ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Successful PEO/PSC ILR applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

abid4u
Newly Registered

Successful PEO/PSC ILR applications

Post by abid4u » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:13 pm

Hi Amber/Moderators,
As people happily share their PEO experiences for ILR applications, I thought wouldn't it be a good idea to have a sticky post with some kind of template along the below lines so that all these successful stories are not lost in 1000s of post and are readily available for people's assistance. We have something similar for Tier 2, MN1, etc., which are of great help. Please let me know what you think.

1. Category.
2. Number of dependents.
3. Total cost.
4. PEO branch.
5. Documents provided.
6. Absences more than 180 days in any of the qualifying years.
7. Any Additional Comments.

Amber
Mood:

Re: Successful PEO ILR applications

Post by Amber » Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:27 am

I have made this sticky but this will be subject to the thread staying on track and not turning into chaos.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

ilrcandidate
Newly Registered

Post by ilrcandidate » Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:05 pm

1. Category: Tier 2 General
2. Number of dependents: 1
3. Tot. cost: £2986
4. PEO branch: Croydon
5. Documents provided:
Old Passport (1)
Current Passports (1+1)
BRP cards (1+1)
Application form (1)
Appointment letter
Payment letter
Photographs (2+2)
3 months payslips
3 months bank statement
Life in the UK test (1)
KOL (UKNAIRIC + ESOL)
Marriage Certificate (1)
Absences less than 1 month: No employer letter, but provided enough evidence like leave entitlement, payslips, bank statements, personal letter, itinerary, boarding pass, etc.,

6. Absences more than 180 days in any of the qualifying years: No
7. Any Additional Comments: Keep the file as simple as possible. Went in at 13:45 hrs, out at 16:15.

wf
Member of Standing

Post by wf » Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:43 pm

Date: 30/6/14 (MOD - may want to add this to the template at the top)

1. Category.
Tier 1 General
2. Number of dependents.
None
3. Total cost.
£1493
4. PEO branch.
Croydon
5. Documents provided.
Application form
Points Summary
Appointment letter
Payment letter
Old Passport (1)
Current Passports (1)
BRP card (1)
Photographs (2)
9 months payslips
Salary Summary spreadsheet showing monthly payments and total as claimed
9 months bank statement
Life in the UK test (1)
Absences spreadsheet as I had quite a few (230 days total)
Employer letter listing absences (Employed by them for last 2.5 years, submitted nothing from previous employer)
Photocopies of all supporting documents
None
Application accepted at 2.10pm, received back approved at 4.30pm with no further questions.
I applied exactly 28 days before expiry of my T1 (27/7/14)
My case was quite straightforward - all income from salary, no convictions etc

wf
Member of Standing

Post by wf » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:34 am

Received my BRP today (3/7/11), 3 days after appointment.

Latecarrot

Post by Latecarrot » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:58 am

hi ilrcandidate

when you applied for your ILR under Tier 2, was it under new entrant salary or experienced worker?

i am due to apply soon but i am not yet earning experienced salary wages after five years.

regards

ilrcandidate wrote:1. Category: Tier 2 General
2. Number of dependents: 1
3. Tot. cost: £2986
4. PEO branch: Croydon
5. Documents provided:
Old Passport (1)
Current Passports (1+1)
BRP cards (1+1)
Application form (1)
Appointment letter
Payment letter
Photographs (2+2)
3 months payslips
3 months bank statement
Life in the UK test (1)
KOL (UKNAIRIC + ESOL)
Marriage Certificate (1)
Absences less than 1 month: No employer letter, but provided enough evidence like leave entitlement, payslips, bank statements, personal letter, itinerary, boarding pass, etc.,

7. Any Additional Comments: Keep the file as simple as possible. Went in at 13:45 hrs, out at 16:15.

ilrsept2014
Newly Registered

Post by ilrsept2014 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:44 pm

Hi ilrcandidate,
Did they ask for evidence of the absence?
Was the absence paid?

