ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

dino2296
Newly Registered

Re: Overseas Citizenship of India (OCI)

Post by dino2296 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:20 am

I got my OCi completed,
Date of Acknowledgement was 23rd May 2014, i did everything by post.

I applied in London, even though I live in Birmingham. I had no problems with London. well done london

Birmingham twice rejected my application as the staff were just been obstructive for the sake of it, i sent exactly the same details and documents to London that i sent to Birmingham.
the people in GCI Birmingham should be ashamed and embarrassed, terrible service, attitude and total arrogance.

amitc

Post by amitc » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:46 am

mirjeddi wrote:Hi Amitc,

if you ticket is non-changeable/non-refundable then if I was you i would have gone for Entry Visa to avoid any risk of losing tickets or
holiday you have booked, if you are confident that they will give you OCI before your departure date then you can try waiting but make sure you send them email everyday asking for update.

hope this helps

Regards

Mirjeddi

Hi mirjeddi,

I have emailed again to attaché and info id regarding current status of my OCI and also requesting them to allow me to collect OCI from HCI in emergency. I have received response from both of them. Info replied me that it is waiting to be printed and I can drop my passports, travel itinerary and self addressed envelope at HCI and they will returned it by post on priority. Another email I have received from attaché that he has sent an email to Delhi to expedite my printing and also he can allow me to collect my OCI from HCI. I have to email him for prior appointments to collect HCI. I have 2 more weeks left to fly, so hopefully it will come beginning of next week and I can collect anytime after that. If my status won’t change before Friday this week then I have to apply for entry visa end of the week.

Thanks for your help and support.

mollsm
Newly Registered

Post by mollsm » Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:42 pm

I applied in person on 10 June and for my parents by post ack 20 June. By making a nusiance of myself, I managed to get all three applications dealt with and all have now been received in London. Passports sent for OCI affixation. For my parents the process only took three weeks; they were granted OCI on 10 July, al three printed 17 and sent to london 18 July and already received in London which is amazing, given what i have read on this forum. I think it is some luck. Also you have to continue to pester which i did by email, fax etc.. We are leaving for India on 9th and I was determined ot to spend any more money on a torust visa.

asadulla

Post by asadulla » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:10 am

Hi

I have applied for OCI through Post to CGI Birmingham.

I wanted to know how do you get the acknowledgment(by post, email, sms or update on the online status) and when will the online status change to other than record not found. I want to know time it take for the day embassy receives the application

Thanks

BC_Applicant

Post by BC_Applicant » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:00 pm

anandv76 wrote: =====================
My timelines are :

Applied in-person at High Commission : 25 June 2014
Date of acknowledgement: 25 June 2014
Documents Printing Status PROCESSED : Waiting
Dispatched From MOIA (OCI ) NEW DELHI On: Waiting
Document received At London On: Waiting
Post passport by Special Delivery : Waiting
Documents received at HCI london: Waiting
Received stamped passport and OCI booklet on: Waiting
Did you have to submit the adults' birth certificate/proof of date of birth?[/quote]

Hi Mate, Obviously this has been with them for close to a month any progress on your case?

Thanks!

SBUK2014
Newly Registered

Post by SBUK2014 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:14 pm

SBUK2014 wrote:Hello Members,

Our OCI application has been approved and the papers have arrived in London today. However, as we are leaving for India next week, there is no time for the special delivery postal process. I was told when submitting the application that if there was not enough time in the end, to come directly to ihc in person (with proof of air tickets, etc) and get the oci.

My question is should I have to book an appointment (if this is the case, I am unsure how, as there is nothing on the ihc website related to this topic) or should I simply go in person with all the documents and request the oci stamp on the passports?

Any advice, much appreciated.

Thanks.
Hi All,

I got our OCI documents by going directly to hci london and requesting for it. I took a printout of my e-tickets and explained that there was no time for Royal Mail process. I was ushered into the building and taken to the OCI section and was given the passports with OCI card within minutes. I did not make any appointment for this and was told by the manager that I should have done it, however I was still served.The staff were most friendly and courteous, and the overall experience was very pleasant and straightforward.

Hope you find this useful. Thanks to all for your contributions.

dino2296
Newly Registered

Post by dino2296 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:08 pm

I am trying to check the status of my partners OCI status, but it comes with error, Is anyone else having the same problem? THis is for application made in London

Vinu karthik
Newly Registered

Post by Vinu karthik » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:12 pm

Hello all,

I applied for OCI and for my husband on 27th june 2014. For 3 weeks it came under process when checked online but from 4th week , it says "some error" or "no such record found". I tried to call the numbers from website but no one is picking it up. do someone have any idea of knowing the status....or some one experienced as i am now.....

thank you,
vinu.

BC_Applicant

Post by BC_Applicant » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:15 pm

dino2296 wrote:I am trying to check the status of my partners OCI status, but it comes with error, Is anyone else having the same problem? THis is for application made in London
I am having this issue too. However, I don't think the tracking starts straight away! I submitted my application this afternoon @ London.

BC_Applicant

Post by BC_Applicant » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:16 pm

Vinu karthik wrote:Hello all,

I applied for OCI and for my husband on 27th june 2014. For 3 weeks it came under process when checked online but from 4th week , it says "some error" or "no such record found". I tried to call the numbers from website but no one is picking it up. do someone have any idea of knowing the status....or some one experienced as i am now.....

thank you,
vinu.
How soon did the tracking start after submitting your application?

Vinu karthik
Newly Registered

Post by Vinu karthik » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:26 pm

after a week i think....

