ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application of an EEA family permit

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

malfayez
Newly Registered

Application of an EEA family permit

Post by malfayez » Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:23 pm

Dear All
Just wondering if anyone have any experience with Application for an EEA family permit from the UK
https://www.gov.uk/family-permit

I uk citizen and I live with my wife and 2 children ( all in spouse/dependent visa). I was wondering if anyone had an experience with application for EEA family permit from the uk. How long does it take normally. I worried that they will hold out passports more than 6 months.

Any comments will be highly appreciated

Many thanks for all of you

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Application of an EEA family permit

Post by chaoclive » Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:25 pm

Family members of British citizens don't normally qualify for the EEA family permit. This is for family members of EEA citizens who are in/are planning to move to the UK. The EEA family permit is not available in the UK. You have to apply at a British overseas posts, e.g. Embassy.

If you have worked in another EEA country (with your family with you) before, you should be able to apply for residence cards for your family in the UK. You can Google: EEA2 residence card.

If you haven't worked in another EEA country before, then your spouse should should apply for the UK spouse visa (I don't know anything about it: sorry).

malfayez
Newly Registered

Re: Application of an EEA family permit

Post by malfayez » Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:57 pm

Thanks a lot chaoclive much appreciated