ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent visa extension from outside UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sresree140
Newly Registered

Dependent visa extension from outside UK

Post by sresree140 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:43 am

Hello,

I have lived in UK dependent visa as the spouse of a UK citizen. I applied before July 9 2012 and received the visa in September 2012 under the old rules. I entered UK in 2012 October and stayed there until 2014 April. Currently I am in India and may not be able to travel back until next year. My visa expires in December 2014. Can I apply for extension of dependent visa using FLR(M) from India? if not What should I do to re-enter UK in 2015?

Thanks
sresree

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Dependent visa extension from outside UK

Post by CR001 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:19 pm

You should try return before your visa expires. You cannot apply for an FLR(M) extension if you are not in the UK.

If it expires and you apply again next year, you will have to apply for a new entry clearance visa as spouse of British citizen under the new rules and your spouse will need to meet the income requirement of £18,600pa (if no children) and you will need to meet the A1 English language requirement as well as the standard requirements.

Your new visa will be a 5 year route to ILR with the first entry clearance valid for 2.5 years which you will then need to renew for a further 2.5 years before you can apply for ILR. The financial and English requirement will need to be met at each stage of applications.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sresree140
Newly Registered

Re: Dependent visa extension from outside UK

Post by sresree140 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:14 pm

Thank you for your quick and complete reply.