ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Timeline for applying British citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Ish51

Timeline for applying British citizenship

Post by Ish51 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:50 pm

Hello there

I am going to apply British passport in October 2014 as my one year after ILR completes by then.
My question is when I am eligible to apply?is it exactly 12 months period to wait or I can apply before 28 days?
My other question is my current nationality passport is going to expire in August. I am suppose to renew it or is it not required for applying British passport in October? As that is the only reason I am thinking to renew it for a short period.

Any suggestions!!

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Timeline for applying British citizenship

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:28 pm

There is no '28 day early' rule for naturalisation applications. It has to be exactly 12 months on ILR unless you are married to a British Citizen.

Not sure about the passport, have you looked at the AN Guide and Booklet?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Ish51

Re: Timeline for applying British citizenship

Post by Ish51 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:01 pm

I think it is not mention in AN guidance about the existing passport.

Thanks