ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

jsh
Newly Registered

Re: Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Post by jsh » Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:58 pm

peach wrote:Thanks a lot, how do I ask the HCI to collect in person ? SO far the emails are not being answered, is there a phone number ?
jsh wrote:
peach wrote:My documents were acknowledged on 30th May however still under process.
Has anyone who applied in that week got any further ?
I will be travelling on 2nd Aug so getting a bit anxious now.
Thanks,
In total it takes 2 months to get the OCI in your hands from the date of acknowledgement ...
With luck, should be processed next week (mid/end of week) and be in UK week after..
Best to ask the HCI if you can collect the OCI in person... as it will take a week to get it via post
I had emailed them and got reply next day but these are the details I have...
Public Response Unit
High Commission of India
India House, Aldwych, WC2B 4NA
Tel: 020 7632 3070
Email: info.london@hcilondon.in

And

Telephone Numbers: 020 7836 8484, 020 7632 3035
Fax Number: 020 7836 4331

turlough
Newly Registered

Post by turlough » Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:35 am

Date of acknowledgement: 15/05/2014
Documents Printing Status PROCESSED ON: 09/07/2014
Dispatched From MOIA (OCI ) NEW DELHI On: Waiting

shiva321

Post by shiva321 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:30 pm

Had applied in person for my family ( 2 adults + 1 children) in London HCI.
The timelines are

Received at High Commission : 08 May 2014
Date of acknowledgement: 08 May 2014
Documents Printing Status PROCESSED : 24 Jun 2014
Dispatched From MOIA (OCI ) NEW DELHI On: 25 Jun 2014
Document received At London On: 30 Jun 2014
Post passport by Special Delivery : 30 Jun 2014 (Next day 1PM)
Documents received at HCI london: 01 Jul 2014 (9:38 signed by Manju)
Received stamped passport and OCI booklet on: 09 Jul 2014

My Citizenship, OCI journey has ended here! THANKS a TON to this Forum, website and its Members, ALL THE BEST.

dino2296
Newly Registered

Post by dino2296 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:41 pm

Date Of Acknowledgment 23-MAY-2014
Registration Status at Mission LONDON
Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On 09-JUL-2014
Dispatched From MOIA (OCI ) NEW DELHI On
Document received At LONDON On

Wey hay!! good news

When Do i send my passport off?? Do I need to wait for document received at London??

mkmohamed79
Newly Registered

Post by mkmohamed79 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:58 pm

2 adults + 2 children in London HCI.

Received at High Commission : 09 May 2014
Date of acknowledgement: 09 May 2014
Documents Printing Status PROCESSED : 25 June 2014
Dispatched From MOIA (OCI ) NEW DELHI On: 26th June 2014
Document received At London On: 30th June 2014
Post passport by Special Delivery : 1st July 2014
Documents received at HCI london: 2nd July 2014
Received stamped passport and OCI booklet on: 9th July 2014.

Thanks everyone who posted their updates. It gives much needed peace of mind. :-)

jsh
Newly Registered

Post by jsh » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:16 am

dino2296 wrote:Date Of Acknowledgment 23-MAY-2014
Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On 09-JUL-2014
Dispatched From MOIA (OCI ) NEW DELHI On
Document received At LONDON On

Wey hay!! good news

When Do i send my passport off?? Do I need to wait for document received at London??
Yes wait till its in London and then print out the page and send it with your passport
Ps - suggest that you remove your OCI number from you original post
Last edited by jsh on Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

jsh
Newly Registered

Post by jsh » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:08 am

]And
Date Of Acknowledgment 12-MAY-2014
Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On 27-JUN-2014
Dispatched From MOIA (OCI ) NEW DELHI On 01-JUL-2014
Document received At LONDON On 01-JUL-2014
Post passport by Special Delivery : 03-JULY-2014
Received stamped passport and OCI booklet on: 10th July 2014

vgvirgo
Newly Registered

Post by vgvirgo » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:32 am

Applied in Person at HCI London on 13/05/2014 (1 Infant)

Date of acknowledgement: 13 May-2014
Documents Printing Status :PROCESSED ON: 27 June 2014

