ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Requirement

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

travisonline
Newly Registered

English Requirement

Post by travisonline » Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:31 pm

I am about to apply for citizeship (by naturalisation) using the AN application form (I have been on ILR since March 2013 and my ILR eligibility was based on 5 years working in the UK on a Tier 2 visa). I realised that I have satisfied all the requirements except for English language requirement (i.e. qualification in English at B1 CEFR level). I graduated from BPP College University in London by successfully completing GDL (Graduate Diploma in Law) and LPC (Legal Practice Course). These are well known degrees required to qualify as a solicitor in the UK. Does anyone know by any chance if I still need to pass an English language test or I can rely on those degrees. The problem with those degrees is that they do not consitute a bachelor/master/PHD degree.

passion5

Re: English Requirement

Post by passion5 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:01 am

you do not need any further English Language tests, You already have level 6 which is above B1

travisonline
Newly Registered

Re: English Requirement

Post by travisonline » Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:32 pm

Passion5, many thanks for this. Would you mind post a link to a resource saying this or write a few words explaining why you think completing GDL amounts to having level 6 which is above B1. I will obviously pay fees so want to make sure they will not formally refuse my application only because I have not satsfied English language requirements.