ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

May 2014 - Naturalisation Application Timeline

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Marie1981
Newly Registered

Re: May 2014 - Naturalisation Application Timeline

Post by Marie1981 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 5:22 am

ID

Please don't think I am stupid, I do know what the councils job is. All I am merely stating is what I have been told, she is contact with the caseworker who is working on my husbands application, and was chasing it up for me.

For all the negativity I will be leaving the forum as I have found it be rather stressful and unsupportive in this matter

ayoubtt

Post by ayoubtt » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:19 am

Hi EVERYONE.

Its a very stressful time for us all and its quite clear that people are sharing whatever bits of information they get with everyone.

No one is making up stuff themselves as they have nothing to gain from doing so. And also no one is trying to personally give more grief or stress to anyone as again they have absolutely no reason to do so.

Just be positive and supportive to one and all and trust me we will all get through this tough time together.

Now SMILE :)

Best wishes and Good Luck to EVERYONE !!

m.kono
Newly Registered

Post by m.kono » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:21 am

Marie1981,

Thank you very much for your information, I think the reason why it is being questioned is the anxiety that we all have to see the processing timelines reflect the current trend of 50 to 60 days. Once that looks like being disturbed people will do their bit to investigate any truth in any posts on the forum. Your post has undergone such scrutiny and the conclusion that most have arrived to is that it may be tinged with speculation rather than facts, but not to worry. TIME will surely reveal the truth of your post and they you may determine whether your contact was indeed reflecting the situation at the HO.

shaheen

Post by shaheen » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:05 pm

sheet9.PNG
sheet9.PNG (81.53 KiB) Viewed 2141 times
Update Sheet.

Haris2108

Post by Haris2108 » Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:41 pm

had anyone called to naturalization guys(call centre) and asked if naturalization caseworkers shifted to cover passport backlogs for next 8 weeks? I asked but he said, he doesnt know ...may be someone may say truth..

Velcro
Newly Registered

Post by Velcro » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:17 pm

I think worrying over staffing issues/allocations at the UKBA will only cause more stress and is totally unnecessary. We are all going to get replies from the Home Office although it might not be the time fame we are expecting. Ringing the HO call centre to ask about staff redeployment is silly and will annoy these busy individuals. The passport crisis has become a political stomping ground and I guess sorting the passport backlog will naturally take precedence over any other matters. So people lets be patient everything will be sorted in time. Yesterday I rang the HO for an update and I was advised but a very helpful guy that my application was being seen to by a caseworker and that they were in the processes of verifying my ILR. So allthough the HO are busy trying to sort out the passport crisis, and rightly so, they appear to be still processing other applications.

Patience - Patience - Patience

king hassi

Post by king hassi » Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:24 pm

Theresa May ordered hundreds of staff to move from UK Visas & Immigration to the Passport Office, as this leaked letter to MailOnline revealed, to help clear the backlog. But unions said the move would leave other areas short staffed.

Britain's beleaguered Passport Office is to be given 100 more staff by the home office to clear a backlog of applications.

Starting next week, staff from the UK's visas and immigration section will begin training so they can deal with passport renewal applications.

Guys! if this is true than im screwed i need to travel in sept if i dun get my approval letter by next week i dun knw wat im gna do....plz Allah help us...

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:21 am

Marie1981 wrote:ID

Please don't think I am stupid, I do know what the councils job is. All I am merely stating is what I have been told, she is contact with the caseworker who is working on my husbands application, and was chasing it up for me.

For all the negativity I will be leaving the forum as I have found it be rather stressful and unsupportive in this matter
Marie I never called you stupid. I was just saying that the staff at council office don't have anything to do with decision making. From your earlier post it sounded like you were saying that the staff at your local council are being moved to work at passport office or something.
Anywho, there's no need to get sentimental about people questioning the information. At the end of the day, everyone was trying to find out the correct info and it was never personal.
Goodluck.

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:22 am

king hassi wrote:Theresa May ordered hundreds of staff to move from UK Visas & Immigration to the Passport Office, as this leaked letter to MailOnline revealed, to help clear the backlog. But unions said the move would leave other areas short staffed.

Britain's beleaguered Passport Office is to be given 100 more staff by the home office to clear a backlog of applications.

Starting next week, staff from the UK's visas and immigration section will begin training so they can deal with passport renewal applications.

Guys! if this is true than im screwed i need to travel in sept if i dun get my approval letter by next week i dun knw wat im gna do....plz Allah help us...
For heaven sake! Why does it always happen when they're dealing with my case lol
Can I have the link please?
Goodluck.

mash2u
Newly Registered

Post by mash2u » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:42 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... cklog.html

Check out the leaked letter at the bottom of the page :|

researcher-01
Newly Registered

Post by researcher-01 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:14 am

I hope it is not true. What I have heard/read is that staff from UK border control rather than nationality team will be shifted to passport office. link:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politic ... cklog.html

Having said that, i still think that HO is working on current applications. At least we get some status when we call HO. Also, they receive approx 10,000 AN1 applications per month so they can not afford to create backlog of naturalization application to sort our passport's backlog. Just an optimistic thought to share with members:)

mhent

Post by mhent » Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:44 am

They mentioned about this letter ( that they need 72 workers from UKVI) two weeks ago. Its not the whole workers there and everything still as it was, just expect to take a week or two extra because of staff temporary relocation. The UKVI still issuing approvals and certificates, cermonies run as usual no cancellation.