Dispatched From MOIA (OCI ) NEW DELHI On: 1 July 2014

Document received At London On: 1 July 2014

Post passport by Special Delivery : 3 July 2014 received on 4 July 2014 by Manju (@HCI)

Received stamped passport and OCI booklet on: 9 July 2014

Total Days taken since acknowledgement: 57 Days

BRP
Newly Registered

Post by BRP » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:46 pm

Applied by post at HCI London on 05/05/2014 (1 Infant)

Date of acknowledgement: 22/05/2014
Documents Printing Status PROCESSED ON: 08/07/2014
Dispatched From MOIA (OCI ) NEW DELHI On: 10/07/2014
Document received At London On: 10/07/2014
Post passport by Special Delivery : Hopefully tomorrow (15/07/2014)
Received stamped passport and OCI booklet on: Waiting

confused_soul
Newly Registered

Post by confused_soul » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:54 pm

Hi friends:

I need to send mine, my wives and daughters passport to collect the printed OCI. Do I need to send different self addressed envelopes or can I send just one for all three?

Thanks,
H

anandv76
Newly Registered

Post by anandv76 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:08 pm

Family application: 2 Adults, 1 Child/Minor
Applied in person at HCI London on 14/07/2014
Date of acknowledgement: 14/07/2014
Documents Printing Status PROCESSED ON: tbc
Dispatched From MOIA (OCI ) NEW DELHI On: tbc
Document received At London On: tbc
Post passport by Special Delivery : tbc
Received stamped passport and OCI booklet on: tbc

Experience: took appointment on Friday evening for an appointment following Monday morning, 9.30am. Easy process for getting filling up Part-A and Part-B of the form, and then taking appointment based on reference number. Reached HCI London at 9.15am, showed the appointment letter to the security officer. No queues, no haggling, no pushing and shoving. It was heavenly! And when i entered inside, there was ample number of empty seats and breathing space, which was a pleasant change from our previous experiences. Counters opened at 9.30am, two case workers calling out the names of people with appointment. Perhaps 15-20 applicants at each half-hour slot, as we were perhaps the 12th to be called and there were others after us with the same appoinemrnt time. Quick 5 minutes at the counter as I had all the required documents organised:

1. Application form (only one set) with photograph pasted and duly signed/fingerprinted in case of minors
2. Naturalisation certificate copy of each applicant self-attested
3. British passport copy of each applicant self-attested
4. Surrender certificate of each applicant self-attested
5. Birth certificate of minor only self attested (attested by father/mother in case minor unable to sign)
6. Fees in cash

I was given the receipts and asked to check online after 4-6 weeks. We were out of the HCI by 10am which included a few minutes of using the restrooms after completing the application formalities.

dino2296
Newly Registered

Post by dino2296 » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:57 pm

So good to hear things are much better in London, I wish Birmingham will learn and follow. to this day the fat security man thinks he is narendra modi! talk about been jobs worthy, the staff are corrupt, ignorant and arrogant, the man in charge in birmingham needs to spends less time of facebook showing his selfies of his holidays

shiva321

Post by shiva321 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:55 am

confused_soul wrote:Hi friends:

I need to send mine, my wives and daughters passport to collect the printed OCI. Do I need to send different self addressed envelopes or can I send just one for all three?

Thanks,
H
Hi H,

You can use one envelop for sending and one self addressed envelop for returning documents for entire family.

teenboy

Post by teenboy » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:09 pm

Submitted on : 16-MAY-2014 (Systems were down on that day)
Date Of Acknowledgment : 20-MAY-2014
Registration Status at Mission : LONDON
Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On : 04-JUL-2014
Dispatched From MOIA (OCI ) NEW DELHI On : 07-JUL-2014
Document received At LONDON On : 08-JUL-2014 (Updated on 09-JUL-2014)
Posted next day deliver : 09-JUL-2014
Received on : 10-JUL-2014 By : Manju
Collected on : 15-JUL-2014

One return envelop will do for the entire family.

SBUK2014
Newly Registered

Post by SBUK2014 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:05 pm

Hello Members,

Our OCI application has been approved and the papers have arrived in London today. However, as we are leaving for India next week, there is no time for the special delivery postal process. I was told when submitting the application that if there was not enough time in the end, to come directly to ihc in person (with proof of air tickets, etc) and get the oci.

