ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Passport application processing timelines (only)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Haphazardeous
Newly Registered

Re: British Passport application processing timelines (only)

Post by Haphazardeous » Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:05 am

Haphazardeous wrote:Passport for: Adult (Naturalised Citizen)
Application Type: New
Method of application: Check & Send
Date of application: 02/07/2014
Date application received by IPS: 04/07/2014 (Received an e-mail from ukpa@reply.co.uk on 15/07/2014 after enquiring on-line)
SMS Received: Never received.
Date of return of documents: Waiting
Date of receipt of interview letter: Waiting
Date of Passport Appointment: TBA
Date of Passport Receipt: Waiting
UPDATES
-----------
25/07/2014
Called the 0300 number again and after my details were taken I was told it's still in examination progress and I should hear from them in about a week. I, then, asked if that was for the interview letter, the woman on the phone asked me if this was my first application and I said yes. So it seems like they take your details and do nothing with them at all. They must have got given guidelines to make you feel like they are looking into things but in actual fact, they're trying to fool you.

23/07/2014
Called the 0300 number to get a status update but was told the application was received on the 4th so I should call Friday morning. Post office check&send is clearly not a great service as they don't deliver it next day.

bilalazeem
Newly Registered

Post by bilalazeem » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:23 pm

Passport for: Minors (Daughter & Son)
Application Type: First Passports
Method of application: PO Check & Send (Mansfield)
Date of application: 25/06/2014
Date application received by IPS: 30/06/2014 (Durham)
SMS received: 30/06/2014 (1 sms only)
Date of receipt of interview letter: N/A
Date of return of documents: WAITING
Date of Passport Appointment: N/A
Date of Passports Printing SMS received: 24/07/14
Date of Passports Receipt: 24/07/14 - DX Secure
- 21/07/14> countersignatory received letters from HM Passport office to reconfirm if he knows the applicants and if he actually signed the applications.
- 22/07/14> Received a call from Durham office that they are ready to print the passports and if we need the passports urgently we can collect in person on 23/07/14

phospholipid

Post by phospholipid » Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:37 pm

Adult application
Applied 08/06/14
Interview date 23/07/14
passport received 25/07/14

thanks all

northstar212
Newly Registered

Post by northstar212 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:09 pm

sushdmehta wrote:Interested members can post their passport application processing timelines here for the benefit of others.

Please include the following details when posting in this topic:

Application Timeline
Passport for: Adult / Minor
Application Type: New / Replacement / Renewal
Method of application: Check & Send or Postal
Date of application:
Date application received by IPS:
Date of return of documents:
Date of receipt of interview letter:
Date of Passport Appointment:
Date of Passport Receipt:

Other Updates: If you wish to provide interim updates (e.g. - when you called UKBA for status, and what information you were given), please edit your original post to include the following:
Interim Updates
Date: Description

To ensure that your "entire" timeline history can be viewed by others at one single location and that there are no multiple posts of one case spread across the entire topic:
1. please do not make new (duplicate) posts in the topic to provide updates (e.g. - a new post with original post in "quotes").
2. to post updates (timeline / interim), please edit the original post you've made.
(Tip: Remember the page number of your initial post, to help you find it to edit it for posting updates).

Please refrain from chattering in this topic. To keep it high-value, please just read it and only post when you have an update to provide (timelines only).
Duplicate posts, multiple posts relating to the same application, pleasantries, off-topic posts, queries, posts enquiring about current timelines, etc. will be deleted without notice.

We thank you for your understanding and co-operation.
How to edit? I can only see "quote"

veenas127
Newly Registered

Post by veenas127 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:01 pm

veenas127 wrote:
veenas127 wrote:Passport for: Adult
Application Type: First time (naturalised citizen)
Method of application: PO Check and Send
Date of application: 07/06/2014
SMS received: 12/06/2014
Date of receipt of interview letter: 19/07/2014
Date of return of documents: waiting - received the documents on 22/07/2014
Date of Passport Appointment: 23/07/2014 - London Victoria
Date of Passport Printing SMS received: 24/07/2014
Date of Passport Receipt: 25/07/2014 DX Secure

Thanks a lot to this forum which has been really helpful and inspirational.

My interview experience:
My appointment was at 9.45am, but I reached London Victoria office by 9.15am. Normally they would not allow before 15mins from the allotted time, but the security allowed me to follow the queue. I went to information desk, they took my details and asked me to wait. Surprised that I was called within 5 mins for the interview. It lasted for 10 mins. So I finished my interview at 9.30am even before my allotted time slot.

