ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Passport application processing timelines (only)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Mrbean
Newly Registered

Re: British Passport application processing timelines (only)

Post by Mrbean » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:05 pm

Passport for:Adult
Application Type: Naturalisation first British passport
Method of application: Post Office: Check and Send
Date of application:14/05/2014
Date application received by IPS: 19/05/2014 Durham
Date of SMS: 20/05/2014
Date of return of documents: 03/07/2014
Date of receipt of interview letter: 02/07/2014
Date of Passport Appointment: 12/07/2014
Date of Passport Receipt: 15/07/2014

Finally :P
Game over lol :lol:

BC_Applicant

Post by BC_Applicant » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:13 pm

adeelmpk wrote:Can someone please confirm if DX do deliver passports over weekend [especially Saturday] ? Presuming the passports are dispatched by DX.

Regards
return of documents was attempted on sat for me.

Capofficer
Newly Registered

Post by Capofficer » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:40 pm

Passport for:Adult
Application Type: Naturalisation first British passport
Method of application: Online and sent hard copy of refilled form
Date of application:09/06/2014
Date of return of documents: waiting
Date of receipt of interview letter: waiting
Date of Passport Appointment: waiting
Date of Passport Receipt: waiting

It's so unfortunate and unbelievable lazy, incompetent asses I would say. My application was made online initially. Since I sent my declared form and documents through special delivery to GLasgow office, I could see they'd received them very next day. I did not hear anything for 4 weeks and online status kept showing "Declaration form received application in progress" and I was waiting for a letter to book an interview date but to my surprise in 5th week a letter came along with new application form and saying I need to fill it up again and send it back to Pitersborough office again ith new signatory form and all which I did. I had to fill up grand parents related dates which they did not have in online application system, I don't know what was the problem with my application at first place. Now I received a text message saying my application has been received and will take upto further 6 weeks where as my online status says "please contact us". I called up passport service all they can do is write an email and call me in next 1working days.i waited and waited no one called. Since my online status says to contact these losers I tried my luck to call them in 0845 number given by a person who wrote me a letter. I remained on hold more than half an hour. I dialled at 4.20 pm and automatically asked me to hold .....waited till 5.05 nobody answered. Dialled again and it goes office is closed. What are these losers, incompetent and unprofessional lazy asses trying to do? Are they gonna take further 6 weeks after they wasted 5 weeks already? I am so frustrated, my days are numbered for holiday.

BC_Applicant

Post by BC_Applicant » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:44 pm

Capofficer wrote: It's so unfortunate and unbelievable lazy, incompetent asses I would say. My application was made online initially. Since I sent my declared form and documents through special delivery to GLasgow office, I could see they'd received them very next day. I did not hear anything for 4 weeks and online status kept showing "Declaration form received application in progress" and I was waiting for a letter to book an interview date but to my surprise in 5th week a letter came along with new application form and saying I need to fill it up again and send it back to Pitersborough office again ith new signatory form and all which I did. I had to fill up grand parents related dates which they did not have in online application system, I don't know what was the problem with my application at first place. Now I received a text message saying my application has been received and will take upto further 6 weeks where as my online status says "please contact us". I called up passport service all they can do is write an email and call me in next 1working days.i waited and waited no one called. Since my online status says to contact these losers I tried my luck to call them in 0845 number given by a person who wrote me a letter. I remained on hold more than half an hour. I dialled at 4.20 pm and automatically asked me to hold .....waited till 5.05 nobody answered. Dialled again and it goes office is closed. What are these losers, incompetent and unprofessional lazy asses trying to do? Are they gonna take further 6 weeks after they wasted 5 weeks already? I am so frustrated, my days are numbered for holiday.
Shocking treatment. I would urge you to write to your MP and let ms know detailed facts and ask him to intervene!

reddy009

Post by reddy009 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:45 pm

BC_Applicant wrote:
reddy009 wrote: Hi mate

did you get your passport today?
No Luck today. How about you?
i didnt get aswell.

BC_Applicant

Post by BC_Applicant » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:49 pm

reddy009 wrote:
i didnt get aswell.
Lets hope we get it tomorrow and if yes then I am going for the Indian Passport Surrender on Friday!

pondhopper123
Newly Registered

Post by pondhopper123 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:47 pm

pondhopper123 wrote:Application Type: Adult- Naturalisation first British passport
Method of application: check and send
Date of application: 21/5/14
Date application received by IPS: 28/5/14 Belfast?
Date of SMS: 28/5/14
Date of return of documents: 3/7/14- as I needed to travel I had to get my MP involved in order to get my docs rushed back to me early
Date of receipt of interview letter: 28/6/14
Date of Passport Appointment: None available in London, had to go to Luton but date was postponed due to travel 14/7/14
Date of Passport Receipt: 16/7/14

I am very stressed and confused- the Online query I did (filed 11/6, reply recd 13/6) said my Application was received at BELFAST. I live in London. I have called numerous times to try to get my Docs back and have had no call backs from Belfast at all (even though they are supposed to call within 48h). I called again today and apparently my App is now in PETERBOROUGH?

