ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Permit in Denmark/ Travel To UK

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

naumanmumtaz

EEA Permit in Denmark/ Travel To UK

Post by naumanmumtaz » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:13 pm

Hi Guys,
A quick reply would be great. I am British living in Denmark since april 2014. Non EU wife and son got Danish EEA 5 Year in June 2014. I want to move back to UK. Thinking of coming from Calais and get Code 1A stamped. Anyone had recent experience at Calais?
Specially after 01/01/2014 since unlawful rules were forced in Law.

Or any advice in terms of travelling to UK would be great.
Thank You

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: EEA Permit in Denmark/ Travel To UK

Post by chaoclive » Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:55 am

Hi there, not too sure about Calais per se, but I doubt that 3 months would be enough to move back to the UK just yet. At the moment the new rules (Jan '14) haven't been challenged in court and they do state that you have to prove you have moved the centre of your life to Denmark (in your case). I know there's no specific time limit but I would guess that your situation might be rejected. Of course, I hope I'm wrong and that you would have a smooth passage back into the UK but I think that they might require a bit longer than 3 months.

That's just my feeling of course...I hope some other people will come along with their experience.

Good luck!
CC