ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Passport application processing timelines (only)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

marrik

Re: British Passport application processing timelines (only)

Post by marrik » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:43 pm

Keerthi...Sorry to ask again if you have already mentioned in your posts elsewhere...but when did the Peterborough office receive your application?

keerthi wrote:After calling every day continuously, received a call.... only from the call center again :oops: stating that need to wait for minimum 6 weeks before escalating.

After lot of pleading, the agent told me that he will write an e-mail ....if what they say is true, from Tuesday, Peterborough should have received 4 e-mail regarding my case...

The sad part is 'they can't find my ref no. in the system' and the explanation given is that system updates may be going on, so call back on Monday to check on your application status!!

Its MP from Monday, tired of calling the call center

keerthi

Post by keerthi » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:46 pm

11th June

marrik

Post by marrik » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:53 pm

Thanks. It is the same time as ours..Hopefully there will be some news soon!
keerthi wrote:11th June

lea123
Newly Registered

Post by lea123 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:03 pm

After reading through countless comments of people, like myself, waiting for their first passport with no assistance from the passport office, i really do not think it is fair. Those who are applying to get their passport renewed have the option to pay to have their passports fast tracked (in some cases free of charge/refunded), or pay to get the passport done the same day. Not only do we not get this option but we also have to have an interview which delays it longer. Fed up of this waiting game :(

BC_Applicant

Post by BC_Applicant » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:05 pm

maximux79 wrote:Received the supporting documents today with a note. "Your application has been received and its being processed. Your supporting documents have been noted and are enclosed"...

Have anyone received supporting documents before interview letter? Or is it a sign of further problems?

Sent application on 31-May-2014, Received at Peterborough - 04/06/2014

Cheers
Nah you will be fine the letter should be arriving either today or tomorrow. Get ready for the interview!

BC_Applicant

Post by BC_Applicant » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:08 pm

lea123 wrote:After reading through countless comments of people, like myself, waiting for their first passport with no assistance from the passport office, i really do not think it is fair. Those who are applying to get their passport renewed have the option to pay to have their passports fast tracked (in some cases free of charge/refunded), or pay to get the passport done the same day. Not only do we not get this option but we also have to have an interview which delays it longer. Fed up of this waiting game :(
its worth giving your MPs office a nudge and they can help you chase the application now that its almost 6 weeks for you.

lea123
Newly Registered

Post by lea123 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:11 pm

BC_Applicant wrote:
lea123 wrote:After reading through countless comments of people, like myself, waiting for their first passport with no assistance from the passport office, i really do not think it is fair. Those who are applying to get their passport renewed have the option to pay to have their passports fast tracked (in some cases free of charge/refunded), or pay to get the passport done the same day. Not only do we not get this option but we also have to have an interview which delays it longer. Fed up of this waiting game :(
its worth giving your MPs office a nudge and they can help you chase the application now that its almost 6 weeks for you.
Yeah i think i will try to, thank you.

spike_UK

Post by spike_UK » Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:08 pm

Hi guys, how to check online whether they have received my passport application or not? I have the barcode. Thanks
Applied for EEA4 on 24/02/2012.
HO received on 27/02/2012.
Refusal received on 16/08/2012 dated 11/08/2012
At the court, the HO REP withdrawn the decision and asked me to send the DOC for the time before marriage.
PR dated 05/03/2013

runie80
Member of Standing

Post by runie80 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:10 pm

Have you missed your holiday because a passport has not arrived on time? Email: newsonline.wales@bbc.co.uk

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-28250584
In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

marrik

Post by marrik » Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:11 pm

https://www.gov.uk/track-passport-application

This is the link to the online query for passports.
spike_UK wrote:Hi guys, how to check online whether they have received my passport application or not? I have the barcode. Thanks

spike_UK

Post by spike_UK » Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:16 pm

marrik wrote:https://www.gov.uk/track-passport-application

spike_UK wrote:Hi guys, how to check online whether they have received my passport application or not? I have the barcode. Thanks
Thanks marrik, I have already done this one but I didn't get much only an automatic acknowledgement as below:

No date No place, when and where received it!!!!!!!!

Passport application tracker

Automatic Acknowledgement
This is an automatic acknowledgement.

The form you submitted has been received successfully.
Applied for EEA4 on 24/02/2012.
HO received on 27/02/2012.
Refusal received on 16/08/2012 dated 11/08/2012
At the court, the HO REP withdrawn the decision and asked me to send the DOC for the time before marriage.
PR dated 05/03/2013

marrik

Post by marrik » Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:19 pm

No worries. They responded to me in about 3 days time. This was last month...considering how things are changing month on month not sure about how responsive they are now!
spike_UK wrote:
marrik wrote:https://www.gov.uk/track-passport-application

Thanks marrik, I have already done this one but I didn't get much only an automatic acknowledgement as below:

Passport application tracker

Automatic Acknowledgement
This is an automatic acknowledgement.

The form you submitted has been received successfully.

sian.b
Newly Registered

Post by sian.b » Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:57 pm

Final update.

Passport for: 1 Adult
Application Type: Naturalisation first British passport
Method of application: Post Office: Check and Send
Date of application: 3/6/14
Date application received by IPS: 6/6/14 Durham
Date of SMS: 9/6/14
Date of return of documents: 4/7/14
Date of receipt of interview letter: 4/7/14
Date of Passport Appointment: 9/7/14
Date of Passport Receipt: 11/7/14

Got intervention from our MP at 4 weeks of waiting to ask them to speed it up so all in all, just under 6 weeks start to finish.

Thanks to everyone for their help and for supplying phone numbers etc.
Good luck to everyone else!