Thanks!

kimbrulait
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by kimbrulait » Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:12 am

1. Category.
Tier 1 (General) to ILR
2. Number of dependents.
1 extending Tier 1 (General) visa for 3 years
3. Total cost. £1493 for ILR w/ premium appointment and £2007 for Tier 1 dependent extension with premium appointment
4. PEO branch.
Croydon
5. Documents provided.
2 photos of each applicant in sealed envelope
3 passports from main applicant (yeah... I have travelled so much I ran out of pages in a passport!)
1 Biometric card
2 passports from dependent
Photocopies of ID info in passports, all visas, and all passport stamps given during the time we have lived in the UK
12 months bank statements, stamped on each page by bank and photocopied
Letter from current employer confirming salary gross and net payments from period claiming
Life in the UK confirmation
Letter from main applicant outlining all travel in last 5 yeas from 2009 to present (Excel table pasted in word doc)
Letters from employers (2) from 2011 to 2014 with dates of travel I listed on company letterhead confirming travel for business and holiday.
In addition for Tier 1 dependent extension:
Police registration (from Algeria)
Letter from main applicant stating financial responsibility and explaining why funds are in my name (just for clarification because application form doesn't make any indication of funds in main applicant's name for Tier 1 General

NONE
I brought a lot of extra documents just in case. But the above is all that I provided. I was worried because my husband was given a summary offence a couple months ago with community service required as his penalty. I have seen a lot on forums asking about including this...I included this and wrote out the sentence of community service. My husband had the court documents with him but we did not include them. We were not asked about it.

I scheduled the appointments online and selected ILR using SET (0) + 1 dependent. When we arrived at the reception I explained that we had 2 different applications and they said I hadn't paid enough and showed me the fee schedule. Because our applications are different we each need to pay a separate £400 for the premium appointment! Well its stressful when you are waiting but when you get approved you just kinda think...hey we get to stay!!!! yay!!! Anyway, we zipped through the biometrics and case worker inputting into the system and were told there was an IT problem causing delays and advised though applications normally take 30 minutes this would take longer. At various times during the day we were told we could go out for lunch but my husband was fasting so we just stayed in the cafe area. At some point we were told it might not be possible to finish the applications and if we didn't get an answer we would be refunded the appointment costs. About 1:30pm a case worker called my mobile to let me know that all was ok and that we could go to lunch and come back that they couldn't give us an approval until the biometrics system had been fixed. A few minutes later they told everyone that we would have to have our biometrics taken again. At 3:30pm finally we got our file with letters saying that our applications had been approved and we will receive biometrics cards in 7 working days.

It's worth mentioning my husband's perceptions. First, he sincerely regretted what led him to getting issued a summary offence and took some big steps to change things. He realised in the weeks leading up to this appointment how much it meant to him and I to stay here and was in a bit of agony and sees the experience as a blessing in disguise. He really had a culture shock and found it difficult to be away from friends and having to learn a new language (he speaks French and Arabic). Anyway I share this for if there is one person out there that is in a similar situation...press on!! Also my husband was very impressed with the professionalism of the people at the Croydon office. He is not particularly religious but each year he practices fasting and praying during Ramadan. When we walked into the cafe he was immediately surprised by a sign that Halal hot dogs were available. Later as we were sitting waiting I told him where he could find the men's prayer room. You can't believe the look of surprise he had...a prayer room at the UKBA office??? He later said he was so happy and was very much reminded of why we chose to live in this beautiful country. He said the prayer room was clean and tidy, with mats available and indications of where to put your mat/direction to pray as well as a place to wash hands before praying. I'm Canadian, and I met my husband in France. The day we met I told him I wanted to stay in the UK and did not want to move back to France. It was really like a blessing that on the day I got my ILR status, he had an experience that reminded him of how fortunate we are to live in such an amazing country.