Did this happen to anyone else? Does it mean my application will be delayed longer than usual?

Thanks in advance!
Updates in red above

The passport helpline/advice line is useless. I needed to get my docs rushed back to me as I needed to travel and called numerous times to confirm they would be able to send it back. Those working at the helpline have a very limited access to any information at all - they can only tell you where your application was sent and if processing is 'in progress.' If you need more specific information all they can do is put in a request for the actual HM Passport Office call you back in 48 hours (never happened for me). Furthermore, the information the helpline has is not always accurate and on more than one occasion I was misinformed. For example as mentioned above my application was at Belfast, it was never in Peterborough so I do not know where this information came from. Online query is useless, even slower return rate than calling. I had to get my MP involved and they were very helpful and more successful in getting through to the actual passport office. I am convinced that had I not gone through this route I would have not been successful in getting my docs returned. If you are in a rush to get your docs returned/UK passport I would highly suggest contacting your MP's office as they seem to have more clout with the passport office.

The Passport interview was informal but still felt a bit like an interrogation/test. I could not remember some old addresses (from 5+ yr ago) but apparently I still passed as my new passport arrived today only 2 days later.

Thanks to everyone on this forum- this source has been of great value. Good luck to all.

BC_Applicant

Post by BC_Applicant » Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:03 am

While I wait for my passport to arrive I thought I will share my interview experience:

Interview was for 2:45 PM on sat I reached London Victoria PP office at about 2:15 PM

Went through a massive security check very similar to the airport security checkin
Collected a token number from reception and was asked to go to 1st floor
On 1st floor the staff took my details and explained that the interview will take 20 mins don't leave the building untill you have had the interview and that you cannot use any notes at the interview and you will have to rely on your memory to answer questions about you which was funny! Also they mention that after your interview you should expect to get your passport back within 2 weeks / 10 working days

They had a lot of booths and a lot of interviews were being conducted at the same time
They kept calling names one by one
Finally my token number was called at 2:50 PM
I met a nice interviewer she introduced herself and she said the interview will be recorded etc
Questions:
Name
Spell the name for me
DOB
Where were you born
Name of your Mom and Dad
Name of your partner and where was she born?
What does your partner do?
When did you move to the uk
Did you move alone
When did you get married and where?
When did you naturalise and where?
Whom do you bank with?
What accounts do you have with your bank?

It all was over in 7 mins and at the end she mentioned that I should get my passport back in 3-4 working days.

Hope this helps ppl who have upcoming appointments or are waiting to get their interview letters etc.

akash08

Post by akash08 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:34 am

That is bit boring set of questions. I had a very enjoyable interview session in Bristol where i was asked

How my parents feel about me changing citizenship
If i am a hands on manager or not
I had to convince them that child benefit systems indeed changed and i can not get it and explained how stupid the system is because it does not take into account cumulative salary of parents
They asked me why i got interview ref number calling Durham office and tried hard proving why my case can not be called a delay and i told them all the stats i knew from this forum. When asked how i know all these, i gave them this forum address and they made a note of it.

guesschinee
Newly Registered

Post by guesschinee » Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:50 am

Update

Passport for: Adult (Durham Office)
Application Type: First time (naturalised citizen)
Method of application: PO Check and Send
Date of application: 06/06/2014
SMS received: 09/06/2014
Date of receipt of interview letter: non, but receive a call from my case worker from Durham on 17/07/2014 and got my interview reference number
Date of return of documents:
Date of Passport Appointment: 18/07/2014
Date of Passport Printing SMS received:
Date of Passport Receipt:

Betitoo
Newly Registered

Post by Betitoo » Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:24 am

Date of Application: 03/06/2014
Date of Application Received by IPS: 06/06/2014 (Liverpool Office)
Date of SMS Received: 09/06/2014
Date of Fees deduction: Check and Send at post office
Date of Receipt of Interview Letter: 16/07/2014 (15/07/2014 - Had a phone call from Liverpool office for intw ref number )
Date of Return of Documents: pending...
Date of Interview booked: 17/07/2014
Date of Passport Receipt: pending....

I've just finished my interview at Victoria, 20 min interview with basic questions.
I was told that I will receive my passport in next 7-10 days.

adeelmpk
Newly Registered

Post by adeelmpk » Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:26 am

Passport for: Adult
Date of application: 16/06/2014
SMS received: 23/06/2014
Date of receipt of interview letter: 17/07/2014 [Since I was already chasing it, someone from passport office gave me a call on 16/07 and provided the reference number and advised I can book the interview straight away]
Date of return of documents: 17/07/2014
Date of Passport Appointment: 17/07/2014 - Reading office had next day appointments avalaible
Date of Passport Printing SMS received: PENDING
Date of Passport Receipt: PENDING

BC_Applicant

Post by BC_Applicant » Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:34 pm

[quote="BC_Applicant"]Finally I am going to post my timeline and experience...

