ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please Advice. Wrong ROR letter

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Jgorf

Please Advice. Wrong ROR letter

Post by Jgorf » Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:25 pm

Hello,

I have just received my residence card following divorce from eea spouse. I applied via self employed route and I must comment UKBA for processing my application in 1 month.

HOWEVER.. sadly the letter that came with the residence cards states that I am still dependent on eea.
It says
"At the present your only claim to remain in the UK is as a family member of EEA who is exercising treaty rights here" if your family member decided to leave UK or ceases to exercise treaty rights you would have to qualify to remain in Uk on your own right"
The directorate should be notified if family member leaves , ceases to excersise treaty rights or if you cease to be a family member"

This is exactly the letter I received with my first EEA . And I think this is absolutely wrong.

Please what do I do. Do I phone UKBA it write them a letter.

If I am to write a letter, who do I address it to and to what address. For calls are there any landline numbers now.

The letter states name of the person that signed it.

PleSe help!!! I need to travel abroad

missy4real
Newly Registered

Re: Please Advice. Wrong ROR letter

Post by missy4real » Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:40 pm

Hi Jgorf,

I think you should ring first, or u can write a letter directing it to the caseworker whose name appears on the letter.

I am also about to apply for my ROR via self employed route.Please I would like to know if it was ur self employed details that u put in section 7 of the form or ur ex. And also ifu filled section 3 or the form. Your reply is much appreciated.

Jgorf

Post by Jgorf » Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:16 pm

missy4real wrote:Hi Jgorf,

I think you should ring first, or u can write a letter directing it to the caseworker whose name appears on the letter.

I am also about to apply for my ROR via self employed route.Please I would like to know if it was ur self employed details that u put in section 7 of the form or ur ex. And also ifu filled section 3 or the form. Your reply is much appreciated.
it is my ex husband that is self employed

sec 7 is for EEA self employment details

Yes i completed sec 3
ensure you include the enough proof to show that eea national worked during the period of divorce till dissolution. and then include proof that you are working from the period divorce was made final

Jgorf

Post by Jgorf » Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:20 pm

please is there someone that have written a letter to UKBA to issue correct letter. what is the procedure and which postal address should this be addressed to sit on the phone for 40 -1hr waiting to speak to the customer service