Good luck to all! :D

singh123
Newly Registered

Post by singh123 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:17 pm

I am going to apply in august as well, but just not sure about absences out of UK. I have below 60 days of absences in 5 years of time. I am on tier 1 , employed...do I have to get letter from employer to clarify these absences??? actually these were not work related absences. I have attached e-tickets and my passport with all stamps in it..will I be fine??
any expert???

kimbrulait
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by kimbrulait » Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:12 am

singh123 wrote:I am going to apply in august as well, but just not sure about absences out of UK. I have below 60 days of absences in 5 years of time. I am on tier 1 , employed...do I have to get letter from employer to clarify these absences??? actually these were not work related absences. I have attached e-tickets and my passport with all stamps in it..will I be fine??
any expert???
Everywhere I read the common agreement was there is a lack of consistent approach from solicitors, consultants and UKBA staff. I believe the point is to help the case worker make sure you tick all the boxes. If you haven't travelled too much it shouldn't be a breeze. Following the guidance, in my 2 employer letters, it states the days I travelled and that the trips were business or that the time off fell within my annual leave. Just for good measure I included a letter signed by me listing all trips.

K

natalisain

Post by natalisain » Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:56 pm

Hi

Thanks for sharing the information.

I have a question - some members have said that they showed 9 months of payslips or bank statements for ILR application, some said 12 months and some 3 months.

So, what is the actual requirement for the maintainance? How many months of payslips and bank statements do we need to show for ILR?

Thanks
Natalie

mak1986
Newly Registered

Post by mak1986 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:14 pm

02/08/2014

1. Category.
Tier 1 Genral to ILR ( 5 Years )

2. Number of dependents.
1 dependent. (Spouse, who came to UK in March, 2012 )

3. Total cost.
£ 2986.00

4. PEO branch.
Sheffield

5. Documents provided.

I made the following appendix list for all my documents and put the appendix index on top so case worker could have find documents easily. Also I put all appendices separately in transparent bags and sealed them, and upon return of documents I have noticed some of the appendices not even checked as they were still sealed.

S.No. DOCUMENTS APPENDIX

1 PASSPORT - MAIN APPLICANT APPENDIX "A"
2 PASSPORT - DEPENDANT APPENDIX "A"
3 BRP - MAIN APPLICANT APPENDIX "B"
4 BRP - DEPENDANT APPENDIX "B"
5 LIFE IN UK TEST - MAIN APPLICANT APPENDIX "C"
6 LIFE IN UK TEST - DEPENDANT APPENDIX "C"
7 B1 CERTIFICATE - DEPENDANT APPENDIX "D"
8 ABSENT SUMMARY APPENDIX "E"
9 LETTER FROM EMPLOYER (SECTION 6) APPENDIX "E"
10 SALARY SUMMARY APPENDIX "F"
11 PAYSLIPS APPENDIX "F"
12 BANK STATEMENT APPENDIX "G"
13 MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE APPENDIX "H"
14 COHABILIATION EVIDENCE - DEPENDANT APPENDIX "I"

I had P60 as well which I didn't include in the list but kept them in case they asked for. ( not been asked )

No - I had total 80 absences in last 5 years.

Entered into PEO at 10:25, Application was taken and registered at 10:35 and application was returned back to us @ 11:30.
Keep your case as SIMPLE as you can, " MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE " , " ABSENCE SUMMARY ", Absence Letter from Employer " were not even checked and opened by case workers. In cohabiliation evidence my Council Tax and Voter register document was the only paper which was checked and rest stayed in the file.

