ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Shaggy000

Re: Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Post by Shaggy000 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:36 am

My husband just a call ukba they said we are taking 8 9 months for giving reply ...just is just for pakistan islamabad ...dont know why they do this ??

saf786
Member of Standing

Post by saf786 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:18 am

khawaja9 wrote:
Untitled.jpg
Xiko wrote:Hello everyone

Pls kindly tell me if ppl submitted their cases with TOEIC A1 still waiting or they issuing visa for them as submitted in dec2013 will that be ok?

my MP found out my case on hold due to problem with english language provider TOEIC/ ETS. i submited my case in Oct. as per attachment there should not be issue.
Why are they putting cases on hold which are related to English test.. I thought it was just because of financial requirement

woolies

Post by woolies » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:02 pm

Hi Fellow Members,

My Mrs applied for her spouse visa back in December 2013, we have been emailing them but they keep sending us same usual reply, its just now gone over 6 months and their reply has changed to ''we will escalate this matter to relevant team etc.

Its so much stress on both of us now, I recently had cardiac arrest luckily I was in emergency. Is there any way we can find out whether application in on hold or not been touched yet.

Thanks All
AOA

Kuffs
Newly Registered

Post by Kuffs » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:33 pm

Hi Guys,

I have been looking at this board for a while now and i thought i'd share my case. I applied under Cat A for my wife on the 24/12/13 in Islamabad it was forwarded to BHC on the 7/1/14 and we have been waiting ever since.

I have emailed the enquires a few times now, the first time (in March) they said an officer had not yet looked at it. In May they said that it was being processed since 5/4/14 (gave an exact date) and i emailed again in June stating it was under process.

Since then i have got my MP involved and i have emailed ukbi twice and i have had no response, once ont he 25th and once on the 30th - my MP has said he will get back to me once he gets a response from them, so i am waiting on that.

But overall it has been over 24 weeks, 120 working days and it is stressful.

Anything more i can do, in your guys' experience?

AHMED.46001

Post by AHMED.46001 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:59 pm

Kuffs wrote:Hi Guys,

I have been looking at this board for a while now and i thought i'd share my case. I applied under Cat A for my wife on the 24/12/13 in Islamabad it was forwarded to BHC on the 7/1/14 and we have been waiting ever since.

I have emailed the enquires a few times now, the first time (in March) they said an officer had not yet looked at it. In May they said that it was being processed since 5/4/14 (gave an exact date) and i emailed again in June stating it was under process.

Since then i have got my MP involved and i have emailed ukbi twice and i have had no response, once ont he 25th and once on the 30th - my MP has said he will get back to me once he gets a response from them, so i am waiting on that.

But overall it has been over 24 weeks, 120 working days and it is stressful.

Anything more i can do, in your guys' experience?
Unfortunately not much more can be done are you using the new tracking system to email or the old visaenquirys email address. I would try the new system if you haven't already.
WIFE SUBMITTED: 01/08/13 (ISL)
INTERVIEW: 13/05/14
RFC: 21/05/14
DATE REJECTED: 28/04/14 (hmm.. Makes sense)
APPEALED: 29/05/14
DEADLINE: 04/11/14
HEARING: 8/01/15
APPEAL GRANTED: 20/01/15

AHMED.46001

Post by AHMED.46001 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:06 pm

Salam to all
Congrats to those who got there visas.
Got back recently from Pakistan. Went to visit my wife.

@sophia
Been catching up on the missed posts. Shame about the visa my duas are with you. Its amazing though how our applications were on the same day and were rejected with the same ridiculous reason. Anyway we'll see what happens I'm hoping that evidence from HMRC will be enough to have the decision overturned. Since you are re-applying you might get a quicker response.

the_silk_route

Post by the_silk_route » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:45 pm

Is there an online tracking service to track the status of the visa application?

We submitted the application on the 24/06/2014, but my wife didn't opt for the text message service as she had no smaller notes to pay with.

Is there a service where we can log onto to check if it has been forwarded to the BHC or not, and to check the status?

