ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OLD FLR(M) waiting times Thread

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

zicoliu
Newly Registered

Re: FLR(M) waiting times 2011-2014

Post by zicoliu » Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:00 pm

ma14 wrote:
the result on certificate is pass
I'm not sure what else to suggest, if they refused the visa on english language but she has passed level B1, you can try to contact them to find out why, and then appeal.

ma14

Post by ma14 » Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:18 pm

I am confuse I have done city and guild entry level 3 which is accepted for ilr and naturalisation but home office didnt accept for flrm

zicoliu
Newly Registered

Post by zicoliu » Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:29 am

I've looked at the list of approved providers. For city and guilds it seems quite confusing on what they want you to submit.

Did you send
an IESOL diploma
or
IESOL and ISESOL certificate with notification of results?

Are you missing the results notification?

ma14

Post by ma14 » Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:01 pm

i have passed Entry Level Certificate in ESOL skills for life (Speaking and listening) ( entry 3) code 100/4901/0

it can also be used for settlement and neutralization which my friend did and got his ilr.

zicoliu
Newly Registered

Post by zicoliu » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:35 am

did you contact UKBA about why it was refused?

dream2
Newly Registered

Post by dream2 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:39 am

Need an advice or opinion please,

applied for the flr<m> unmarried under the 28days grace after appeal has been dismissed with no further right of appeal,
application sent on the 25th day also a judicial review submitted the 28th day and got married to my partner later on the 28th day

now i got acknoledgment , and then i sent my marriage certificate to them letting them know we are now married and we would like application treated as so, all other requirement met. did my biometrics few days ago.

my question is, what do you think are the likely posibilities here, am hoping for the best result though.

fuzzyhu
Newly Registered

Post by fuzzyhu » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:19 am

hi,

i applied for my husbands extension FLR (M) in june at the premium service center in sollihul

we had submitted a b1 level accredited by emd who is regulated by ofqual

we did a b1 as we were going to apply for indefinite but as time was running out and my hubby was not able to pass his life in the uk we just had to go apply for flr (M) last minute thing as all the paper work are the same apart from needing a life in the uk test pass for ilr..

anyway after submitting the case on same day we were told to return in two hours.. but just after half an hour we got a call from our case worker who said he wants us to get our original English certificate with which my husband applied with spouse visa first when coming to the uk which was ielts as he needs that to make a final decision..

we were on our way to get that when we got a call from him again he said to leave that as he had a word with his manager and to return..

we went back and he told us our application has been put on hold due to there being investigation on english certificates by emd....
and until the investigation is over we will have to wait..

he said he would have accepted the ielts certificate that my hubby submitted when applying for spouse visa abroad but his manager said no he will not accept that now even tho it was accepted then..

therefore since 1st week of june we have been waiting,, but recently on the 16th july my hubby received an email stating that there has been a decision made on his application and to do a short online survey..

i read up on the gov website about the survey and it said once there has been a decision made on your application if you have a email written on your application you will be sent a link to do a survey ..

therefore i am now waiting on a letter as i have not received anything

i was told my derision would have been successful it all depends on the English certificate investigation ..

i dont want whoever dealt with my case later to refuse it cause my hubby did b1 when it clearly states to do a A1 LEVEL OR ABOVE ON THERE WEBSITE and we had done b1 as we were originally going to apply for ilR

HAS ANYBODY ELSE HAD TO WAIT DUE TO EMD CERTIFICATES?

I KNOW THAT THEY ARE NOT ACCEPTING TOIEC AND TOEFL

boyb82

Post by boyb82 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:23 pm

fuzzyhu wrote:hi,

i applied for my husbands extension FLR (M) in june at the premium service center in sollihul

we had submitted a b1 level accredited by emd who is regulated by ofqual

we did a b1 as we were going to apply for indefinite but as time was running out and my hubby was not able to pass his life in the uk we just had to go apply for flr (M) last minute thing as all the paper work are the same apart from needing a life in the uk test pass for ilr..

anyway after submitting the case on same day we were told to return in two hours.. but just after half an hour we got a call from our case worker who said he wants us to get our original English certificate with which my husband applied with spouse visa first when coming to the uk which was ielts as he needs that to make a final decision..

we were on our way to get that when we got a call from him again he said to leave that as he had a word with his manager and to return..

we went back and he told us our application has been put on hold due to there being investigation on english certificates by emd....
and until the investigation is over we will have to wait..

he said he would have accepted the ielts certificate that my hubby submitted when applying for spouse visa abroad but his manager said no he will not accept that now even tho it was accepted then..

therefore since 1st week of june we have been waiting,, but recently on the 16th july my hubby received an email stating that there has been a decision made on his application and to do a short online survey..

i read up on the gov website about the survey and it said once there has been a decision made on your application if you have a email written on your application you will be sent a link to do a survey ..

therefore i am now waiting on a letter as i have not received anything

i was told my derision would have been successful it all depends on the English certificate investigation ..

i dont want whoever dealt with my case later to refuse it cause my hubby did b1 when it clearly states to do a A1 LEVEL OR ABOVE ON THERE WEBSITE and we had done b1 as we were originally going to apply for ilR

HAS ANYBODY ELSE HAD TO WAIT DUE TO EMD CERTIFICATES?

I KNOW THAT THEY ARE NOT ACCEPTING TOIEC AND TOEFL
My Wife did the same B1 from Learning Resource Network but she got refused today...

fuzzyhu
Newly Registered

Post by fuzzyhu » Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:30 pm

@boyb82

Was it emd esol international she did? What reason did they say about refusing the certificate?

boyb82

Post by boyb82 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:39 pm

ma14 wrote:i have passed Entry Level Certificate in ESOL skills for life (Speaking and listening) ( entry 3) code 100/4901/0

it can also be used for settlement and neutralization which my friend did and got his ilr.

