ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Successful PEO Croydon ILR 07 Ju 2014 - Main + 2 D Ltd Com.

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

gkuk
India

Successful PEO Croydon ILR 07 Ju 2014 - Main + 2 D Ltd Com.

Post by gkuk » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:27 am

Hi guys,

Firstly many thanks to the numerous advice/suggestions provided on this forum, which helps to boost confidence and provide a sense of comfort.

I would like to share my experience at PEO Croydon on 07 July-2014 for ILR.
Applied for myself (main) + 2 dependent (Wife + daughter 1yr 8 months) via the Tier1 General migrant rule in place before 6 April 2010.
(I am a director of a ltd company.)

Appointment Time: 8:35.

Reached location: 7:30 am.
Let inside : 8:10 am.

Finished successfully : 9:50 am.

Security Check.
Then head to the payment counter, person at desk will check your appointment letter, payment confirmation, passport , valid visa status, signed application form. Token given and asked to wait till called. (7-10 mins)

Token called at different counter.
Passport and BRP details entered into the system. Photographs scanned. Payment details checked. Given a folder and asked to place application form along within supporting documents in them. Was asked if I had photocopies, which was handed over.
Was advised to head to counter x for Biometric and hand over the folder to the person at desk. (no wait, guess because of my daughter :) ) (10 mins duration)

Biometric /photograph taken for main and wife. Only photograph for daughter. Was informed everything was done and now had to head over to the waiting section near the cafeteria and wait till called. (15 mins duration)

Walked towards waiting area at approx 9 ish.
TV Screens show your application/token status. Token goes through following stages:

1) Biometric verification: Biometric details checked with police records/ convictions. (20 mins)

2) Awaiting consideration: Application waiting to be picked up by a case worker. (15 mins)

3) Under consideration: Case worker assesses the application. (10 mins)

4) Ready to be collected : Wait for Token to be called, to pick up applicaton (5 mins)

Documents Provided with the Application Set(O) version 06/14:

Covering Letter + Points Summary sheet.

1. Photographs. Main – 2 .Dependents – 2 + 2
2. Passports. Main – 1 Current + 1 Old
Dependent 1 – 1 Current + 1 Old
Dependent 2 – 1 Current
3. Biometric Residence Permit - Main – 1
Dependent 1 - 1

4. Knowledge of language and life in UK.
a. Main – 1 Life in UK certificate
b. Dependent – 1 Life in UK certificate + Original Degree certificate + Points Based calculator print out + UK Naric certificate.+ University letter confirming medium of study is English) --- Probably just degree certificate and PBS printout could have have satisfied the requirements. But managed to get others since had enough time.

5. Main – Master’s Degree certificate.
6. Main –
a. Payslips (12 months)
b. Personal Bank statements. (12 months - Wages marked)
c. Business Bank statements. (12 months Dividends marked)
d. Dividend Vouchers
e. Accountant letter.
f. Accountant regulation evidence
g. Invoice details.
h. Employment history document
i. P60
j. Employment Agency document.
k. Contract extension documents.
l. Company Incorporation Certificate.
m. VAT registered certificate.

7. Main – (Was away from UK for a total of 181 days. Not one single trip was more than 180 days in a year )
a. Details of absence letter.
b. Boarding Pass/e-Ticket/invoice.

8. Main – (Wanted to mention this, but was not required. )
In April-2014 I received 3 points on my Driving license due to CU30 – defective tyres.
a. License and counterpart included.
b. Fine paid receipts.

9. Cohabitation – (My wife was out of UK during pregnancy from X-2012 till X-2013. 11 months )
My wife went to India on X-2012 due to pregnancy and returned back to the UK on X-2013. During this period I have travelled to India to be with her on 4 different occasions.
Out of UK In UK
X—2012 Drop wife and visit family
X—2012 Visit wife
X—2012 Visit wife and expecting baby. Daughter was born on X—2012.Wife changed maiden name to married name. Applied for daughter’s passport.
X-2013 Daughter’s Naming ceremony function.
(----above part of covering letter.)
a. Council tax letter.
b. Utility bill.
d. Tenancy Agreement.
e. Wife Medical documents.
f. Daughter Birth certificate (India).
g. Daughter Naming ceremony function photographs with family and friends in India.
h. Marriage certificate.
i. Marriage invitation card and photos.

