ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What if the kid is born in India ? B Citizenship for kid

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

IndiMarshall
Member of Standing

What if the kid is born in India ? B Citizenship for kid

Post by IndiMarshall » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:52 pm

Hi Gurus and to the people who had all been there..

I am looking for quickest options for the kid to get citizenship so that mother and kid doesnt get blocked in India.

If the kid is born in India for a father who got British citizenship in 2014 and to mother who got ILR in 2013 ..... for this situation I have some questions..

1) Does it take 16 weeks process (I heard somewhere) exactly or more to get citizenship for kid?? Are there any premium services which can speed up the process to get citizenship for kid ?

2) Can the child come on tourist visa to UK and apply for Citizenship while child is in UK ?

3)Can the child apply Indian citizenship quickly and come here to UK and apply for British citizenship ? is there any clause that the child should wait till 18th birthday ??

secret.simon

Re: What if the kid is born in India ? B Citizenship for kid

Post by secret.simon » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:23 pm

If the father has got British citizenship in 2014 and the child is born after that, the child will be British by descent.

It will not need a tourist visa to come to the UK as it is already British. You can apply for its British passport directly.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:06 pm

If the child is British one should apply for a British Passport or CoE.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

IndiMarshall
Member of Standing

Post by IndiMarshall » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:33 am

secret.simon wrote:If the father has got British citizenship in 2014 and the child is born after that, the child will be British by descent.

It will not need a tourist visa to come to the UK as it is already British. You can apply for its British passport directly.
Thank you. Do you know the process how to acquire British passport for kid when born in India? Is there any quick process ?
Last edited by IndiMarshall on Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

IndiMarshall
Member of Standing

Post by IndiMarshall » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:36 am

Amber wrote:If the child is British one should apply for a British Passport or CoE.
Is the kid not eligible to apply for Indian citizenship bcoz he is born in Inida ? and then come here and apply for B citizenship on the basis of Father's British citizenship (i.e me who got Brit citizenship now and was on Indian passport earlier ) and mother's ILR ?

pls reply .. sorry If I sound outright ignorant. I am looking for quick options if any ..so that mother and kid need not stay in India for long time say more than 4 months.

Amber
Mood:

Post by Amber » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:40 am

The child was acquire an Indian Passport (if eligible) and have a CoE placed inside the Indian Passport for entry into the UK.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

IndiMarshall
Member of Standing

Post by IndiMarshall » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:57 am

Amber wrote:The child was acquire an Indian Passport (if eligible) and have a CoE placed inside the Indian Passport for entry into the UK.

K I will check with others about the eligibility for Indian passport . So can the kid then eligible for British passport immediately when the kid arrives in UK.?

sandeep_195
Newly Registered

Post by sandeep_195 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:08 am

Hi Guys

I am new to this forum. Well, I applied for child's British Citizenship from India 3 times already (was in India and applied with both the British Original Passport) and each time they return for seperate reasons.
The reasons were :
1. Anti natal records were not enough
2. Counter signatory was incorrect - not sure why
3. They need an Indian address proof

Now, I had to come back to London as I could not spend more time with them.

Now, I am confused of what steps needs taken in terms of my original passport, shall I just get a notarized one or these days notarized copies are not enough ?

Kindly confirm, as am planning to apply it again soon.

Thanks
Sandeep

IndiMarshall
Member of Standing

Post by IndiMarshall » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:31 am

sandeep_195 wrote:Hi Guys

I am new to this forum. Well, I applied for child's British Citizenship from India 3 times already (was in India and applied with both the British Original Passport) and each time they return for seperate reasons.
The reasons were :
1. Anti natal records were not enough
2. Counter signatory was incorrect - not sure why
3. They need an Indian address proof

Now, I had to come back to London as I could not spend more time with them.

Now, I am confused of what steps needs taken in terms of my original passport, shall I just get a notarized one or these days notarized copies are not enough ?

Kindly confirm, as am planning to apply it again soon.

Thanks
Sandeep
sorry to hear your situation .. so u mean the citizenship application was rejected thrice for your baby ? When did u apply and when was the first response you got ..
I mean how much time is it taking for the child to get British citizenship..
Last edited by IndiMarshall on Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

sandeep_195
Newly Registered

Post by sandeep_195 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:51 am

Not sure yaar.. am so confused.. reading the post in IndiaMike now .. as hear no much discussion going on.

I need to re-apply in August probably and am too scared as well...

IndiMarshall
Member of Standing

Post by IndiMarshall » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:58 am

sandeep_195 wrote:Not sure yaar.. am so confused.. reading the post in IndiaMike now .. as hear no much discussion going on.

yes I didnt get my answer for questions I posted here.. :( there is no much help here from other Indians or immigration experts who have been through this process..

sandeep_195
Newly Registered

Post by sandeep_195 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:43 pm

sorry to hear that... btw.. what was the question ?

humawakas2014

Post by humawakas2014 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:44 pm

IndiMarshall wrote:
sandeep_195 wrote:Not sure yaar.. am so confused.. reading the post in IndiaMike now .. as hear no much discussion going on.

yes I didnt get my answer for questions I posted here.. :( there is no much help here from other Indians or immigration experts who have been through this process..
If you became a British citizen before the child's birth... Get the child an Indian passport and apply for the right of abode certificate of entitlement. I'm guessing approx time will depend but it should not be more than 2-3 months. Child can claim a British passport as soon as he lands in the uk however you may have to surrender the Indian passport after if India does not allow dual nationality :)
June 30th 2014 - Applied for spouse visa (Pakistan)
August 11th 2014 - daughters Right of Abode applied
August 18th 2014 - Right of Abode successful
December 2nd 2014 - Spouse visa refused
December 29th 2014 - Reapplied for Spouse visa

humawakas2014

Post by humawakas2014 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:49 pm

IndiMarshall wrote:
Amber wrote:The child was acquire an Indian Passport (if eligible) and have a CoE placed inside the Indian Passport for entry into the UK.

K I will check with others about the eligibility for Indian passport . So can the kid then eligible for British passport immediately when the kid arrives in UK.?

Yeah eligible for British passport but like I said above if India do not allow dual nationality then you would have to surrender the Indian passport and apply for British :) right of abode is a much simpler and quicker process than British passport application abroad yaar
June 30th 2014 - Applied for spouse visa (Pakistan)
August 11th 2014 - daughters Right of Abode applied
August 18th 2014 - Right of Abode successful
December 2nd 2014 - Spouse visa refused
December 29th 2014 - Reapplied for Spouse visa