ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How long EU form 5 decision take ?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

bluemoon2

How long EU form 5 decision take ?

Post by bluemoon2 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:21 am

Hi all members , i am new to immigration boards and this is my first post ,sorry in advance for any mistakes as i am not familiar with the format , i applied for retention of EU treaty rights submitting EU form 5 in October 2013, after getting divorce from my EEA national spouse, i was given EU fam stamp 4 residence card in 2008 which is still valid for a few months , my question is how long they take for decision regarding retention of EU treaty right using EU form 5 ? on EU form 1 and 3 they say decision will be made in six months but on EU form 5 they say nothing about time frame , so if any member know about it please let me know , it would be much appreciated, specially if any member has personal experience regarding this situation and would like to share it , much appreciated.

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Re: How long EU form 5 decision take ?

Post by CalvinKlien » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:46 am

when it comes to retention, DOJ will be looking for alot of proofs of exercising treaty rights of your EU spouse, proof of address etc etc. Based on my personal experience my retention was granted within three months but i am talking about 2011. One of the member on immigration boards got his retention within 4 months. It all depends on how many strong proofs you have. DOJ would ask you couple of times for different proofs of your relationship and once they are satisfied you would get your decision.

Make sure you submit them maximum supporting documents and send each and every document by registered post. I would say that you would get your decision between 3 to 6 months.

Good Luck

bluemoon2

Post by bluemoon2 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:03 am

Thanks CalvinKlien, really appreciate that , i sent all possible proofs i had since wedding to prior to the divorce , i sent all utility bills and joint account bank statements with both of our names on them all time ,i sent letter from landlord saying we lived together at his premises all time as i had the same landlord and same job for 7 years , i am a PAYE worker and she was self employed and we we jointly assessed every year and i was the assessable spouse so luckily i had all his tax related documents with my and her name so i sent all of them , letters from PRTB i sent , then my passport and and current documents about my employment , i sent all these documents in one go, DOJ sent me back my passport and my P60and payslips, and kept the rest documents,i managed to get tax document relates to last year and some sort of bills as proof of address from my ex wife last week through a mutual friend of us , do you think i should send these documents as well to DOJ? if any other member has any personal experience or info regarding this please do share it here as it will help a lot to others, Thanks

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CalvinKlien » Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:11 pm

Seems you are in a very good position, you have supplied alot of proofs to DOJ already. So, i would recommend you to wait for their reply and do not send any more documents. They will definately come back to you looking for more documents/proofs in the coming weeks/months and you will have chance to provide them if required. They might ask you for the same docs you have already sent. Just send a cover letter confirming that the docs you have requested are already sent on dated: xxx with my EU5 application.

Alot of people on EUFam card have this mis understanding that once they are granted retention, they will live a free life. This is absolutely non sense....

When it comes to EU3 application (Permanent Residence Card) at the end of your 5 years residence card. DOJ would be looking again for the same docs like your EU spouse exercising treaty rights, proof of address, relationship genuiness etc etc... I am saying that based on my own experience. So do not throw the proofs/p60's/utility bills/bank statements etc etc. Keep them safe as you have to go through this hell again when it comes to EU3.

Good Luck

bluemoon2

Post by bluemoon2 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:18 pm

Thanks CalvinKlien, really appreciate that , you words are a lot for me , i was going to send the documents which i have now , but as you said i shouldn,t send them anything now and if they ask in future for more documents then i will send them to them , as you have gone through all of that , so just want to know what proofs you sent ? same what i have sent or you sent something else as well which i didn,t send them, what i have sent them i describe above . Thanks

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CalvinKlien » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:24 am

I would say pretty much the same what you have sent like:

Tenancy agreement,
letter from landlord.
Joint bank statement for the last 4 years.
Proof of address for the past 4 years in thr form of ESB and UPC bills
Some hols together, flight iternaries.
P60's of mine and her for the past 5 years.
Letter from my current employer and her employer.
Payslips for the past 4 weeks.
Divorce Certificate
Letter from social welfare office confirming that we both never claimed any social welfare.
Letter from VHI health care insurance that we both have private medical insurance since last 5 years.

After two months they asked for proof of address again and i sent them a letter confirming that i have already sent xxx proofs with my application on dated xxx.

And after a month i got my retention...but when i applied for the permanent residence card on form EU3, they pretty much asked me for the same documents again, although my retention clearly stated that " As you are granted retention of your residence card, it is open to you to apply for the permanent residence card on your personal capacity".