MP1982

Post by MP1982 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:34 pm

[quote="MP1982"]Type of Application:2 x Adult First (Naturalizations) and 1 Minor
Method of Application: Post Office check & send
Date of Application: 16/05/2014
Date of SMS Received: Never received a SMS
Date of Receipt of Interview Letter: 03/07/2014 (for both adults)
Date of Return of Documents: 04/07/2014 (for both adults)
Receipt of Minor’s passport: 04/07/2014
Date of Interview booked: 09/07/2014
SMS received passport printing: 10/07/2014 (for both adults)
Date of Passports received: 11/07/2014

End of this epic migration journey. Big THANK YOU to this forum for all valuable advice and encouragements during past years. Good Luck to all wating for their passports. Wishes for speedy outcome!

MP

absane
Newly Registered
Mood:
Hong Kong

Post by absane » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:55 pm

absane wrote:Passport for: Adult
Application Type: New (overseas... citizen by descent)
Method of application: Online
Date of application: May 13th 2014
Date application received by IPS: May 19th 2014 @ Liverpool office
Date of return of documents: Haven't received
Date of receipt of interview letter: Nothing
Date of Passport Appointment: Nothing
Date of Passport Receipt: (waiting)
As an update... I had my Uncle contact his MP and he said he would contact the Liverpool office to see what is going on with my application. It's been 53 days, or 7.5 weeks, and not a single word about my application from Liverpool aside from when they received it and that it is in the "examination process".

BC_Applicant

Post by BC_Applicant » Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:47 am

absane wrote: As an update... I had my Uncle contact his MP and he said he would contact the Liverpool office to see what is going on with my application. It's been 53 days, or 7.5 weeks, and not a single word about my application from Liverpool aside from when they received it and that it is in the "examination process".
You should expect a reply next week as you have involved your MP. Good luck.

Rain

Post by Rain » Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:40 am

Hi Please help.

Will advice line guys put ne through to Liverpool office on a Saturday?

Do 0845 numbers work on Saturdays?

Can we go to Liverpool office today and be able to speak to a real person who knows progress of application.I have only been speaking to 0300 advice line who can only take message and actual passport office never calls back.

Please advice. Any personal experience?

doncgeorge123
Newly Registered

Post by doncgeorge123 » Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:13 am

Applied by Check & Send from Reading PO 28/05/14
SMS received - No
Rung 03 number 10 times and no one gave an answer. Checked online status and got a generic reply ( under examination process)
Rung Durham Office with 0845 number and requested to send my old Indian passport back as I need to travel. They said they will arrange to send it soon. Rung again on 23/06/14 on 0845 and they said they already sent my interview letter and documents back and gave me the reference number. So I rung Luton and booked one appointment for interview on 25/06/14.
Got the interview letter and old docs on 23/06/14
Done the interview on 25/06/14 and got text on 26/06/14 as passport printed. Received the passport on 28/06/14. Sharp on 30th day I got my British Passport..
Good luck for all...

specy_99

Post by specy_99 » Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:45 pm

Date of Application: 30/06/2014
Application type: Check & Send Post office
Date of SMS Received: received a SMS the same day as I called them.
Date of Receipt of Interview Letter: Awaiting
Date of Return of Documents: Awaiting
Date of Interview booked: Awaiting
SMS received passport printing: Awaiting
Date of Passports received: Awaiting

I have been told my application is at the Belfast office. Does anyone know how long it takes??? from Belfast office?

I called before and I was told that I should call back on the 21st...and now I am told I should call back after 6 weeks.

Is it common for the Home Office to contact the countersignatory as I wanted to give them extra phone no but the guy said they usually write to them.

BC_Applicant

Post by BC_Applicant » Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:44 pm

specy_99 wrote: Is it common for the Home Office to contact the countersignatory as I wanted to give them extra phone no but the guy said they usually write to them.
I had my passport interview today and can confirm that still the counter signatory hasn't been contacted yet. I will let you if he does get contacted before getting the passport printed.

Somudro
Member of Standing

Post by Somudro » Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:24 am

specy_99 wrote:Date of Application: 30/06/2014

I have been told my application is at the Belfast office. Does anyone know how long it takes??? from Belfast office?

I called before and I was told that I should call back on the 21st...and now I am told I should call back after 6 weeks.

Is it common for the Home Office to contact the countersignatory as I wanted to give them extra phone no but the guy said they usually write to them.

I Applied on 01/07/2014 - 1 day after you. No news yet.

absane
Newly Registered
Mood:
Hong Kong

Post by absane » Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:24 am

BC_Applicant wrote:
absane wrote: As an update... I had my Uncle contact his MP and he said he would contact the Liverpool office to see what is going on with my application. It's been 53 days, or 7.5 weeks, and not a single word about my application from Liverpool aside from when they received it and that it is in the "examination process".
You should expect a reply next week as you have involved your MP. Good luck.
Not my MP since I never even set foot in the UK in my life but one I am connected to by family. Anyway he will help out and hopefully I'll hear something soon. I am just starting to get worried because in a few weeks I am leaving my current country of residence and if they issue me a UK passport while I am no longer here, I probably will never receive it.

juliemjohn
Newly Registered

Post by juliemjohn » Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:00 am

Somudro wrote:
specy_99 wrote:Date of Application: 30/06/2014

My partner & I applied on the 03rd June 2014 from Belfast Office. His interview letter came on Friday, 11th July 2014 and interview on the 16th July. I am still waiting for my letter to come through. :(
Hope you hear from them soon.

Apparition

Post by Apparition » Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:26 pm

I live in Leeds. If I apply soon, do you approve postal (special delivery) to Peterborough? Seems like it's the best office and that postal beats check & send.

Any comments welcome, I've been watching this thread closely!

specy_99

Post by specy_99 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:23 pm

Thanks BC and Julie.

The guy I spoke to said they will write to counter signatory for a letter or a form to sign. Has anyone had this done?