ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 visa from pakistan

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

talkhome

Tier 4 visa from pakistan

Post by talkhome » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:00 pm

Hi all,

My cousin is applying for a Tier 4 visa.

She has got 5.5 in all IELTS modules except speaking in which she has 5.0

My question: Is she eligible for a Tier 4 visa?
I have been to lot of colleges they saying they can not give admission as they believe there is no chance she can get visa. Law is very strict these days.

We are confused how can she come in the UK with these IELTS results and her qualification is Msc Psychology.

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Re: Tier 4 visa from pakistan

Post by sheraz7 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:00 pm

After MSC psychology admitting to university may make the tier 4 visa application be successful as long as the required formalities & criteria are met. But you can read about the list of approved English language tests and the score/band required by home office here.
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

passion5

Post by passion5 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:12 pm

for the course of NQ LEVEL 6 these bands are sufficient and she will get the visa 100%. for level 7 qualification like Msc she need ielts 6.5 or may be 6.

talkhome

Post by talkhome » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:39 pm

I have met lot of agents they are saying because applicant doesn't have 5.5 IELTS in each module she can not get CAS in master level course and if she applies in level 6 will be refused straightway.

Please let me have your thoughts about this.

Is there anybody on this forum got study visa from Pakistan recently.

Can somebody share the experience? and any advice for us

shaq1

Post by shaq1 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:06 am

Why don't you ask her to go for the IELTS exam again and achieve 5.5 in each component. Alternatively you can try to take admission at any Universities. They can assess the student and if they think student has sufficient level of English then they can waive off the IELTS requirement or alternatively can offer her foundation course.

Zee ali
Diamond Member

Post by Zee ali » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:11 pm

talkhome wrote:I have met lot of agents they are saying because applicant doesn't have 5.5 IELTS in each module she can not get CAS in master level course and if she applies in level 6 will be refused straightway.

Please let me have your thoughts about this.

Is there anybody on this forum got study visa from Pakistan recently.

Can somebody share the experience? and any advice for us
She needs 5.5 band in each module otherwise will face refusal and bad spot on immigration history.

Better to do ielts again than later with refusal in hand.
I am not an immigration adviser
Any views expressed are my own opinion and should not be considered as legal advice
No liability is accepted for the content and for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided

Slalom
Newly Registered

Post by Slalom » Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:57 pm

The minimum for B2 standard is 5.5 in every band. 5.0 would be OK for a Foundation course however I guess you are not doing that.

IELTS requirements vary per institution so instead of speaking to agents you should contact the university's international department if there is one. Some require 6.0, some 6.5, some even 7.0 overall but in every case you cannot have an individual band below 5.5.

I'll be honest if you're coming from Pakistan and you have a Masters then you should be coming to do a Masters/NQF 7 course here. Anything lower and they'll refuse your visa.

EDIT: I should also add that you would need to do IELTS again.