Thanks

musriz
Member of Standing

Post by musriz » Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:22 pm

AHMED.46001 wrote:Salam to all

@sophia
Been catching up on the missed posts. Shame about the visa my duas are with you. Its amazing though how our applications were on the same day and were rejected with the same ridiculous reason. Anyway we'll see what happens I'm hoping that evidence from HMRC will be enough to have the decision overturned. Since you are re-applying you might get a quicker response.
Salam Ahmed.. good to see ur back.
I see from your timeline signature you have appealed and not re-applied.
Firstly did you get your employment history from HMRC and did they have up to date records of your second job ?
Lastly why did you choose to appeal and not re-apply as the whole appeal process will take alot longer. Re-applying these days is just alot quicker.
Applied 17th Jan 2014
VAC Mirpur
Category A (Husband)
Called for Interview 3rd July 2014
ALHAMDHULILLAH VISA GRANTED SAME DAY
Total 117 working days

ALWAYSHOPE
Member of Standing

Post by ALWAYSHOPE » Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:17 pm

my MP found out my case on hold due to problem with english language provider TOEIC/ ETS. i submited my case in Oct. as per attachment there should not be issue.[/quote]

Why are they putting cases on hold which are related to English test.. I thought it was just because of financial requirement[/quote]

Thats what i thought too until last week my MP told me that they are also putting applications on hold even if they meet the requirement or not. Now im even more confused !

Heres a copy of the email from my MP:

"I have been told that those who are at or near (including those like you who are above) the threshold are being put on hold. This is because the threshold may be raised which will mean that those who are at or near it would no longer meet the requirement.

Therefore this is not a decision that is taken by the Home Office, but by the High Court which is, quite rightly, independent of Government."
Submitted Application: Feb 2012
Application Refused: Jul 2012
Appealed: Unsuccessfull
Reapplied: 27th Sep 2013
Application hold - Jan 2014
RFC: 26th August 2014
Result: Alhamdulillah Visa Granted - All thanks to Allah and your prayers

musriz
Member of Standing

Post by musriz » Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:45 pm

ALWAYSHOPE wrote:my MP found out my case on hold due to problem with english language provider TOEIC/ ETS. i submited my case in Oct. as per attachment there should not be issue.
Why are they putting cases on hold which are related to English test.. I thought it was just because of financial requirement[/quote]

Thats what i thought too until last week my MP told me that they are also putting applications on hold even if they meet the requirement or not. Now im even more confused !

Heres a copy of the email from my MP:

"I have been told that those who are at or near (including those like you who are above) the threshold are being put on hold. This is because the threshold may be raised which will mean that those who are at or near it would no longer meet the requirement.

Therefore this is not a decision that is taken by the Home Office, but by the High Court which is, quite rightly, independent of Government."[/quote]

This MP doesnt know what he/she is talking about.
Even if the income threshold was raised we would still fall under the rules in place now.
Applied 17th Jan 2014
VAC Mirpur
Category A (Husband)
Total 117 working days

the_silk_route

Post by the_silk_route » Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:38 pm

ALWAYSHOPE wrote: "I have been told that those who are at or near (including those like you who are above) the threshold are being put on hold. This is because the threshold may be raised which will mean that those who are at or near it would no longer meet the requirement.

Therefore this is not a decision that is taken by the Home Office, but by the High Court which is, quite rightly, independent of Government."
That is completely incorrect in my opinion.

So what is being implied is that everyone who DOES meet the income rules, will be put on hold until further notice, just in case they decide to raise the threshold?

There is no mention of this anywhere in the information provided by the Home Office, and also, what if they don't raise the threshold for another 3 years? You're spouse's visa is going to be hanging for 3 years? Or will they just say "oh, you meet the criteria, but we're going to refuse you anyway"? :roll:

You meet the rules and criteria set out by the home office, you get your visa. Provided all documents are correct and original and everything is genuine!

Your MP has got incorrect info. If that was the case, where do they draw the line as to where they will grant people who do meet the financial requirement visas?
21k and you're on hold, 22k? 23k? 24k? 25k? 30k? 50k? 60k?

A really vague point made with no real evidence, facts or information to back it up.

It's just lazy ECOs who can't be bothered to grant visas quick enough!

AHMED.46001

Post by AHMED.46001 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:04 pm

musriz wrote:

@sophia
Salam Ahmed.. good to see ur back.
I see from your timeline signature you have appealed and not re-applied.
Firstly did you get your employment history from HMRC and did they have up to date records of your second job ?
Lastly why did you choose to appeal and not re-apply as the whole appeal process will take alot longer. Re-applying these days is just alot quicker.
Wasalam thanks good to be back
I've managed to get employment history which shows my jobs were registered well before i applied. Also one of the guys i spoke to at HMRC was kind enough to send me a letter stating the name of my second employer and the trade name he is under. There may have been a confusion because the payslips show the trade name but the employer is registered with his own name.
I decided to appeal because i consulted an immigration solicitor with a good reputation and he recommended an appeal because he's confident the decision will be overturned without going to court. I hope he's right. I suppose if it drags that far i can just withdraw and re-apply but i'm hoping for the best.
Last edited by AHMED.46001 on Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

prayforus
Member of Standing

Post by prayforus » Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:06 pm

They can't withhold visa's that meet the financial requirement. Why have a requirement in the first place set out at £18,600? If they'll only put you on hold. MP has been given incorrect information.