Passport for:1 Adult
Application Type: Naturalisation First British passport
Method of application: Post Office: Check and Send
Date of application:29/05/2014
Date application received by IPS: 02/06/2014 Peterborough
Date of SMS: 03/06/2014
Date of return of documents: 15/07/2014
Date of receipt of interview letter: Not yet received but posted on 4th July Friday
Date of Passport Appointment: Booked for 11/07/2014
Date of Passport Receipt: 17/07/2014

All Done Finally now to start the OCI process after the Surrender and the fee to surrender your Indian passport is £117 ridiculous!

akash08

Post by akash08 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:03 pm

Is there any discount for this?

I am wondering why they charged me £117.24

BC_Applicant

Post by BC_Applicant » Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:11 pm

akash08 wrote:Is there any discount for this?

I am wondering why they charged me £117.24
No discount mate...

http://in.vfsglobal.co.uk/surrender_fees.html

runie80
Member of Standing

Post by runie80 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:48 pm

Looks they are hiring more people. Let's hope they are able to bring the backlog down quick. How many people have their whole life on hold because of this passport saga

Not very well paid jobs. I guess they make their money on "overtime". I think they deserve to get better pay. Very undervalued job.
Attachments
Screenshot_2014-07-17-15-35-40.png
Screenshot_2014-07-17-15-35-40.png (219.57 KiB) Viewed 1660 times
In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

reddy009

Post by reddy009 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:11 pm

BC_Applicant wrote:
reddy009 wrote:
i didnt get aswell.
Lets hope we get it tomorrow and if yes then I am going for the Indian Passport Surrender on Friday!
did you get it today?
Can we send by post or do we need to go to passport office to surrender our Indian Passport?

BC_Applicant

Post by BC_Applicant » Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:19 pm

reddy009 wrote: did you get it today?

Can we send by post or do we need to go to passport office to surrender our Indian Passport?
Yes I got it today.

You can send it by Post too.

reddy009

Post by reddy009 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:22 pm

BC_Applicant wrote:

Yes I got it today.

Congrats, i will go home and check.

Thanks

reddy009

Post by reddy009 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:16 pm

BC_Applicant wrote:

Yes I got it today.

I didn't get today aswell

BC_Applicant

Post by BC_Applicant » Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:49 pm

reddy009 wrote: I didn't get today aswell
shld be tomorrow mate!

skeniver
Newly Registered

Post by skeniver » Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:01 am

Hi,

I thought I would post about my experience here too:

Passport for: Adult
Date of application: 13/05/2014
SMS received: PENDING
Date of receipt of interview letter: PENDING
Date of return of documents: PENDING
Date of Passport Appointment: PENDING

I've been dealing with the advice line for over two weeks now and had no call back from the passport office dealing with the application (Peterborough). Apparently the address was incorrect, so they say that the letter may have been sent to the wrong house in the road. However, I still can't find out any information on what is happening with my request.

I've got the opportunity to travel for work in a months time, but my RSA passport is obviously also held up in the process.

Does anyone have any advice on how I could either find out what is going on or get my old passport back so that I can travel? I'm reaching the end of my tether on what to do about this...

muzammil1124

Post by muzammil1124 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:27 am

Hi All, my passport is at Belfast Office and I need to start chasing them. Should I call the passport helpline number 0300 or the Belfast Passport Office number. Please advice

Betitoo
Newly Registered

Post by Betitoo » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:15 am

Date of Application: 03/06/2014
Date of Application Received by IPS: 06/06/2014 (Liverpool Office)
Date of SMS Received: 09/06/2014
Date of Fees deduction: Check and Send at post office
Date of Receipt of Interview Letter: 16/07/2014 (15/07/2014 - Had a phone call from Liverpool office for interview ref number )
Date of Interview booked: 17/07/2014
Date of Passport Printing SMS received: 18/07/2014
Date of Passport Receipt: pending....

Dassie
Newly Registered

Post by Dassie » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:37 am

adeelmpk wrote:Passport for: Adult
Date of application: 16/06/2014
SMS received: 23/06/2014
Date of receipt of interview letter: 17/07/2014 [Since I was already chasing it, someone from passport office gave me a call on 16/07 and provided the reference number and advised I can book the interview straight away]
Date of return of documents: 17/07/2014
Date of Passport Appointment: 17/07/2014 - Reading office had next day appointments avalaible
@adeelmpk - how frequently/through whom were you chasing your application? I applied on the same day as you, so great to see some approvals coming through! But want to see what I can do to hurry it up. Thanks in advance.