Sorry about your wife case,

I am in the same boat my wife got refused today due to the same reason of A1 she got B1, and i did from Learning Resouce Network approved centre but HO refused application and said that college is not approved.

Also can you help me to find adress of HO where i can send them letter for administrative review or reconsidering their decision.

Regards

Shaz

boyb82

Post by boyb82 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:01 pm

fuzzyhu wrote:@boyb82

Was it emd esol international she did? What reason did they say about refusing the certificate?

ESOL Skill for life (Speaking and Listening Entry 3 ) from Learning Resource Network and said they are not approved provider.

fuzzyhu
Newly Registered

Post by fuzzyhu » Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:04 pm

have you phoned up the centre and asked them why they did not accept...

i spoke to officer about my case as theres two different lists for english language one for settlement purposes and one for proof you can speak and listen english which is stupid cause they both test same thing,, anyway my certificate comes under the settlement purposes but i did extention i did explain to the caseworker we only did this b1 certificate cause we were origanlly going to apply for settlement and i did that test for b1 settlement requirement but due to me failing my life in uk and time running out i had to go for extention.. i dont know if that case worker did put that in the note when he sent it of for further investigation team..

anyway i phoned HO the guy said there is a problem with your certificate but that does not mean it will be a rejection and he said my desicion letter is being written and will be sent to me soon... now im confused what does he mean by that

@boyb28 did you apply on premium service?

i did but i did emd esol international b1 as i was going for settlement

ma14

Post by ma14 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:37 pm

boyb82 wrote:
ma14 wrote:i have passed Entry Level Certificate in ESOL skills for life (Speaking and listening) ( entry 3) code 100/4901/0

I am in the same boat my wife got refused today due to the same reason of A1 she got B1, and i did from Learning Resouce Network approved centre but HO refused application and said that college is not approved.

Also can you help me to find adress of HO where i can send them letter for administrative review or reconsidering their decision.

Regards

Shaz
I am sorry to hear about your wife refusel what excatly written on your wife certificate
there must be a case worker name on refusal letter and address on acknowledgement letter best of luck
Regards

boyb82

Post by boyb82 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:53 pm

ma14 wrote:
boyb82 wrote:

Regards

Shaz
I am sorry to hear about your wife refusel what excatly written on your wife certificate
there must be a case worker name on refusal letter and address on acknowledgement letter best of luck
Regards
Letter dispatched from TMT 21 (Temporary Migrant Team) Sheffield and No case worker name or address or any contact number is mentioned on the letter , that's what make me more upset .
Also they should give me some information about the case worker but i am hoping to find out very soon as i am very concerned about it. If you can help me to find out address where i can contact them so that will be great help.

ma14

Post by ma14 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:27 pm

Letter dispatched from TMT 21 (Temporary Migrant Team) Sheffield and No case worker name or address or any contact number is mentioned on the letter , that's what make me more upset .
Also they should give me some information about the case worker but i am hoping to find out very soon as i am very concerned about it. If you can help me to find out address where i can contact them so that will be great help.[/quote

on my refusal letter is case worker name and Temporary Migrant Team, Sheffield. but there is no contact number. you get the address from contact center.
regards

ma14

Post by ma14 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:46 am

@ boyb82
Did you contact home office

boyb82

Post by boyb82 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:30 pm

ma14 wrote:@ boyb82
Did you contact home office
i don't have any contact mentioned on the letter and also i contact general enquiry which took more then 15 mintes with no answer.

dee_ukb
Newly Registered

Post by dee_ukb » Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:00 am

Guys,

I am also going through the same thing, (Skills for life entry level 3) got my wife's application refused....got letter from home office saying its not an approved certificate.....has anybody got any suggestions what can be done now.

Regards

ma14

Post by ma14 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:40 am

dee_ukb wrote:Guys,

I am also going through the same thing, (Skills for life entry level 3) got my wife's application refused....got letter from home office saying its not an approved certificate.....has anybody got any suggestions what can be done now.

Regards
from where you got your certifcate

dee_ukb
Newly Registered

Post by dee_ukb » Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:15 pm

Learning Resource Network

dee_ukb
Newly Registered

Post by dee_ukb » Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:09 pm

So is there any chance of approval or will I have to appeal and wait for at least 6 or 7 months, can somebody please advise on this?

ma14

Post by ma14 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:02 pm

dee_ukb wrote:So is there any chance of approval or will I have to appeal and wait for at least 6 or 7 months, can somebody please advise on this?
Brother we are in similar situation we are waiting for our reconsideration request outcome so cant say anything about reconsideration.
if you don't want to make fresh application then you must appeal in any case within given time frame.

dee_ukb
Newly Registered

Post by dee_ukb » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:42 pm

Hello ma14,

Thanks for your response.

Just want to know how did you apply for reconsideration and can we apply with fresh application without passport as HO is holding my wife's.

Please advise.

Regards

ma14

Post by ma14 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:39 am

[quote="dee_ukb"]Hello ma14,

Thanks for your response.

Just want to know how did you apply for reconsideration and can we apply with fresh application without passport as HO is holding my wife's.

Please advise.

Regards[/quote

I have requested caseworker to reconsider. you can write as well to the address on your acknowledgement letter. you can make fresh application by post but keep in mind whatever you want to do just do on time. if you request to reconsider you need to appeal as well as you do not want to lost your appeal right. please get someone senior or solicitor advise as well as i am only telling what i did.

dee_ukb
Newly Registered

Post by dee_ukb » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:25 pm

Thanks for the information.

I also want to apply for reconsideration, could you please advise what evidence you have provided to them - which show's that it is approved or accredited certificate.

Please help me, as I really don't know what to do, tomorrow I am going to meet solicitor.

Thanks.