ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR PEO ON 21 JULY 2014 TAX ISSUE

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

roxystar69
Newly Registered

ILR PEO ON 21 JULY 2014 TAX ISSUE

Post by roxystar69 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:42 am

Dear Senior Members specially Amber as you have guided me long ago

I am applying for ILR with my wife and one dependent under 18.

I have a concern if you can give me the expert opinion so as I can be prepared.

-Tier 1 General Extension granted in Nov 2012
-Eligible for ILR 4 Years and 11 months 17 July 2014
PEO date is 21 07 2014
- Teir 1 extension granted based on employment and self employment

- Net profit showed to Home office from self employment was £ 17000
- Self assessment for year 2012 net profit mentioned £ 17000 (at box no 20 under Net profit and loss) but further £ 7000 claimed as annual investment allowance which is box no 22 on self assessment form
( under Net profit and loss)) and that result in paying almost about £ 2300 less tax.

At that point it seems OK to me as I have saved about £ 2300 but now I am going for ILR so about three weeks back I met a nice accountant who has mentioned me that it is debatable but it will be better that you get this amended from HMRC as this way exact figures will tally if Home office wants to investigate.

Now the figures has now been amended from HMRC the letter has been received , however , I don't have enough funds to pay the entire due of £ 2300 so I have arranged instalment plan from HMRC .

Reviewing the above please let me have your best opinion as I am short of time since the appointment is on 21 07 14.

Just for the reference for senior members that I am no more self employed and showing income from my two employers which is about £ 35400 which gives me points to meet the criteria.

I will be anxiously waiting for your advise , help and guidance

Thanks a lot in advance

Roxy
Last edited by roxystar69 on Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

roxystar69
Newly Registered

Re: ILR PEO ON 21 JUNE 14 TAX ISSUE

Post by roxystar69 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:51 am

Hi Experts and Senior members,

I will be really obliged if you can give me your expert opinion

Thanks

Amber
Mood:

Re: ILR PEO ON 21 JULY 2014 TAX ISSUE

Post by Amber » Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:05 pm

Should be fine as you've made a payment plan.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

yasa
Diamond Member

Re: ILR PEO ON 21 JULY 2014 TAX ISSUE

Post by yasa » Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:01 pm

roxystar69 wrote:Dear Senior Members specially Amber as you have guided me long ago

I am applying for ILR with my wife and one dependent under 18.

I have a concern if you can give me the expert opinion so as I can be prepared.

-Tier 1 General Extension granted in Nov 2012
-Eligible for ILR 4 Years and 11 months 17 July 2014
PEO date is 21 07 2014
- Teir 1 extension granted based on employment and self employment

- Net profit showed to Home office from self employment was £ 17000
- Self assessment for year 2012 net profit mentioned £ 17000 (at box no 20 under Net profit and loss) but further £ 7000 claimed as annual investment allowance which is box no 22 on self assessment form
( under Net profit and loss)) and that result in paying almost about £ 2300 less tax.

At that point it seems OK to me as I have saved about £ 2300 but now I am going for ILR so about three weeks back I met a nice accountant who has mentioned me that it is debatable but it will be better that you get this amended from HMRC as this way exact figures will tally if Home office wants to investigate.

Now the figures has now been amended from HMRC the letter has been received , however , I don't have enough funds to pay the entire due of £ 2300 so I have arranged instalment plan from HMRC .

Reviewing the above please let me have your best opinion as I am short of time since the appointment is on 21 07 14.

Just for the reference for senior members that I am no more self employed and showing income from my two employers which is about £ 35400 which gives me points to meet the criteria.

I will be anxiously waiting for your advise , help and guidance

Thanks a lot in advance

Roxy
You are on a payment plant. you should be fine. My friend just got his on the same situation.
Hope this helps
=======================
Every cloud has silver lining
=======================