BC_Applicant

Post by BC_Applicant » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:39 pm

Vinu karthik wrote:after a week i think....
Thanks!

dino2296
Newly Registered

Post by dino2296 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:37 pm

I seem to be having the same problem, so it must be system error! I know from checking last week that application has been acknowledged, I didn't try and call them as it is a waste of time! I will just try in a few days,

Vinu karthik wrote:Hello all,

thank you,
vinu.

Vinu karthik
Newly Registered

Post by Vinu karthik » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:50 pm

att.oci@hcilondon.in , dhc.office@hcilondon.in , min.coord@hcilondon.in , fs.coord@hcilondon.in

send email to above all the email address...i did it....i took it from this same forum....see in page 145....i got reply saying it got granted and approved on 17th july. hopefully i think i will get it by next week.

rajan1984

Post by rajan1984 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:50 pm

I am facing the "Some problem occurred" message when I try to check the status. It has been more than 4 months I am fighting to get my OCI approved. Such a pain ...

BC_Applicant

Post by BC_Applicant » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:53 pm

rajan1984 wrote:I am facing the "Some problem occurred" message when I try to check the status. It has been more than 4 months I am fighting to get my OCI approved. Such a pain ...
I am also getting the same message although I only applied earlier today.

amitc

Post by amitc » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:22 am

Dear members,

At last I have some updates for you. Bellow is my time line:

Date Of application and Acknowledgment 9-June-2014
Registration Status at Mission LONDON
Documents Printing Status PROCESSED On 22-July-2014
Dispatched From MOIA (OCI ) NEW DELHI On 23-JUL-2014
Document received At LONDON On 25-JUL-2014
Collected passport and OCI booklet in person on: 28th July 2014

I have collected my OCI from HCI in person. I am thankful to this forum and Mr V.P. Singh in HCI, who is very helpful; he was always in touch with me for last 1 week and emailed Delhi to expedite my application. Also he emailed and authorise me to see him in main embassy building and collect my OCI from him.

Now started packing for my holiday to India.

techie_09

Post by techie_09 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:01 am

BC_Applicant wrote:
rajan1984 wrote:I am facing the "Some problem occurred" message when I try to check the status. It has been more than 4 months I am fighting to get my OCI approved. Such a pain ...
I am also getting the same message although I only applied earlier today.
I found workaround to this problem by using "File (Acknowledgment) No". I was also getting the same error while using "Online Registration No" and system works if you use "File (Acknowledgment) No".

I hope this helps.

Cheers
Techie

BC_Applicant

Post by BC_Applicant » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:06 am

techie_09 wrote:
I found workaround to this problem by using "File (Acknowledgment) No". I was also getting the same error while using "Online Registration No" and system works if you use "File (Acknowledgment) No".

I hope this helps.

Cheers
Thanks that works!

sunilbit
Newly Registered

Post by sunilbit » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:41 pm

I was getting the same error since Friday.
Search by 'File (Acknowledgment) No' did the trick. Use the 'Retrieve Forgot Details' OCI service to retrieve the 'File (Acknowledgment) No' at URL: https://passport.gov.in/oci/forgotRegis

Thanks 'techie_09'

Application timelines (4 Applications: Me, partner and two kids):
Date Of application and Acknowledgment 16-June-2014
Documents Printing Status PROCESSED : 25-July-2014
Dispatched From MOIA (OCI ) NEW DELHI : 28-JUL-2014
Document received At LONDON: Hopefully by tomorrow

BC_Applicant

Post by BC_Applicant » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:08 pm

sunilbit wrote: Application timelines (4 Applications: Me, partner and two kids):
Looks like this is right on the timelines stated. Well done!

akash08

Post by akash08 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:55 pm

BC_Applicant wrote:
sunilbit wrote: Application timelines (4 Applications: Me, partner and two kids):
Looks like this is right on the timelines stated. Well done!
@BC_Applicant

Have you applied for OCI? Can you list the documents you submiited and your experience please?
I have an appointment on 4th August.

BC_Applicant

Post by BC_Applicant » Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:02 pm

akash08 wrote: Have you applied for OCI? Can you list the documents you submiited and your experience please?
Application for OCI made in London HCI on 28th July 2:00 PM appointment.
Appointment booked on 25th July Friday
Docs submitted:
Filled Form
Payment £175 in Cash (You can pay by Cash or through Postal Order)
1 Photograph
1 Copy of Surrender Certificate (Had to show original just for Surrender Certificate)
1 Copy of the photo page of the British Passport
I copy of Naturalisation Certificate

Everything was hassel free went it just before 2 and I was the 2nd name to be called. Finished the formalities in 5 mins and was out by 2:10 PM

Thanks!

akash08

Post by akash08 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:28 pm

BC_Applicant wrote:
akash08 wrote: Have you applied for OCI? Can you list the documents you submiited and your experience please?
Application for OCI made in London HCI on 28th July 2:00 PM appointment.
Appointment booked on 25th July Friday
Docs submitted:
Filled Form
Payment £175 in Cash (You can pay by Cash or through Postal Order)
1 Photograph
1 Copy of Surrender Certificate (Had to show original just for Surrender Certificate)
1 Copy of the photo page of the British Passport
I copy of Naturalisation Certificate

Everything was hassel free went it just before 2 and I was the 2nd name to be called. Finished the formalities in 5 mins and was out by 2:10 PM

Thanks!
Thanks. I was bit confused whether they are asking for bith certifcate and I guess from your list that is NO.

Can you please let me know if the copies need to be self attested like surrender certificate or not?

Also I guess 1 photograph is over and above what you pasted on the form?

BC_Applicant

Post by BC_Applicant » Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:52 pm

Moderators please delete! got posted twice!
Last edited by BC_Applicant on Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.