ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Stamp 4 EUFAM

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

brunocavalcanti

Stamp 4 EUFAM

Post by brunocavalcanti » Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:19 pm

Hey guys, how are you?

I'm living in Dublin and I hold a Stamp 2 visa (I am Brazilian) which is going to expire in August. However, I am applying for the Civil Partnership (my partner is Spanish, living in Dublin as well), and my cerimony will be held now in October. So, I have a few questions:

1st - Since my visa is going to expire in August, could the immigration give me an extension of my visa until October?

2nd - If yes, I am travelling to Paris with him in September, would I have any problem coming back? By that I mean entering the State?

3rd (and last, I promise) - In November, we are going to Brazil for a couple of weeks, and we are planning to apply for the Stamp4 EUFAM in October yet. Would the immigration give me a temporary visa in the meantime? And how long does it take until they give me that? (Remembering that I will be a visa required at that time)

Thank you guys in advance! :)

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Stamp 4 EUFAM

Post by CalvinKlien » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:52 am

Hello, please see the below answers:

1st - Since my visa is going to expire in August, could the immigration give me an extension of my visa until October?

You need to provide a valid reason to the Immigration officer to extend your visa further... Could you not enroll in a new course OR in an existing one to extend your visa for another year as a student ?

2nd - If yes, I am traveling to Paris with him in September, would I have any problem coming back? By that I mean entering the State?

If your visa is due to expire in August and you go out of the state in Sept, you will NOT be able to return to Ireland, even though you wouldn't be able to board from the French airport...So be careful.

3rd (and last, I promise) - In November, we are going to Brazil for a couple of weeks, and we are planning to apply for the Stamp4 EUFAM in October yet. Would the immigration give me a temporary visa in the meantime? And how long does it take until they give me that? (Remembering that I will be a visa required at that time)

If you apply for the residence card in October, i think u would be on risk to go to Brazil in November as the EU Treaty rights section can take 6 to 8 weeks to return your passport and a temporary 6 months stamp (IF ALL THE DOCUMENTS ARE IN PLACE). The EU 1 application will take 6 months for the final decision.

MAKE SURE YOU PROVIDE ALL THE DOCUMENTS TO IMMIGRATION ON TH E FIRST PLACE WITH THE EU1 APPLICATION, THIS WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME.

Please find the EU1 application form on this link : http://inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Form%20EU1.p ... %20EU1.pdf

And make sure you have all the supporting documents mention in "Section 4". It wouldn't hurt if you go through the whole application form once to make sure you full fill all the requirements.

Good Luck

brunocavalcanti

Post by brunocavalcanti » Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:19 pm

Hello CalvinKlein,

Thank you for your reply.

So, I went to the immigration with him last weekend and they asked us for a proof of our civil partnership, address and our passports. But after waiting for 4 hours, they said that it is too early to give an extension or to know what they can do, so that I would have to come back one week before my visa expires. I hope they can extend it, because to enroll a new one (that is the only option) the minimum amount that I would have to pay is 850€. So, I think that it is too much for a visa that I won't even need it, if you know what I mean by that. BUT if it is the only option, I will have to renew it anyway.

About Paris, I was wondering if I get an extension, because I know that with a new student visa it wouldn't be a problem.

On the immigration website they say that if you need your passport or ID back, for travelling purposes, I have to enclose a written request together with the application. However, I do not know how long it takes, because our ceremony will be held on 23rd of October and we are going to Brazil on the 9th of November.

I am already making sure that I have all the documents ready, because probably, I will send the documents to them on the same week, after our ceremony.

Do you think with all the proof that we have, they would be able to give me an extension?

Thanks again!

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:28 pm

Hi,
I am not sure whether immigration officer will be able to extend your permission prior to your ceremony. EUTR will not give your permission without an application. It will probably be up to your luck.
You leave yourself a very short time to between the ceremony and your trip. Once you submit your application, your passport could be returned quick enough, but a temporary stamp 4 would be issued only when the application has been fully examined, which could take weeks.
There are too many IFs in your case and you are risking loosing the tickets if you are unable to travel.

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CalvinKlien » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:05 am

Hi brunocavalcanti,

agniukas have a very valid point. I think you have made too many plans without any clear picture. I would say slow down and progress slowly and gradually. It will save you disappointment at later stage.

The people in EU Treaty Rights are not easy to deal with.

brunocavalcanti

Post by brunocavalcanti » Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:38 pm

Hey guys, I have good news! :D

I was talking to the immigration by email, and after explaining everything with all the details, they replied saying: "You should attend the GNIB and request an extension of your permission until November. A card will not be issued at this time.

Please bring this email with you when you present at the GNIB."

Well, at least I will get the extension of my student visa until the 18th of November. I know that I am not giving myself time, but the thing is that I have the tickets to Brazil already and now I don't know what to do, because if I apply for the EU Treaty Rights before my trip, I might not get my passport back in time. However, if I get my passport back and they do not give me any stamp, what am I gonna do to entry to the state? (Coming back from Brazil - it'll be the 27th of November and I won't have any visa at that time) - I will be with my partner and with our Civil Partnership certificate.

I have seen on internet people on the same situation as me and a guy was saying that he has Italian citizenship and his wife only the Brazilian one, so she went through the European queue with him and she got a Stamp 3 and the immigration officer told her to apply for the resident visa. So I don't know if I should do the same in a worst scenario.

What do you guys think?

Thanks for the help so far :wink: