ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship ceremony and Passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ilrupdates
Member of Standing

Citizenship ceremony and Passport

Post by ilrupdates » Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:18 pm

Hi there,
can any one let me know that once we have attended the citizenship ceremony and got the certificate, how long MAXIMUM we can delay to apply for passport ? I mean is it mandatory that one must apply for the passport within the certain time period after his naturalization ceremony has been conducted?

Thanks
Disclaimer: I am neither an immigration lawyer nor an OISC qualified/registered member. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Citizenship ceremony and Passport

Post by Wanderer » Thu Jul 03, 2014 5:52 pm

This is no requirement to get a passport at all.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

ilrupdates
Member of Standing

Post by ilrupdates » Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:40 pm

Wanderer wrote:This is no requirement to get a passport at all.
Thanks wanderer for your reply.
So if want to travel abroad with my old Passport soon after my citizenship ceremony, will it not be an issue while leaving and entering the UK (without holding the British Passport). I will use the old Passport as I am allowed to keep dual nationality.
Disclaimer: I am neither an immigration lawyer nor an OISC qualified/registered member. Suggestions given by me are based on personal experience. Don't treat my advice as a substitute for legal opinion.

Eirikur
Netherlands

Post by Eirikur » Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:56 pm

Even if you are not allowed dual citizen ship the UK won't tell your country of origin you now got Uk citizenship.
my country of origin doesn't allow dual citizen ship but as long as I don't tell the they won't know

vivdubes

Post by vivdubes » Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:33 pm

There is no time limit, you can choose not to apply British passport at all if your circumstances doesnt warrant to.

ilrupdates
Member of Standing

Post by ilrupdates » Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:16 pm

thanks a lot all of you guys for taking me out of this confusion.
Thanks everbody :)