The staff are very polite and observed they are better trained than what I experienced 2 years back.
I have provided as much details as possible.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Good Luck

Cheers
G

Amber
Mood:

Re: Successful PEO Croydon ILR 07 Ju 2014 - Main + 2 D Ltd

Post by Amber » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:29 am

Congratulations!
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

hsr1972

Post by hsr1972 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:47 am

Congratulations for your ILR. One question Did you Provide any Evidence Letter form the employer for those 181 Absence Days or you have just mentioned Date left to UK and Date Arrived to UK and Reason for absence. Kindly respond to my query.

cheers
hsr72

Subbs
Newly Registered

Post by Subbs » Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:44 pm

hi gkuk

Congrats!

I am in the same case as you but i am applying on teir 2 ict. My Wife was in UK before she gone for delivery for 11 months 2011 to 2012 .

Can you please let me know was your wife in uk for 2 year before she traveled to India ?

Thanks,
Subbu

gkuk
India

Post by gkuk » Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:46 pm

thanks Amber.

@hsr1972, I did not provide any Employer letter for those 181 days, since they were all for personal visit/ tourism.

@Subbs, yes my wife was in UK for 2 years before she went outside the country for 11 months.

Hope that helps.

cheers
G

hsr1972

Post by hsr1972 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:44 pm

oK thanks for your response . If your absence is Personal Visit then it is not mandatory to Provide Absence letter from the Employer and my absence is around 80 days i.e less than 180 days any of the 12 months . If i provide only Absence details in the excel sheet that would be sufficient you mean. Kindly respond to my query.

Thanks in advance

-hsr72

gkuk
India

Post by gkuk » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:56 pm

@hsr72,

Yes, just a Absence details should be sufficient.

G

ilrapplication

Post by ilrapplication » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:05 am

Congratulations on your ILR!

hsr1972

Post by hsr1972 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:39 am

Thanks a lot GKUK, Because I was bit Perplexed whether or not to submit my Previous and Current Employer Absence letter . As you are advising no need to Provide any absence letter if it is less than 180 days in any 12 months ,Instead Absence details in the Excel sheet should be sufficent.One last question if you don't mind should i provide in detail for the reason of absence in the covering letter or just say in the Spreadsheet the Reason of absence as " Family Visit or Personal Trip " even though my previous employer absence is " Paid annual leave".

Kindly respond to my query.

-hsr72

gkuk
India

Post by gkuk » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:31 am

Thanks ilrapplication.

@hsr19872,

I had a Absence letter which stated -

"
Explanation Letter for Absence - Main Applicant
Below lists all dates and reason for travel outside the UK during my Tier 1 General stay.
I have provided boarding pass/e- ticket/ invoices where possible for the associated dates which have also been stamped on my passport. I can confirm that I have not spent more than 180 whole days in any consecutive 12 month period during the 5 year duration.

----Table with dates and comments".

Hope that helps.

Cheers
G

hsr1972

Post by hsr1972 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:13 am

Thanks a lot for your response and much appreciated. I don't have any e-ticket or Invoice , As you advised i will prepare a Absence spreadsheet with details of Absence. Even my absence is less than 80 days in 5 years till date . So I won't provide any Employer Absence letter because I have not exceeded 180 days in any of the 12 months in 5years. I hope you agree with this.

-hsr72

Subbs
Newly Registered

Post by Subbs » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:56 am

thanks gkvk for responce.

My wife was not in UK continuous 2years but her overall stay in UK on dependent visa is on more than 2 yrs till today. Any idea she can apply for ILR or not ? she came to uk first time on dependent VISA in 2010

Regards,
Subbu