The questions were as follows:
1. How do you commute to work?
2. What do you see on the way you walk from your home to the station? Not a difficult one though..
3. My full name with spelling, my DoB, PoB
4. My husband's name & DoB
5. My children's name & age & which school they go to
6. How long I have been living at the current address and whom do I live with
7. How do I know the countersignee, where does she work, what is her age, what is her profession
8. How many bank accounts & credit cards & loans I have
9. Am I registered on electoral register?
10. My parent's full name, DoB & PoB.
11. Where do I work currently and since when
12. When did I first come to UK & when I got the indefinite leave to remain.
13. When did I get naturalisation, who accompanied me to the ceremony and what happened during the ceremony.
14. Is finding HM passport office today easy or difficult?

bilalazeem
Newly Registered

Post by bilalazeem » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:03 pm

Passport for: Minors (Daughter & Son)
Application Type: First Passports
Method of application: PO Check & Send (Mansfield)
Date of application: 25/06/2014
Date application received by IPS: 30/06/2014 (Durham)
SMS received: 30/06/2014
Date of return of documents: 25/07/14
Date of Passports Printing SMS received: 24/07/14
Date of Passports Receipt: 24/07/14 - DX Secure

spike_UK

Post by spike_UK » Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:56 am

Hi guys, I have an issue! I've applied for a job(Admin) through agency and I have given my permanent residence as I'm still waiting for my BT passport (it has been only 2 weeks since I applied for it), the agency is not accepting my PR!!!! I don't know what to do! Is it possible to contact home office?!! home office says if you call them in less than 6 weeks your process will slow down!.
I should start work on 04 August. Any idea please, many thanks.
Applied for EEA4 on 24/02/2012.
HO received on 27/02/2012.
Refusal received on 16/08/2012 dated 11/08/2012
At the court, the HO REP withdrawn the decision and asked me to send the DOC for the time before marriage.
PR dated 05/03/2013

ashpan23
Newly Registered
India

Post by ashpan23 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:56 am

Passport for: Adult+Child
Application Type: First time (Naturalised Citizen)
Date of application: 01/07/2014
SMS received: 07/07/2014 (Durham Office)
Date of receipt of interview letter: 24/07[Called on 21/07 to Durham office for normal enquiry. 22/07 Caseworker called me and provided the reference number and advised I can book the interview straight away.]
Date of return of documents: 25/07
Date of Passport Appointment: 24/07/2014 - Edinburgh Office
Date of Passport Printing SMS received: 25/07
Date of Passport Receipt: 26/07 (Child : 23/07)

I can't believe that I received my passport with in 25 days from Durham office. :o
Thanks a lot to everybody on this forum for all your help over the years. :D

runie80
Member of Standing

Post by runie80 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:35 am

I feel your pain in exactly same situation. I don't know why the naturalization certificate is not a valid document. I guess all we can do is wait. News out of Durham office is looking good just few more weeks and we will look at all this waiting and huffing and puffing with a grin on our faces I think it's ok to contact them after 3 weeks from what I have seen
spike_UK wrote:Hi guys, I have an issue! I've applied for a job(Admin) through agency and I have given my permanent residence as I'm still waiting for my BT passport (it has been only 2 weeks since I applied for it), the agency is not accepting my PR!!!! I don't know what to do! Is it possible to contact home office?!! home office says if you call them in less than 6 weeks your process will slow down!.
In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

runie80
Member of Standing

Post by runie80 » Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:56 pm

Here you go. Passport office staff and home office have gone on strike. Just when you thought this mess cannot get any worse.. More delays for us

Passport crisis: now civil servants go on strike risking people's holidays http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politic ... idays.html
In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing.

chingomingo
Newly Registered

Post by chingomingo » Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:42 pm

Passport for: 2 Adult+2 Child
Application Type: First time (Naturalised Citizen)
Date of application: 09/06/2014
SMS received: 23/06/2014 (Liverpool Office)
Date of receipt of interview letter: 16/07/14(Called the enquriy office and also involved my MP)
Date of return of documents: 16/07/14 (Children documents have not received yet)
Date of Passport Appointment: 25/07/2014 - Chelmsford Office
Date of Passport Printing SMS received: Still waiting
Date of Passport Receipt: Waiting

As i have no news about children passports .Called enquiry office and involved MP as i have travel plans soon.I was told if i did not hear anything after 27/06/14 then children are eligible for one day urgent service. Who know????????

The lady at interview was very welcoming .
The questions were.