My question is should I have to book an appointment (if this is the case, I am unsure how, as there is nothing on the ihc website related to this topic) or should I simply go in person with all the documents and request the oci stamp on the passports?

Any advice, much appreciated.

Thanks.

teenboy

Post by teenboy » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:32 pm

SBUK2014 wrote:Hello Members,

Our OCI application has been approved and the papers have arrived in London today. However, as we are leaving for India next week, there is no time for the special delivery postal process. I was told when submitting the application that if there was not enough time in the end, to come directly to ihc in person (with proof of air tickets, etc) and get the oci.

My question is should I have to book an appointment (if this is the case, I am unsure how, as there is nothing on the ihc website related to this topic) or should I simply go in person with all the documents and request the oci stamp on the passports?

Any advice, much appreciated.

Thanks.
I was in the same situation. My family is travelling this weekend and approached them last week. I was told to send by post. The help-desk lady told me, it will take only 5 working days and refused to take the passport. This noon it was different lady in the desk and I managed to collect in person.

mollsm
Newly Registered

Post by mollsm » Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:01 pm

Did you make an omline appointment or just turn up? I have been told my OCI's granted (applied 10 June in person (granted 20 June) and two apps in post ack. 20 June..(grantd 10 July) but wont be printed for at least four weeks... India trip is 9 Aug so looks like I need to apply for tourist visas... so annoying!

mollsm
Newly Registered

Post by mollsm » Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:01 pm

Did you make an online appointment or just turn up? I have been told my OCI's granted (applied 10 June in person (granted 20 June) and two apps in post ack. 20 June..(grantd 10 July) but wont be printed for at least four weeks... India trip is 9 Aug so looks like I need to apply for tourist visas... so annoying!

peach
Newly Registered

Post by peach » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:28 am

Finally some progress...

Date Of Acknowledgment : 30-MAY-2014
Submitted at HCI LONDON in person.
Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On : 16-JUL-2014
Dispatched From MOIA (OCI ) NEW DELHI On : 17-JUL-2014
Document received At LONDON On :

I am leaving for India on 2nd August and with only 2 weeks remaining, I think it would be best to collect from HCI London only.
Can someone advise what is the process for this ? Should I send the passports as usual and ask for a collection date ? how do you ask ? email or phone ? do I need to make any appointment ?
Many thanks

amitc

Post by amitc » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:44 pm

I am also looking for answer of the same question regarding collecting OCI in person. I have emailed HCI twice without any proper answer, tried to call few times but it seems they unplugged the phone cable so it kept ringing. Is there anyone in the forum had same situation and collected the OCI in person from HCI? If so the please guide us how to do that..

Regards, Amit

roobaru1
Newly Registered

Post by roobaru1 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:41 pm

I am planning to submit the OCI application in person at HCI, London for my family(2 adults, 1 child). I plan to take an appointment, but the website is not clear as to whether all of us have to visit in person or if I can submit the application for all of us. Also while taking the appointment do I need to say that 2 adults and 1 child are coming and put all of our application details?

can some please provide some clarifications if they have already been through such situation?

mollsm
Newly Registered

Post by mollsm » Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:41 pm

If its a family application I would book one oneline appointment; that will be fine. But they may stil turn you away and insist you send it in. Its so frustrating that they cant follow one clear set of guidelines and the situation changes depending on who you speak to. Also you will need to take travel documents as proof that you are actually travelling. Good luck,,, this journey is enough to try anyone's patience and drive them round the bend!........

mirjeddi
Newly Registered

Post by mirjeddi » Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:48 am

Hi ALL,

I have submitted my OCI on 21st may 2014 in person at London branch considering it will be processed within 6 weeks of time, I have booked little bit cheaper non-changeable and non-refundable flights with family, unfortunately after sending lots of emails they never gave any professional update on time to advise the status of OCI hence I have to submit mine and my son's application for Entry VISA to VFS in London,
I have asked one of the VFS staff to advise any other email address of OCI department to obtain actual status of OCI, she advised me to use this link https://www.hcilondon.in/officerofhci.html
to contact them, as soon as I have sent below email I have started receiving professional updates about my OCI status and before that nobody was responding up to 7 days even if they respond they just said to wait no actual update to give the status of OCI, while replying they were CC'd these email address:

att.oci@hcilondon.in , dhc.office@hcilondon.in , min.coord@hcilondon.in , fs.coord@hcilondon.in