Anyway DOJ is the king of jungle and you can't argue with them, so i have sent what ever they requested and i got my approval after six months.. So it is very important to keep the photo copies of all the documents what ever you send them as you would need them again at some stage.

Good Luck and if any question, just ask...

bluemoon2

Post by bluemoon2 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:35 am

Thanks , just one thing more please , after retention when you applied permanent residence using EU form 3 , did your ex EU spouse had to sign the Eu form 3 as it stated on the form ? and did you fill in all details of ex EU spouse in section 2 and section 3 on the form or you just left them blank ? did you submit your ex EU spouse passport and other fresh documents relates to her as stated on the form or you just sent them the old documents which you sent them with Eu form 5 ?
Thanks very much

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CalvinKlien » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:18 am

Once you are granted retention, your Ex wife have nothing to do with your permanent residence card using form EU3.You can apply for the permanent residence card on two bases.

1- You are still married and living with your EU spouse.

2- You are separated/divorced and you have got retention of your residence card.

If you are divorced and got retention your EX EU spouse don't have to sign the application form, nor he/she have to send his/her passport, payslips along with your application.

In my case i did not filled out my ex wife details in form EU3 and instead i wrote a note that I have got retention of my residence card and i am applying for permanent residence card on my personal capacity.

While submitting the form EU3 i didn't submit any of her documents but DOJ asked for them on few occasions during the six month processing time.

You better educate your self on the DOJ website about the process of retention and permanent residence card: http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/EU ... y%20Rights

Also try to read the form EU3 in detail and make your mind what kind of documents you might need to submit. Link to form EU3 is: http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Form%20E ... %20EU3.pdf

When you get your retention and you are ready to apply for your permanent residence card, make sure you attach your retention approval letter with your EU3 application, so who ever is dealing with your application would know that you have applied for permanent residence card on your personal capacity and you have already got your retention.

Any question, let me know.

Good Luck

MrCool
Newly Registered

Re: How long EU form 3 decision take ?

Post by MrCool » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:05 pm

Wow, I can see it is a tedious process getting the Permanent Residence. I must have been lucky as I got my EU3 approval exactly 12 weeks after application. Lucky but not easy as I did not have any utility bill in both names of applicant and spouse and had to submit a truckload of other documents to substitute that requirement. So for all those who intend to apply, please make sure you have all utilities for the past five years in the names of your spouse and yourself.

bluemoon2

Post by bluemoon2 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:14 am

Hello CalvinKlien, if you remember i asked about EU form 5 on the forum a month ago and you replied me few times to answer my questions which i really aapriciate, now again i have one question , 6th month has started since i sent the Eu form 5 but i heard nothing from DOJ since then, just got one letter from them stating that they have received my application, so should i write them a letter now and ask about my application or send them more documents ? please do let me know what you think? help from anyone on the forum would be much appriciated if anyone can .
Thanks

MrCool
Newly Registered

Post by MrCool » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:42 am

Just two weeks ago I was writing about getting permanent residence status in a short time, now it is approval for citizenship. I think the citizenship approval time has shortened tremendously. I got my approval in less than 13 weeks. This is just a week after I got permanent residence approval; as I applied for both at the same time. So I have now submitted my new GNIB card, the 950 Euros bank draft and two passport photos. I am waiting for an invitation letter to the next ceremony which I am hoping will be in June 2014 (or before the middle of July), otherwise I will need to request my GNIB card as I have to travel out in late July.

ayush2014
Newly Registered

Post by ayush2014 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:04 am

Hi calvin and others

Could you please tell me if i am holding eufam 4 for 5 years and now its gonna be exp. within 6 months how long its take for processing time to clear application. and what documents i have submitting. also if its approved do i need to bring my wife to immigration with me to get stamp on my p.p. one more thing that she is going to my home asian country for stuyding (3 months) month before that i am expecting my decision for form Eu3 P.R card for 10 years. Please any one suggest on this forum that would be much appreciated. Thanks

MrCool
Newly Registered

Post by MrCool » Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:50 pm

ayush2014 wrote:Hi calvin and others

Could you please tell me if i am holding eufam 4 for 5 years and now its gonna be exp. within 6 months how long its take for processing time to clear application. and what documents i have submitting. also if its approved do i need to bring my wife to immigration with me to get stamp on my p.p. one more thing that she is going to my home asian country for stuyding (3 months) month before that i am expecting my decision for form Eu3 P.R card for 10 years. Please any one suggest on this forum that would be much appreciated. Thanks
Off my head, you have to submit utility bills that have both your spouse and your name for the past five years. You need to submit evidence that you have been living in the state for five years (rent contract or rent book or PRTB letters (with your residential address) to the effect. Evidence that your wife has been working or studying for the last five years. Your marriage certificate, probably joint bank account, passport photos and other requirements that you can find as part of the EU-3 application documentation.

