eu parent visa. My husbands british.
First thing that the consulate will ask is the papers from the court that you are the sole custudy of the minor but if the birth certificate doesnt have any fathers signature maybe that will do.
My daughter was awarded to me after my annulment, but the consulate asked for an affidavit from the father that he is allowing her to leave the country,
we used the eu treaty rights route so we submitted all the documents asked by the consulate.
The visa was quick only after 2weeks and its free.
After the visa you need to get a sticker from the cfo in manila if your intention is for her to live in ireland, she needs to attend youth counselling. The immigration in the airport will not allow her to board the plane unless they see the sticker, even the stop over in hongkong was very strict asking why we dont have a return ticket.
Hope this will help you a bit.

missusmurphy
Newly Registered

Post by missusmurphy » Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:32 pm

Mystica09 wrote:Hi missusmurphy,

Are you from the Philippines? First you can call the consulate in makati and ask for the requirements.
Let me share my experience with you. Me and my 14 year old daughter from a previous relationship came to Ireland last Feb with a join eu spouse visa and her join eu parent visa. My husbands british.
First thing that the consulate will ask is the papers from the court that you are the sole custudy of the minor but if the birth certificate doesnt have any fathers signature maybe that will do.
My daughter was awarded me after my annulment, but the consulate asked for an affidavit from the father that he is allowing her to leave the country,
we used the eu treaty rights route so we submitted all the documents asked by the consulate.
The visa was quick only after 2weeks and its free.
After the visa you need to get a sticker from the cfo in manila if your intention is for her to live in ireland, she needs to attend youth counselling. The immigration in the airport will not allow her to board the plane unless they see the sticker, even the stop over in hongkong was very strict asking why we dont have a return ticket.
Hope this will help you a bit.
Hi thanks for all the replies... I am from the Philippines we moved to Ireland last march after living in the UK for 4.5 years. I don't know if I can use the eu route for my daughters' visa as the Garda gave me stamp 4 NOT eu4fam.. My husband is Irish and i explained to the Garda officer that he exercised his treaty rights over in the UK so i thought id get eu4fam stamp and eventually use the eu route for my daughter... What kind of youth counselling should she attend and where... Also what is a CFO sticker... Sorry for the trouble i need some help.. Thanks

Mystica09
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Mystica09 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:02 pm

Missusmurphy i sent you PM

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:44 pm

Immigration officer cannot give you Stamp 4EUFAM without the letter from the EU treaty rights section.
You can apply for EU Treaty Rights for yourself and your daughter (when she is in Ireland). you will have to show evidence that your irish spouse was exercising his EUTR in the UK and to show his current activities in Ireland.
you will need a letter from the father of the child allowing the child to reside with you in Ireland.
I am guessing that similar documents could be submitted in relation to your daughter's visa application based on her irish step father previously exercising his EUTR in the UK.