When I asked why it is getting delayed they said its due to some technical problems at Delhi but looking at previous very old posts on this and other forums I found very few people got their OCI within 6 weeks of time.
Its my kind request to all if you are application are getting delayed please start sending emails to above email address and tell them you are not happy as it will make huge difference in the quality of service they were/are providing, I have sent lots of emails to them but they were keep saying they are providing very good service and I should appreciate their work, as I am the only person sending emails to above address they are unaware how many other OCI customers are not happy with their service

Dear Ranjan,
I would like to bring your kind attention the service are provided by High Commission of India,London is very poor.
Whatever said on website never gets done in that time duration and nobody respond to emails, trust me it is spoiling the reputation of High Commission.
Hope you will look into all these issues at your earliest convenience
Many thanks
Kind Regards

Many thanks to all for reading this post
Regards

amitc

Post by amitc » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:46 pm

mirjeddi wrote:Hi ALL,

I have submitted my OCI on 21st may 2014 in person at London branch considering it will be processed within 6 weeks of time, I have booked little bit cheaper non-changeable and non-refundable flights with family, unfortunately after sending lots of emails they never gave any professional update on time to advise the status of OCI hence I have to submit mine and my son's application for Entry VISA to VFS in London,
I have asked one of the VFS staff to advise any other email address of OCI department to obtain actual status of OCI, she advised me to use this link https://www.hcilondon.in/officerofhci.html
to contact them, as soon as I have sent below email I have started receiving professional updates about my OCI status and before that nobody was responding up to 7 days even if they respond they just said to wait no actual update to give the status of OCI, while replying they were CC'd these email address:

att.oci@hcilondon.in , dhc.office@hcilondon.in , min.coord@hcilondon.in , fs.coord@hcilondon.in

When I asked why it is getting delayed they said its due to some technical problems at Delhi but looking at previous very old posts on this and other forums I found very few people got their OCI within 6 weeks of time.
Its my kind request to all if you are application are getting delayed please start sending emails to above email address and tell them you are not happy as it will make huge difference in the quality of service they were/are providing, I have sent lots of emails to them but they were keep saying they are providing very good service and I should appreciate their work, as I am the only person sending emails to above address they are unaware how many other OCI customers are not happy with their service

Dear Ranjan,
I would like to bring your kind attention the service are provided by High Commission of India,London is very poor.
Whatever said on website never gets done in that time duration and nobody respond to emails, trust me it is spoiling the reputation of High Commission.
Hope you will look into all these issues at your earliest convenience
Many thanks
Kind Regards

Many thanks to all for reading this post
Regards

Hi Mirjeddi,

I have emailed to all ids you have provided and received one reply from att.oci@hcilondon.in few mins before. Now after reading this mail I am confused whether to wait for OCI or go ahead for entry visa.

Dear Mr ....,

6 weeks is approximate time in the normal circumstances and the High Commission never gives a guarantee or firm commitment to applicants enabling them to plan their travel under that assumption in view of the fact that the technical/procedural difficulties cannot be ruled out. Before booking your tickets, you should have checked your status and should have gone ahead only once you were sure about availability of your documents. Your files have already been granted on 30th June and you may expect the cards by end of this month and there is no delay on the part of this Mission. Due to some printing problem in India which is beyond our control, the processing of OCI Cards is getting delayed nowadays. Hopefully, the problem will be overcome soon and the processing time will come to normalcy. Meanwhile, you are advised to apply for visa if you cannot postpone your travel.

Regards

V.P. Singh

Attache(OCI/PIO)

High Commission of India,

Aldwych, London

WC2B 4NA

Tel: 0207 632 3019

mirjeddi
Newly Registered

Post by mirjeddi » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:52 pm

Hi Amitc,

if you ticket is non-changeable/non-refundable then if I was you i would have gone for Entry Visa to avoid any risk of losing tickets or
holiday you have booked, if you are confident that they will give you OCI before your departure date then you can try waiting but make sure you send them email everyday asking for update.

hope this helps

Regards

Mirjeddi