Hope this is helpful for everyone

goingbrit

Post by goingbrit » Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:05 pm

1. Category. Tier 1 (SET O)

2. Number of dependents. 1 (UK born baby)

3. Total cost. £2986

4. PEO branch. Croydon

5. Documents provided.

12 months payslips
12months bank statements
Employer letter stating all absences work or paid leave
Absence list
Earnings spreadsheet
Points calculator printout for qualification points/English language
liUK certificate
Payment sheet and appointment email
SET O form

6. Absences more than 180 days in any of the qualifying years. No

We arrived at 915 for 935 appointment. My husband and older child had 1015 SET O appointment but they let us all in together (separate tokens given at reception). Called for case registration in about 20 minutes. This took a while, and I had to give my husband authorisation to apply for settlement for my older child (so if only one parent is going, take authorisation!). Biometrics was about 10 minutes wait after this. Taking a picture of the baby was quite hard, but two ladies brought out lots of toys and really entertained him and managed to get at least one usable one. Then we waited for biometric verification, this was actually what took the longest, about half an hour. Consideration of our case literally took 10 minutes (moving from "under consideration" to "ready for collection") . My husband and older child's case took a little bit longer, maybe 20 minutes. Then collection took a few minutes as there seemed to be only a couple of counters for this, but we had all our documents back in our hands by 1130.

Thanks to everyone who reported their experiences and answered my questions on here, it was so much better to go in with lots of information, even though my case was totally straightforward.

goingbrit

Post by goingbrit » Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:14 pm

Just adding to the above that my appointment was on 4/8 and we received all BRPs this morning, 6/8! :D

Bnod009
Newly Registered

Post by Bnod009 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:00 pm

Date: 07/08/2014

1. Category.
Tier 1 General

2. Number of dependents.
None

3. Total cost.
£1493

4. PEO branch.
Croydon

5. Documents provided.
Application form
PBS Summary
Appointment letter
Payment letter
Current Passports (1)
BRP card (1)
Photographs (2)
12 months payslips
Salary Summary spreadsheet showing monthly payments and total as claimed
12 months bank statement
Life in the UK test (1)
UK degree Certificate
Absences spreadsheet (166 days total comprising paid plus unpaid absences)
Employer letter listing paid absences
Nothing provided for unpaid leave
Photocopies of all supporting documents

None

Application accepted at 8:00 AM, received back approved at 8:20 AM with no further questions. And yes, it was very quick.

gautam.more
Newly Registered

Post by gautam.more » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:58 pm

Hi,
Could you please share the format for employees letter for work related absence?

aragon

Post by aragon » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:13 am

Date: 12/08/2014

1. Category.
- Tier 1 General

2. Number of dependents.

3. Total cost.
- £5972

4. PEO branch.
- Croydon

5. Documents provided.
-Payment Sheet
-Appointment Confirmation Email
-Set O Form (Version 7/14)

Original & Photocopies of following:

-Passports
-Brps
-LIUK Test Certificates (Mine & Wifes)
-Bachelors Degree Certificate of Wife from Gujarat University
-Letter from Gujarat University confirming medium of instruction as English.
-Printout of Point Based Calculator confirming the points awarded to the above degree. 30 for Qualification and 10 for English language. I used Tier 2 in the point based calculator for her.
-Masters Degree Certificate from Andhra University for Me.
-Printout of Point Based Calculator confirming the points awarded to the above degree. 35 for qualification and 10 for English language. I used Tier 1 in point based calculator for me.
-12 month payslips
-12 month bank statements
-5 year p60s
-Letter from Employer confirming absenses and salary figure for last 1 year.

Cohabitation docs:

-Marriage Certificate
-Birth Certificates of kids
-3 year Barclays bank statement in joint name
-wife's credit card statement for last 3 years
-Tenancy agreements for past 2 years in joint name
-Council tax bills for past 4 years in joint name.
-Water Bill for past 3 years in joint name
- 1 doctor letter dated june 2011.

6. Absences more than 180 days in any of the qualifying years. - No. Only 48 days out of UK. All on annual leaves.

Appointment Time was 8:30. Went there at 7:50. Was out at 10:30. Bio-meteric verification took the longest. Case consideration took 20 mins. Maybe cuz I had a straight forward case.