And yes, you have to go to the GNIB with your wife when you go for the renewal (Stamp 4 EU Fam 10-year permanent residence card; although the duration will coincide with the expiry date of your passport, and the remaining years will be put in a renewed passport). Basically, the application process is the same as when you initially applied for a Stamp 4 EUFam but with the added complexity of proving that you have been living with your spouse for the last five years, and you are still married.

Lastly, it will take three to six months to process. Submit application 6 months before your current EUFam 4 card is due to expire.

ayush2014
Newly Registered

Re: How long EU form 3 decision take ?

Post by ayush2014 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:59 pm

Thanks Mr.cool

I have all documents which you mention on previous post accept my wife forget to change address in bank so but she changed just 6 months ago. what you think if i dont have her p60 but i have all p21 last 5 years. also do i need to submitting all documents for last 5 years or each year should be fine. (exa. she have nearly 100 pages of statement, we have 60 pages of utiility bill ext...) or what should i do that we already bought ticket for my home country.if my application approved in 15 jan but she will be in my in country and comming back in march. can i go after when she will be back. or i should explain to INIS. pls pls send me any comment that would be much appreciated. Thank you

ayush2014
Newly Registered

Post by ayush2014 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 2:11 pm

MrCool wrote:Just two weeks ago I was writing about getting permanent residence status in a short time, now it is approval for citizenship. I think the citizenship approval time has shortened tremendously. I got my approval in less than 13 weeks. This is just a week after I got permanent residence approval; as I applied for both at the same time. So I have now submitted my new GNIB card, the 950 Euros bank draft and two passport photos. I am waiting for an invitation letter to the next ceremony which I am hoping will be in June 2014 (or before the middle of July), otherwise I will need to request my GNIB card as I have to travel out in late July.
Congratulation Mr.Cool for your Citizenship

i have question for you can you pls tell me when did u applied, when did you got 2nd stage letter and when did you got GNIB submission letter. because i have applied on 30th june and my eufam exp. end of january. so do you think i will get may be b4 exp. of my GNIB. really appreciated for help

MrCool
Newly Registered

Post by MrCool » Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:47 pm

ayush2014 wrote:
MrCool wrote:Just two weeks ago I was writing about getting permanent residence status in a short time, now it is approval for citizenship. I think the citizenship approval time has shortened tremendously. I got my approval in less than 13 weeks. This is just a week after I got permanent residence approval; as I applied for both at the same time. So I have now submitted my new GNIB card, the 950 Euros bank draft and two passport photos. I am waiting for an invitation letter to the next ceremony which I am hoping will be in June 2014 (or before the middle of July), otherwise I will need to request my GNIB card as I have to travel out in late July.
Congratulation Mr.Cool for your Citizenship

i have question for you can you pls tell me when did u applied, when did you got 2nd stage letter and when did you got GNIB submission letter. because i have applied on 30th june and my eufam exp. end of january. so do you think i will get may be b4 exp. of my GNIB. really appreciated for help
Ayush2014,

I cannot tell if you want information on Citizenship application or EUFam's EU3 application. I applied to both during the latter part of January. The citizenship part was straightforward. I got a letter that my application had been received (probably a week after I had applied). I don't remember when it got to the second stage because the only other communication I remember was an approval letter for being granted citizenship. This was received on 24th April.

Now to the EU3 application. I got approval by the middle of April, but compared to the citizenship application, this was 'hell'. I had to keep submitting more and more information (basically the same information over and over again) that was required by different GNIB officials ( a problem I think stems from the fact that not any particular individual is assigned to a case). I had already indicated to them that I did not have any utility bills in both my name and spouse and had submitted other proof such as insurance documents (over the past five years that listed my spouse as a named driver while I was also a named driver in her insurance); similarly motor tax disc communications (as we had the same address). This was all in addition to the PRTB letters, rent receipts and contract over a five-year period as well as joint bank account statements over five years.

As I posted elsewhere on this site, you should make sure you submit samples of utility bills in both names of spouse and yourself for the previous five years, otherwise prepare for a series of communications from the GNIB. Do not submit all the bills and bank statements during the period but sample these to reflect the entire duration.

