ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Eu1 Treaty Rights or Student Visa

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Robvik17
Newly Registered

Eu1 Treaty Rights or Student Visa

Post by Robvik17 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:03 pm

Hello lads,

I'm Venezuelan but I'm married with an Italian (5 years ago)

We've arrived to Ireland last Sunday (21th of June) and the immigration officer gave me just 3 weeks to stay in Ireland, yes 3 weeks instead 3 months.

Well, I have only 2 weeks to apply for EU1 treaty rights, the problem is that we have just arrived and my wife hasn't found a job yet. Also, we are moving to a rent apartment tomorrow (30th of June), so maybe I won't have enough time to get an utility bill under our names, neither enough time to get the leasing agreement subscribed under the Private Residential Tenancies Board (I need a letter of registration issued by them).

So, I don't know what to do. Maybe, it is better that I subscribe in an English course for 1 year so I could get student Visa, during that year I suppose that my wife will get a job and I could apply for the EU1 rights with all the requirements asked by immigration.

The problem is that it is very difficult to find a job with student visa, also I would have to assist to English classes and honestly I need to start to make money as soon as possible and, an English course will cost me at least €1.000 plus the visa cost another €300.

So, my questions are:

1.- Can I apply for the EU treaty rights sending a letter explaining the job situation and why we are not sending other documents? Obviously, once I get the rest of the requirements I'll send them

2.- can I go to the Garda and request an extension of those 3 weeks that the airport immigration officer gave me when I arrived in Ireland?

Thanks and sorry for my English.

agniukas

Re: Eu1 Treaty Rights or Student Visa

Post by agniukas » Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:28 pm

you can go to the local immigration office and ask for extension of your permission, up to 3 months from the date of your entry, in order for you to have enough time to submit the application for EUTR. Take your spouse with you, both passports and marriage certificate.
You can submit EUTR application as soon as your spouse gets a job. send as many documents as you have at that stage, and the remainder can be forwarded later on.