ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non-EEU family permit

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

naonao1
Newly Registered

Non-EEU family permit

Post by naonao1 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:47 am

Hi everyone,
Since I'm still not able to contact the Irish immirgration service I wanted to try it via this forum.

I'm have the Dutch nationality, am 20 years old and I will be relocating to Dublin, Ireland in a few months. I will start to work there right away, I got a permanent contract at an International company with a gross monthly salary above the minimum salary in Ireland.
My husband has the Turkish nationality and is currently employed, with saved money.

I wanted to apply for my husbands Non-EEU family permit a few weeks after arriving/starting my job in Ireland. My question is, would that be possible? We can provide a marriage certificate, employment contract, birth certificates, passports and saved money.

Does Ireland require me to work in Ireland for a certain amount of time first?
Does Ireland require me to be 21 years old at the application time?
Can my husband also apply for a Short Family Visit Visa, and apply for the Non-EEU family permit during his stay or is that a bad idea?

I just want my husband near my side as soon as possible.

agniukas

Re: Non-EEU family permit

Post by agniukas » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:45 am

First your husband has to be in Ireland in order to apply for EU Treaty Rights. He can come either with C visit visa or D spouse of EU citizen visa.
Once he is here, then he can apply for a residence card based on your employment in Ireland.
There is no age limit in relation to the applicant or the EU citizen
There is no time limit as how long the EU citizen has to be in employment prior to submitting the application. You will have to submit 2 payslips, a letter or contract from your employer and tax credit certificate from the revenue. So you can apply pretty quickly after commencing employment.
processing will take up to 6 months but your husband will be issued a temporary stamp 4 allowing him to reside and work while awaiting for the decision.
For the list of the required documents check here:
http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/EU ... y%20Rights