Note. I didn't got any naric certificates. Point base calculator printout worked fine for both of us.

sab516
India

Post by sab516 » Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:55 pm

Many thanks to all gurus, moderators, senior member and other members for keeping an informative forum alive with comments, suggestions, experiences.
I had a strange experience when the case entry operator returned my cover letter saying this is not required. When I suggested that case worker may need these to understand more about my situation and points claiming criteria , she said that they will have all these from my previous Home office application records!! She didn't even think that applicants earnings situations can be different in a current application as compared to a previous one. Ultimately, I had to go with what she said and I removed my nicely drafted cover letter from the submission pack.

The biggest surprise was when I realised that I had not submitted an excel format detailing my personal absences of 140 days.coz this was stapled with my cover letter, which was returned as the first thing. The case worker never demanded these when he worked through my case. Second strange thing for me, considering people have been posting confusions and questions on absences less than 180 days.

Total time taken from to token issuance to decision was 2.5 hours.

1. Category- Tier 1 general
2. Number of dependents- 0
3. Total cost-£1493.00
4. PEO branch- Cardiff 16 Aug 2014
5. Documents provided:
Mine was a straightforward case. Permanent employment in last 12 months. But had a mix of permanent and contracting( ltd company) work in last 4 years before ILR qualifying period. No evidence of these were demanded.
07/2014 version SET(O)
2 photos ( although one was returned along with returned document pack)
12 months salary slips- signed and stamped by employer
12 months original bank statements
LIUK PASS CERTIFICATE
Print out of UKVI points based calculator- but this was returned at the end of application process
Original bachelor of engineering degree certificate- Indian university, which is recognised on PBS

6. Absences more than 180 days in any of the qualifying years - No, had 140 days absence in last 5 years. All personal.no evidence or detailed absence sheet provided.
7. Any Additional Comments- Although I had carried all my 5 years payslips, all previous P60, previous Home Office letters and itinerary/boarding passes for all absences , none of these were demanded.

I will be happy to answer any questions. Thanks and good luck to all.

skumar123a

Post by skumar123a » Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:47 am

aragon wrote:Date: 12/08/2014

-Printout of Point Based Calculator confirming the points awarded to the above degree. 30 for Qualification and 10 for English language. I used Tier 2 in the point based calculator for her.

-Letter from Employer confirming absenses and salary figure for last 1 year.

Hi

Can you please answer my question

1. For getting a printout from points based calculator for my wife I used Tier-2. But I dont see any any points for her degree. All I can see is 10 points given for English language.
If possible please send me an example screenshot. That would be of great help (Email: skumar0719@gmail.com)

Regards
Satish

sab516
India

Post by sab516 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:47 am

satishbellapu wrote: 1. My wife has a degree certificate, which says medium of teaching is english. Is this sufficient for her English requirement?
2. In the absences section 6.2 of SET(O) form, if I enter all my absences as personal, do I have to fill the evidence section (6.3) or can i leave it blank (without ticking any options).
3. DO I have to include a separate sheet of absences for my wife?
Hi Satish, from my experience and knowledge the answers would be:
1. I have assumed you wife's university does not appear in PBS. In which case you would need NARIAC Statement of Comparability to prove that the level of qualification is equivalent to UK bachelors AND the words "medium of instruction was english" on either the degree or a separate letter from university.
If the University appears on PBS, then no other evidence is required except original degree cert.
2. I had left section 6.3 blank, although after filling 6.2
3. No, I dont think dependants absences details will be of any importance to the case worker. Going by the form and guidance notes, I dont see UKVI demanding these.

skumar123a

Post by skumar123a » Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:18 am

sab516 wrote:
satishbellapu wrote: 1. My wife has a degree certificate, which says medium of teaching is english. Is this sufficient for her English requirement?
2. In the absences section 6.2 of SET(O) form, if I enter all my absences as personal, do I have to fill the evidence section (6.3) or can i leave it blank (without ticking any options).
3. DO I have to include a separate sheet of absences for my wife?
Hi Satish, from my experience and knowledge the answers would be:
1. I have assumed you wife's university does not appear in PBS. In which case you would need NARIAC Statement of Comparability to prove that the level of qualification is equivalent to UK bachelors AND the words "medium of instruction was english" on either the degree or a separate letter from university.
If the University appears on PBS, then no other evidence is required except original degree cert.
2. I had left section 6.3 blank, although after filling 6.2
3. No, I dont think dependants absences details will be of any importance to the case worker. Going by the form and guidance notes, I dont see UKVI demanding these.