Full name?
Spell ur name?
D.O.B?
Where you work?
When did you start this job?
Where you live?
Is your house near to train station?
was it easy to find out this office?
how many children u have?
What documents you sent with application?
Who was your signatory?
Do you have any other family member in uk?
How many family members are there in back home?
Their ages?
Do u have children?
How many bank accounts do u have?
Describe your route to nationality?
What was your first address in the UK?
Where will u go after interview?
Is it you day off today?
Where u want us to send your passport?
You will receive your passport within 10 days.

spike_UK

Post by spike_UK » Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:54 pm

runie80 wrote:I feel your pain in exactly same situation. I don't know why the naturalization certificate is not a valid document. I guess all we can do is wait. News out of Durham office is looking good just few more weeks and we will look at all this waiting and huffing and puffing with a grin on our faces I think it's ok to contact them after 3 weeks from what I have seen
spike_UK wrote:Hi guys, I have an issue! I've applied for a job(Admin) through agency and I have given my permanent residence as I'm still waiting for my BT passport (it has been only 2 weeks since I applied for it), the agency is not accepting my PR!!!! I don't know what to do! Is it possible to contact home office?!! home office says if you call them in less than 6 weeks your process will slow down!.
Thanks for reply.

But regardless the naturalization certificate, I still have PR which is enough to confirm your state and eligibility for work!! and it's due to renew after 10 years!!
At the court, the HO REP withdrawn the decision and asked me to send the DOC for the time before marriage.
PR dated 05/03/2013

marrik

Post by marrik » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:32 pm

Application Type: First Adult (naturalised citizen)
Method of application: PO Check & Send
Date of application: 07/06/2014
Date application received by IPS: 11/06/2014 (Peterborough) [Did not receive SMS so found out through online query. They responded within 3 days]
SMS received: Did not receive.
Date of receipt of interview letter: 19/07/2014
Date of return of documents: 21/07/2014
Date of Passport Appointment: 24/07/2014 (Reading)
Date of Passport Printing SMS received: Did not receive
Date of Passport Receipt: 26/07/2014

Finally received our passport yesterday! Very relieved!! Thanks to all for your valuable inputs and support.

northstar212
Newly Registered

Post by northstar212 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:18 am

northstar212 wrote:Hi all! I am so eager to share my journey to British citizenship. Hope these can be helpful...

Passport for: Adult
Date of application: 4/6/14
Date application received by IPS: 9/6/14
Date of return of documents: 22/7/14
Date of receipt of interview letter: 17/7/14
Date of Passport Appointment: 23/7/14 (Chelmsford)
Date of Passport Printing SMS received: 24/7/14
Date of Passport Receipt:26/7/14 (DX Secure)

Note: You can choose the passport office where you want your interview, as Victoria, London can be fully booked at times or you may need to find availability. DX said they deliver the passport within 48hrs as they receive it.

Best of luck!

spike_UK

Post by spike_UK » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:58 pm

Hi gyts, very urgent,,, is there any number for Liverpool office to ask for my British citizen certificate back, will it affect my application? The job is insisting to see my certificate and they don't accept my PR!!! Many thanks
PR dated 05/03/2013

runie80
Member of Standing

Post by runie80 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:35 pm

Don't think there is a way unless you widthdraw your application which will reset the whole timing again.
You can try with showing them citizenship invitation letter from home office and see if they for the time being
accept it. In my case nothing would satisfy recruitment people expect British passport so I have to take the whole pain. Few more weeks to go. I see it as a short term pain for long-term gain.
spike_UK wrote:Hi gyts, very urgent,,, is there any number for Liverpool office to ask for my British citizen certificate back, will it affect my application? The job is insisting to see my certificate and they don't accept my PR!!! Many thanks

Haphazardeous
Newly Registered

Post by Haphazardeous » Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:36 pm

spike_UK wrote:Hi gyts, very urgent,,, is there any number for Liverpool office to ask for my British citizen certificate back, will it affect my application? The job is insisting to see my certificate and they don't accept my PR!!! Many thanks
Don't you have a scan or photocopy of it? It's the first thing they ask you to do when you're given it. Worst case, you'll have to cancel your application if the job's more important.

spike_UK

Post by spike_UK » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:01 pm

Thanks guys, well I've spoken to the helpline and she was very king, has emailed Liverpool to ask them send an email to work, confirming my citizenship and attach a scanned copy, that's what agency asked me to do but they still not sure if their head office accept it or not, the lady told me if I want it to be returned to me so I can show agency and send it back to home office which will be a delay again but I said to her, I rather to not take that job but finish the process and she said yes it might not worth to work for people like that.
I'm not interested in that job anymore if they don't accept the email from home office, then it is a joke to me not a job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PR dated 05/03/2013

runie80
Member of Standing

Post by runie80 » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:08 am

Sorry to hear that mate. Let's hope they accept the evidence you provide them. I have emails from 2 recruitment companies asking me to contact them asap once I have a passport. You will be lucky if they take the trouble and accept other documents. Normally they think it's risky and at the risk of not loosing a client they would just hire someone else who has British passport.

