ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Parents visit visa...refused two times previously

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Administrator

irisace
Newly Registered

Parents visit visa...refused two times previously

Post by irisace » Sat Jul 12, 2014 4:55 am

Hi

Will really appreciate if anybody can help me in my query.

Father works in UAE, mother visits for 6 months at a time. Have a rented flat in PakistAn.

Previously 6-7 years ago they applied for a tourist visa from UAE and were given the visa but unfortunately were not able to travel as my father had to undergo a heart surgery.

Based on that I thought they will easily get the visa again and they have applied as tourists again but have been refused 2 times of not having sound financial backing which wasn't a issue when they were given the visa. But the most significant matter is that in both of those refused applications they did not show that they have a son in the Uk.

My question is: what are the implications of applying As a family visitor after not showing my presence in the uk and how do I tackle this issue.

Secondly parents don't have their own property or savings, what my dad earns is all spent and I occasionally send them money. How do I tackle this.

Could anyone help in this regard ?

ouflak1

Re: Parents visit visa...refused two times previously

Post by ouflak1 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:13 pm

irisace wrote: Based on that I thought they will easily get the visa again and they have applied as tourists again but have been refused 2 times of not having sound financial backing which wasn't a issue when they were given the visa. But the most significant matter is that in both of those refused applications they did not show that they have a son in the Uk.

My question is: what are the implications of applying As a family visitor after not showing my presence in the uk and how do I tackle this issue.
If they were genuine tourists, and seeing you wasn't the primary reason for their visit, that's ok. And keep in mind that this is entirely plausible, even if that tourist visit involved seeing you for a day or two. There's no rule that says that someone visiting the UK must absolutely make those relative the primary reason for their visit. That said, unless I'm mistaken, I do believe that the visitor's application specifically asks if the applicant has any relatives in the UK. I'm just not sure if it always has been so. Some experts will have to chime in on that. Assuming it did ask at the time they applied, and they said 'No'. Then I think this could be problem if the immigration officers makes the simple inquiry on how long their relative (you) has lived here and notes that this crosses over the times of their previous applications. They may have some difficult questions to answer and it could be tricky.
irisace wrote: Secondly parents don't have their own property or savings, what my dad earns is all spent and I occasionally send them money. How do I tackle this?
I consider this a fatal point for their application unfortunately. Maybe others will have a different opinion.

irisace
Newly Registered

Post by irisace » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:03 am

hi ouflak1
Thanks for your reply. Really appreciate it.

Yes you are right the tourist visitor application form DOES ask to mention any relatives present in the UK. To which they replied no.

Should I ask them to write a letter saying that because their primary reason was of being tourists they unintentionally replied No to the question and take it from there.

I am only planning to apply for my mom and one thing I have in my favour is that my wife is pregnant and maybe that can help me to increase the significance of the reason of why she needs to visit us as well.

But I still am not sure as I have seen some blogs that even the appeal was refused for parents...so do not know what to do ..?

Regards

ouflak1

Post by ouflak1 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:29 pm

irisace wrote:Should I ask them to write a letter saying that because their primary reason was of being tourists they unintentionally replied No to the question and take it from there.
At risk of giving legal advice (which is something that no one likes to do on this forum, and wisely so), I would definitely NOT do that. Even if the excuse is innocent misunderstanding, that would still be directly stating a previous violation of immigration rules (giving false information on an application). Unfortunately, I think they have kind of put themselves in somewhat of a bind with their previous statements. I'm not really sure how to get through this. It may not even come up. Hopefully somebody more expert on visitor visa applications will chime in. I do believe it is entirely possible though with this in the background. For me, it's the financial situation that is far more problematic, especially the lack of being able to show significant financial ties pulling her back to her country of residence. Otherwise, this is just a bit out of my league.
irisace wrote: I am only planning to apply for my mom and one thing I have in my favour is that my wife is pregnant and maybe that can help me to increase the significance of the reason of why she needs to visit us as well.
You would think that wouldn't you? And it's such a natural easy assumption to make: Wanting Mom to come over and help out when the new baby is born is more than enough reason to have her get a visa and stay for a while. Unfortunately, this makes the situation even a bit more complicated due to previous, somewhat infamous, abuses by others of this kind of visa arrangement. What you have to be clear about is that your Mom is not their to act as a babysitter while you and the wife go to work. She is there strictly in a support role and will be going back home in a month or two.