ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Has anyone got FLR(M) with City & Guilds B1 English Test

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tuliprose
Member of Standing

Has anyone got FLR(M) with City & Guilds B1 English Test

Post by tuliprose » Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:39 pm

Hi,

I am waiting for my SET(LR) and my wife for her FLR(M).

She was required A1 Level English from list of UKBA approved test providers. She passed Entry Level 3 from City & Guilds which is equal to CEFR B1 Level.

One of the forum member had similar case as mine and his dependant got FLR(M) refused as she provided City & Guilds B1 Level English language certificate.

In above case, is it case worker's mistake? Did anybody had any success with above qualification?

I'll really appreciate your responses.

Many Thanks.
Note: I do not work as an Immigration Consultant, but my advice comes from experiences and my opinions are my own.

Amber
Mood:

Re: Has anyone got FLR(M) with City & Guilds B1 English Test

Post by Amber » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:14 am

Considering that B1 is higher than A1 I don't see why they wouldn't accept it. If they do it would be Wednesbury unreasonable surely.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

tuliprose
Member of Standing

Post by tuliprose » Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:35 pm

Amber wrote:Considering that B1 is higher than A1 I don't see why they wouldn't accept it. If they do it would be Wednesbury unreasonable surely.
Amber thanks for your reply.

But it has happened.

Does it has to do anything with title of qualification. In approved list is says "City & Guilds International ESOL (IESOL) Diploma" and the one we submitted is Entry Level Certificate in ESOL Skills for Life (Entry 3) in Speaking and Listening.

www.gov.uk shows following information:

Approved English language qualifications

You can prove your knowledge of English by having an English level B1 qualification that’s 1 of the following:

*on the Home Office’s list of recognised English tests and qualifications

*an ESOL qualification at Entry 3 or higher (eg Level 1 or 2) on the Ofqual register taken in England, Wales or Northern Ireland

*an ESOL qualification at Scottish Qualifications Framework levels 4, 5 or 6 awarded by the Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA) and taken in Scotland

As per above information, my wife meets or exceeds the minimum requirement.

You’ll need to provide a certificate confirming your qualification or check that your online results can be viewed by UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI).
Note: I do not work as an Immigration Consultant, but my advice comes from experiences and my opinions are my own.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:11 am

It doesn't make sense to say that a B1 level does not meet A1 as B1 is higher than A1. Like I say it would be Wednesbury unreasonable.
So outrageous in its defiance of logic or accepted moral standards that no sensible person who had applied his mind to the question to be decided could have arrived at it.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.