No news on my wife's application as of today. Just the same they're doing their 'checks'.

Kuffs
Newly Registered

Post by Kuffs » Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:22 pm

Thanks for the reply Ahmed,

I am using the ukbi enquiries email and have been for a while. Is there a newer system than this? If so, could you please tell me what that is? Thanks

AHMED.46001

Post by AHMED.46001 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:42 pm

Kuffs wrote:Thanks for the reply Ahmed,

I am using the ukbi enquiries email and have been for a while. Is there a newer system than this? If so, could you please tell me what that is? Thanks
As far as i know the latest way of enquiring is to fill the email form and wait for them to get back to you. There is an option to call as well but they charge. This is the link:

https://ukvi-international.faq-help.com

Xiko

Post by Xiko » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:01 pm

abdulraheem123

Post by abdulraheem123 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:05 pm

Salaam

Does anybody know that when submitting the wedding photos with the application, is it a necessity to include a picture of the bride signing the Nikah papers? or is this not really needed?

Safikazmi12

Post by Safikazmi12 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:52 pm

abdulraheem123 wrote:Salaam

Does anybody know that when submitting the wedding photos with the application, is it a necessity to include a picture of the bride signing the Nikah papers? or is this not really needed?
Yeah u can attach but as per my advise please submit that pics in which ur relatives r sitting with both of u..that will make a reason for them that this is a genuine marriage
MY TIMELINE:
APPLICATION DATE: 20 JANUARY 2014 (ISLAMABAD)
RFC: Visa Granted on 23-09-2014

saf786
Member of Standing

Post by saf786 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 10:56 pm

abdulraheem123 wrote:Salaam

It's not necessary .. They just want to see your wedding pictures of u 2 together and family involved maybe.. Or even u 2 together on outings... It's just to prove that u 2 have met :-)

ALWAYSHOPE
Member of Standing

Post by ALWAYSHOPE » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:15 pm

I really hope you all are right and that the MP gave me incorrect information. I did email back saying that this is lies because you hear every week that someone visa is granted therefore this information cannot be right and MP, actually not MP, but her assistant emailed what i already wrote.

I can start hoping again :)
Submitted Application: Feb 2012
Application Refused: Jul 2012
Appealed: Unsuccessfull
Reapplied: 27th Sep 2013
Application hold - Jan 2014
RFC: 26th August 2014
Result: Alhamdulillah Visa Granted - All thanks to Allah and your prayers

sophia20

Post by sophia20 » Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:48 pm

@sophia
Lol thought u had left for good :)
Thanks, my application was a mess tho lol hopefully we will re-apply by January, I'm hoping this time next year we will get good news. Appeal takes along time, hope u get good news soon!! :)

yasen

Post by yasen » Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:23 am

salaam

Plz guys n girls i need your help. Its my wifes interview tommrw at islamabad we applied under dla plz can anyone help what will they ask us. My wifes worried. we appled in jan 28

musriz
Member of Standing

Post by musriz » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:50 am

My husband received a call today from the BHC.
They have called him for an interview tomorrow morning.
I find it really strange after so long they couldnt find anything else to refuse us so will interogate him tomorrow and try to look for something in the interview.
Applied 17th Jan 2014
VAC Mirpur
Category A (Husband)
Total 117 working days

the_silk_route

Post by the_silk_route » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:58 am

musriz wrote:My husband received a call today from the BHC.
They have called him for an interview tomorrow morning.
I find it really strange after so long they couldnt find anything else to refuse us so will interogate him tomorrow and try to look for something in the interview.
What category did you apply under and where from, and is it the first time you are applying or have you applied and been rejected before?

Also, did they ask you to submit any extra documents previously?

AHMED.46001

Post by AHMED.46001 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 9:59 am

sophia20 wrote:

@sophia
Lol thought u had left for good :)
Thanks, my application was a mess tho lol hopefully we will re-apply by January, I'm hoping this time next year we will get good news. Appeal takes along time, hope u get good news soon!! :)
Yeah I was tempted to not just leave this forum but everything in life and just lock myself in a cupboard. After reconsidering I thought it might just cause more damage than good lol.
I hope you get good news with your new application. InshaAllah we will all get there soon. I will keep you guys informed with whats going on. This forum has been very helpful so its the least I can do.