ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wife needs to work in EU

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

imagocreative
Newly Registered

Wife needs to work in EU

Post by imagocreative » Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:19 pm

My father was born in Italy so I have EU citizenship. I am planning on moving to Ireland and it is very possible that within a few years I will marry my American girlfriend. If we get married in Ireland, how long would it be until she can work there?

Thanks! :)

JAJ
Australia

Re: Wife needs to work in EU

Post by JAJ » Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:56 am

imagocreative wrote:My father was born in Italy so I have EU citizenship. I am planning on moving to Ireland and it is very possible that within a few years I will marry my American girlfriend. If we get married in Ireland, how long would it be until she can work there?
Are you sure that you are an Italian citizen? Being born in Italy does not in itself make you an Italian citizen.

Have you got an Italian passport?

Anyway, unless the law changes, forget Ireland because you cannot as an EU member state citizen sponsor a spouse for residence unless you have previously lived in another EU member state.

imagocreative
Newly Registered

Post by imagocreative » Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:13 am

I do have an Italian passport.
So how long would I have to live in Ireland in order for my wife to work there? Would it be different in the UK?

archigabe

Post by archigabe » Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:43 pm

Yes,unless you have strong reasons to be in Ireland,the UK or Northern Ireland would be the best option.If Ireland sorts out the mess they've created in not respecting E.U directives then maybe you can consider moving to Ireland.Ireland is not worth the hassle for now.

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:07 pm

imagocreative wrote:My father was born in Italy so I have EU citizenship. I am planning on moving to Ireland and it is very possible that within a few years I will marry my American girlfriend. If we get married in Ireland, how long would it be until she can work there?

Thanks! :)
why did you pick ireland?