Finally, I think you will get a final communication on whether your citizenship application has been approved or rejected within 6 months. In my case, it was fruitless to apply for '4 EUFam' permanent residence as I had to return the card to the Citizenship office about a week after going for it from the GNIB office. My initial Stamp 4 EU Fam card only expired this week, a day before I received my naturalisation certificate.

ayush2014
Newly Registered

Post by ayush2014 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:02 pm

Thank you Mr.cool for your kind information.but i still want to ask you something

I have all documents which you mention on previous post accept my wife forget to change address in bank but she changed just 6 months ago.

what you think if i dont have her p60 but i have all p21 last 5 years.

do i need to submitting all documents for last 5 years or each year should be fine. (exa. she have nearly 100 pages of statement, we have 60 pages of utiility bill ext...)

what should i do that we already bought her ticket for MY HOME country.if my application approved in 15 jan but she will be in my in country and comming back in march. can i go after when she will be come back. or i should explain to INIS.

pls pls send me any comment that would be much appreciated. Thank you

MrCool
Newly Registered

Post by MrCool » Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:07 pm

Sorry Ayush2014,

The reply I posted was meant for someone who had asked a question on another thread. The EU3 application took three months, almost three months before my Stamp 4 EUFam card was due to expire. Actually, it only expired a few days ago.

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:12 pm

you don't need each bill and bank statement for the 5 years. just one per year per address for each of you (applicant and EU citizen)
P21s in the applicant's name are ok provided that they have the spouses information. However, P60s for the EU citizen would be better.
Don't forget you have to provide evidence of the CURENT activities/exercise of EUTR of the EU citizen as well.

MrCool
Newly Registered

Post by MrCool » Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:25 pm

ayush2014 wrote:Thank you Mr.cool for your kind information.but i still want to ask you something

I have all documents which you mention on previous post accept my wife forget to change address in bank but she changed just 6 months ago.

what you think if i dont have her p60 but i have all p21 last 5 years.
Send all P21s for the past five years. GNIB requested for my spouse's P60 for 2013 which was not available at the time I sent my application.

do i need to submitting all documents for last 5 years or each year should be fine. (exa. she have nearly 100 pages of statement, we have 60 pages of utiility bill ext...)
Send samples of your joint bank account statements covering the period if you cannot send them all. For utilities, you only need just one utility, say electricity which will be 6 bills in a year. Send three consecutive bills for every year

what should i do that we already bought her ticket for MY HOME country.if my application approved in 15 jan but she will be in my in country and comming back in march. can i go after when she will be come back. or i should explain to INIS.
Honestly, although you are advised to apply for the EU3 (stamp 4 (EU Fam permanent residence), you can apply on the last day your card is expiring. The initial Stamp 4 EU Fam permission will be renewed for six months while your EU3 application is being reviewed. When you are applying, you may have to include a cover letter explaining to the GNIB why you did not apply earlier.

pls pls send me any comment that would be much appreciated. Thank you

ayush2014
Newly Registered

Post by ayush2014 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:29 pm

Hi agnuska and Mr.cool

Thanks for your Prompt Reply to me. some more question need to ask

As my wife had last 5 years p21 instead of p60 that would be consider by GNIB.

also my wife going away for three months and that time i am expecting my approval will come so can i get that stamp without her?

MrCool
Newly Registered

Post by MrCool » Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:38 pm

ayush2014 wrote:Hi agnuska and Mr.cool

Thanks for your Prompt Reply to me. some more question need to ask

As my wife had last 5 years p21 instead of p60 that would be consider by GNIB.
They would prefer P60s but in the absence of that, they should consider the P21s

also my wife going away for three months and that time i am expecting my approval will come so can i get that stamp without her?
Can't you wait for her to come back before you go for the new 4 EU-Fam card? The GNIB will not issue you a EU-Fam permanent residence card if your wife is not present. They require to verify her identity by looking at her original passport at the GNIB counter

ayush2014
Newly Registered

Re: can i get stamp on passport before exp. my EUfam4

Post by ayush2014 » Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:28 am

hi all

My visa EUFAM4 for 5 years exp. beginning of feb 15 so is it possible i can get visa for another 6 months on my acknowledge letter from INIS while my application approved.

Thanks a lot

ayush2014
Newly Registered

Post by ayush2014 » Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:03 am

Hi all

i just got my 10 years visa Permanent Residency Card week ago. its so quick which i didn't expected. DOJ give me Decision within 4 weeks time since i applied.but i have question for my passport exp. in two year time and they will stamp my passport until exp date. so whenever i will go to extend my visa on my new passport do i need to bring my wife to GNIB or i have to bring only visa letter and i can ext. my visa on my own??

Any help much much appreciated
Thanks