Yes I don't think it's worth it to widthdraw your application for it coz at the end of the day they may still ask for British passport. I have just accepted it as a fate as there is not much one can do to expedite the process we will have to sit this one out.

Hope your alternative documentation works and they accept it. Bad feeling when you have the right and the skills for job but "not the passport".

spike_UK wrote:Thanks guys, well I've spoken to the helpline and she was very king, has emailed Liverpool to ask them send an email to work, confirming my citizenship and attach a scanned copy, that's what agency asked me to do but they still not sure if their head office accept it or not, the lady told me if I want it to be returned to me so I can show agency and send it back to home office which will be a delay again but I said to her, I rather to not take that job but finish the process and she said yes it might not worth to work for people like that.
I'm not interested in that job anymore if they don't accept the email from home office, then it is a joke to me not a job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19eggs

Post by 19eggs » Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:30 am

spike_UK wrote:Thanks guys, well I've spoken to the helpline and she was very king, has emailed Liverpool to ask them send an email to work, confirming my citizenship and attach a scanned copy, that's what agency asked me to do but they still not sure if their head office accept it or not, the lady told me if I want it to be returned to me so I can show agency and send it back to home office which will be a delay again but I said to her, I rather to not take that job but finish the process and she said yes it might not worth to work for people like that.
Mate, I think that recruitment agency is dodgy or the agent has no clue. When I was under HSMP, my recruitment agency took a copy of my Tier 1 visa page and that was it. It should be made illegal for them not to entertain a valid ILR card. Some people do not want to get British Citizenship, they are happy with ILR. There are some born and bred BCs who do not have a passport, what about them. It looks like only British Passport Holders, can get a job through the Agency. How utterly ridiculous. Care to name the Recruitment Agency.

nehamanaktala
Newly Registered

Post by nehamanaktala » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:09 am

adeelmpk wrote:I phoned a few times and MP chased 2 or 3 times using their hotline - my work requires frequent travel [pretty much weekly basis], so I couldn't send my foreign passport however included a covering letter from employer. Also involved local MP to ensure that processing isn't delayed due to that. I'm not sure if my application was expedited however passport came through today. I've updated posted my timeline in the last message.
@adeelmpk Would be great to understand the process you followed to apply for the british passport since my husband travels frequently for work as well and needs his foreign passport while the British Passport is being processed. I am not getting a proper response from UKBA on what we should do. At what stage did you involve the local MP before of after applying for the passport and did the UKBA advice you on sending the letter from employer on your need to travel for work along with a copy of the passport. Would really appreciate your advice on this.

spike_UK

Post by spike_UK » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:52 pm

Agency keep texting and email and ringing me for what I'm going to do, I told them well, not much I can do but wait for home office to send you a copy of my certificate, she told me we really need u and company asking for you but I was just not showing interest anymore and she keep asking me what u gonna do, I told her I don't mind if you find some one as good as me for the position she is mind, and she asked me to ring home office again, I didn't then after half an hour she rang me again and said don't worry we will accept your temporary visa (Permanent Residence :) ) whilst I'm waiting for my passport. Job done

Thanks guys
PR dated 05/03/2013

Ahem

Post by Ahem » Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:53 pm

Please can you guys leave this thread for timelines only as you can read from the Subject ...

Start a new thread for individual discussion ... keep it clean guy ...

spike_UK

Post by spike_UK » Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:52 pm

Ahem wrote:Please can you guys leave this thread for timelines only as you can read from the Subject ...

Start a new thread for individual discussion ... keep it clean guy ...
It's regarding this tread tho!!!!! My application in process and I'm required to provide my certificate or British passport! it's solved now anyway............
PR dated 05/03/2013

spike_UK

Post by spike_UK » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:01 pm

Passport for: Adult
Date of application: 9th July 2014
Date application received by Liv: 11 Jul 2014
Date of return of documents: still waiting
Date of receipt of interview letter: still waiting
Date of Passport Appointment: still waiting
Date of Passport Receipt: still waiting

For need of my documents regarding vacancy I had to ring yesterday and was told it's not even assigned to a case worker yet..........
PR dated 05/03/2013