Marie1981
Newly Registered

Post by Marie1981 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:45 pm

Hi Mhent

You can see in April about a ceremony being put on hold.....unknown reason, we applied on the 2nd April, so I guess there's nothing to do but wait, they do have 6 months! :?

mhent

Post by mhent » Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:25 pm

Maria1981

I called my local council and some other councils as well all of them still receiving certificates. I was aware of workers being relocated to passport offices, but what you said about cancelling ceremonies I would say you were misinformed. I do apologise to you for the way I responded to your post the other day. I am really upset that I am not going to get my approval before I travel for a holiday to Jordan. The workers in liverpool for naturalisation applicant ( we paid 906 for them not to be transffered to another department to help in a goverment stupid mistake)
Sorry again

dalvin
Newly Registered

Post by dalvin » Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:54 am

Hello folks - can the spreadsheet be refreshed in order for us to see were we are approval wise - many thanks in advance.

king hassi

Post by king hassi » Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:39 am

60 days gone no approval yet...

sogy

Post by sogy » Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:26 am

Patience... It's been 102 days for me already.

shaheen

Post by shaheen » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:32 am

sheet10.PNG
Update Sheet
sheet10.PNG (81.87 KiB) Viewed 3039 times

ayoubtt

Post by ayoubtt » Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:51 pm

Thanks Shaheen.

Looks like a slow 50/50 so far. 5/9 approvals. No updates from anyone yesterday or today.... :( . If anyone hasnt updated please do so as we are pinning our own hopes on your success news.

The way things are going I dont think I would be able to get my daughters passport done in time for our flights 31st of July. But im happy to travel with her overseas passport and the much awaited certificate as long as it comes sooooooon. or no travel at all I guess if it doesnt.. Sigh !! :?

vladmeer
Newly Registered

Post by vladmeer » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:01 pm

Hello folks!

I have been following this thread for quite sometime but was only able to post today, so here are my details:

Eligibility criteria:
Language criteria met (UK degree, exempt countries, PBS used documents, NARIC, or B1 test): UK Masters degree + LIUK
Current nationality:
Method of application: NCS
Council name if NCS used:
Date of application: 12/05/2014
Payment method CC/DC, Personal cheque, Bankers cheque etc: CC
Date of receipt by UKBA: 13/05/2014 (Royal Mail tracking)
Date of aknowlegment: 20/05/2014 (letter received 22/05/2014)
Date of debit or clearance of fees: not sure when
Date approval received: Waiting like the others of course
Date of ceremony: Taking it easy ...still early days

Best of luck to everyone 8)

Abdulalnoor
Newly Registered

Post by Abdulalnoor » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:38 pm

Guys ... Any news ? I don't like it when It goes quite ..

1just
Newly Registered

Post by 1just » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:55 pm

I do. Due to this mess and contradicting messages sent by users, tv , radio I'm stressed enough to get anxious I'll read here another confusing me post. 50% (about) of those applying first days of May have got their approvals, I another guys still waiting. I heard info and I KNEW we gonna have delay, and my plans are , or rather were much more serious than holiday. I got nothing else left but wait and chew info all this year is wasted. Bitter realisation of biourocrasy deciding my plans and future again. Ehhh

skilled_migrant

Post by skilled_migrant » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:24 am

skilled_migrant wrote: Date of application: 08/05/2014
Date of aknowlegment: 21/05/2014[/b]
Date approval received: Waiting
Date of ceremony: Waiting
could not resist to contact Home Office, and got reply:
"I have checked our records and can confirm that no decision has yet been made on your application" :(

krish_kk
Newly Registered

Post by krish_kk » Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:53 pm

Eligibility criteria: Tier 1(General) £yrs + 2yrs + ILR 1yr
Language criteria met (UK degree, exempt countries, PBS used documents, NARIC, or B1 test):PBS used documents.
Current nationality: Indian
Method of application: NCS, Portsmouth
Council name if NCS used:Portsmouth
Date of application: 21-May-14
Payment method CC/DC, Personal cheque, Bankers cheque etc:CC
Date of receipt by UKBA:23-May-14
Date of aknowlegment:29-May-14
Date of debit or clearance of fees:29-May-14
Date approval received:Awaiting
Date of ceremony:Awaiting

dalvin
Newly Registered

Post by dalvin » Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:05 pm

Is this a sign that approvals have slowed down - :o :cry: Hopefully people will start sending goods news soon!!!