Hi

Thanks for the reply.
1. Yes, my wife has a degree which is recognised in the PBS calculator. Her degree certificate says her degree medium of teaching is English.
2.I will leave section 6.3 blank
3. Thank god.

Thanks

Riz2727
Newly Registered

Post by Riz2727 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:13 pm

Dear Members,

I have a question which might be odd for this group but would appreciate if anyone can assist. Also let me know if there is a contact number to get in touch with Home office directly with regards to below.

I hold Pakistani passport and hold Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK. Recently I have been offered nationality of another country (my country of birth) which would mean I will have to give up my Pakistani nationality as I cannot hold dual nationality with the new nationality.

My question is if I get new passport, how would it affect my Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK.

Thank you

Riz

akodalikar
Newly Registered

Post by akodalikar » Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:29 pm

1. Category: Tier-2 (Intra-Company Transfer)
2. Number of dependents: 2
3. Total cost: £4479
4. PEO branch: Cardiff
5. Documents provided:
• Application form -Set(O)
• Appointment booking email print out
• Payment sheet
• Passport Photographs: 3*2
• Passports = 3 (photocopy of first page, last page & page having first UK entry stamp)
• BRP cards= 3
• Letter from Employer
• Payslips 12 months
• Life in the UK test: 2 certificates
• KOLL for main applicant: PBS print out & original degree certificate
• KOLL for dependent: PBS print out; Uni letter & original degree certificate
• Bank Statement- 2 years (for cohabitation proof)
• Poll cards (for cohabitation proof)
• Rail card (for cohabitation proof)
• Rental Agreement (for cohabitation proof)
• Council Tax statements - 3 years (for cohabitation proof)
7. Any Additional Comments:
• Keep it simple as possible. Handed over 2 sets- one folder with all originals in sequence and second folder with all photocopies in the same sequence. Found the Cardiff centre less crowded.
• Appointment was booked for 1230. Went in at 1200 (was allowed before appointment time) and out at 1400.
• Had so many additional documents to informed to the staff at registration and he passed on the message to the caseworker. At registration was informed that as premium service, it will be attempted to have the decision in 2 hours. No question was asked and given the letter within promised time of 2 hours.
• Found the staff very courteous and professional. My daughter kept couple of staff members on their toes. LOL. And they gave her company and enjoyed it.
• Did not have marriage certificate with me – was not asked. When I got the approval letter, I enquired to the case worker about it and he told me that if you are applying as Tier 1/2/ICT and your wife joined you before July 2012- before 2 years as PBS dependent, and got entry clearance as PBS dependent due to marriage back home, you don’t have to submit one.

aravindb4u

Post by aravindb4u » Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:29 am

23/08/2014
Liverpool
ILR for- Main (Tier1 G) + 1 dep
success

http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... l#p1078134

CodeCruiser
Newly Registered

Re: Successful PEO/PSC ILR applications

Post by CodeCruiser » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:11 pm

1. Category.
Tier 1 General

2. Number of dependents.

3. Total cost.
£2986 :x

4. PEO branch.
Sheffield

5. Documents provided.
a. Print outs of appointment and payment pages
b. Set(o) form
c. 12 payslips
d. 12 bank statements
e. 5 P60s
f. Company letter
g. LinUK and ESOL certificates
h. Cohabitation documents (driving license, bills, NHS letters, residency certificate from council)
i. Passports
j. BRPs
k. Photos

No

Appointment was 1:30pm. Arrived at entrance at 12:40 (if anyone doesn't know, there is cheap parking(£3.50 all day) just around the corner), gone through security and arrived at reception at 12:50. Called for biometrics around 13:40, received approval around 14:20.